Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times

Advertisements

I sold one of my AK-47s to a guy in Washington and I remember seeing this. He wanted to get it in before the ban took effect but fortunately it was squashed before it could get out of the gate, at least the buyer wasn't in as much of a hurry to get it shipped to him.

Turnout heavy in opposition to WA ‘assault weapon’ bill; Bellevue police chief plays politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 AM

536 posts, read 413,700 times
Good! Nice to see the people still standing up for their rights!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 AM

898 posts, read 1,401,588 times
The problem with most of these 'assault' weapons ban, is the only way they judge weather or not it is an assault weapon is based on appearance.

It seems that any gun with a detachable magazine is considered an 'assault' weapon to these people. The utter ignorance of firearms demonstrated by most of these antis shows why they should have no say in their legality. They don't even care enough to be informed about what it is they're banning.

A semi-automatic, no matter what it looks like is not an assault rifle. Part of the definition of an assault rifle is that it is fully-automatic.

Many hunting rifles are semi automatic for crying out loud.

But then again, running for the legislature is nothing but a popularity contest. You only have to make yourself popular, you don't have to be smart. I think most politicians are proof of that fact.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
The problem with most of these 'assault' weapons ban, is the only way they judge weather or not it is an assault weapon is based on appearance.

It seems that any gun with a detachable magazine is considered an 'assault' weapon to these people. The utter ignorance of firearms demonstrated by most of these antis shows why they should have no say in their legality. They don't even care enough to be informed about what it is they're banning.

A semi-automatic, no matter what it looks like is not an assault rifle. Part of the definition of an assault rifle is that it is fully-automatic.

But then again, running for the legislature is nothing but a popularity contest. You only have to make yourself popular, you don't have to be smart. I think most politicians are proof of that fact.
Truer words were never spoken. Shooting an intruder dead with a fugly wood stocked AK rifle is akin to putting a big bulls eye on your forehead for the DA.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:

The ultimate goal of any gun ban is to disarm and control the law-abiding citizens.

Criminals who would use firearms in the commision of their crimes will always disregard gun laws because that is what they do. Even though felons are not allowed to possess firearms, if they are bent on commiting a crime using lethal force, they will get one bypassing all gun laws.

People must understand that Obama supports the UN ban against small arms and will, if given the opportunity, sign a UN treaty in an attempt to cancel out the U.S. Second Amendment and move the US further toward One World Order.

So, if you value your gun rights, join your local, state or national clubs and organizations that are on the front lines supporting your RKBA.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Would a minimum length barreled 12 ga pump action shotgun with a tube magazine be considered an "assault rifle"? Would a WW1 German Mauser? A .22 rimfire semi auto rifle? Or a pump action BB gun?

We must ban all firearms so we can get back to using knives, clubs and rocks to defend ourselves. Knives, clubs and rocks are a lot less frightening than guns. I don't want to be scared any more so take the guns away from everybody except our protectors. They will keep us safe.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:13 AM

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
TJ got it right!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Would a minimum length barreled 12 ga pump action shotgun with a tube magazine be considered an "assault rifle"? Would a WW1 German Mauser? A .22 rimfire semi auto rifle? Or a pump action BB gun?

We must ban all firearms so we can get back to using knives, clubs and rocks to defend ourselves. Knives, clubs and rocks are a lot less frightening than guns. I don't want to be scared any more so take the guns away from everybody except our protectors. They will keep us safe.
I work with many people that live in Tijuana but work here. The thing that surprised me is that most all own guns even though it's illegal in Mexico to do so. The reason they tell me is that the Cops aren't going to show up and they Police themselves. So much for a gun ban.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

A very true statement. I've got an old 740 semi auto 30-06 that would be much more lethal than a 7.62x39 tossing fmj. I can get extra capacity clips over the counter too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies