Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Obama's first year an utter failure?
Yes, Obama's first year was a failure. Glad he also failed to ruin the US economy. 49 47.12%
No, Obama's first year was a success. I cannot think of a better presidential first year. 14 13.46%
Not entirely a failure, not entirely a success. 36 34.62%
Other - explain. 4 3.85%
I do not know / not sure. 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM

109 posts, read 114,160 times

Advertisements

I've noticed the left here resorts to a lot of personal attacks on other posters. Of course, that's one of their main modus operandi in general.

I just wonder why the mods let so many of them slip by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense1 View Post
Was Obama's first year an utter failure? I think a discussion should be held about this last year.

2009 was a financial disaster. People lost their jobs in record numbers, the economy tanked even more, the national debt is on its way to be quadrupled by 2012. Meanwhile, banks were bailed out, Obama's bosses at Goldman Sachs run almost the entire Federal Reserve system, and people lost their homes to foreclosure while Obama and his bureaucrats debated Obama's "making Home Affordable" debacle. Obama has increased the National Debt from close to $10 Trillion to $13 Trillion today.

Let me not get started on the PorkImulous, which is a complete joke. The only people stimulated by Obama's stimulus were bankers and Obama donors. And of course, the builders of turtle bridges in Florida!

Not only that, Afghanistan got worse while Obama refused to make a decision on General McChrystal's plan, while wasting time and taxpayer money touring the world giving speeches about his Muslim heritage and other nonsensical subjects. The result is an embolden Al-queda and a even more defiant Iran.

Terrorism is on the surge, with Islamic extremists sensing weakness of this administration. This administration appointed Holder, a terrorist-sympathizer and former attorney/supported of Gitmo detainees, who has gutted America's intelligence apparatus and by scaring the CIA against aggressive gathering intelligence by threatening the CIA agents with prison time. The director of national security admits attacks are imminent in 6 months and since they cannot waterboard or otherwise interrogate high value terror suspects, we have no information on how to stop these attacks.

Meanwhile, Obama plans to spend $200 MILLION Dollars per year trying the worst terrorists of all in civilian court, while golfing care-free in Hawaii when Holder was giving Miranda rights to the Christmas day terrorist underpants moron. This is a chronology of how it happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am6f5EdHUpU Here are Obama's anti-terror team admitting the US is getting hit in 6 months - and they look pathetically hopeless to stop it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FkrdQ12zQ And why shouldn't they? Their bosses (Bama and Holder) will prosecute CIA agents trying to get intelligence to protect us and terrorists get mirada rights on the spot!

Then we get slammed with lie after lie, about Gitmo closing in less than one year, putting healthcare negotiations on C-SPAN, having transparency, yet running the most secretive administration of the history of the Republic, and then my personal "fav" Obama lie, the well known "no lobbyist" pledge, which was quickly broken when Obama picked over 40 lobbyists for key positions in his administration. You can see a compilation of 16 Obama lies in 7 minutes... fascinating! Breitbart.tv » 16 Lies in 7 minutes: State of the Union Video Breakdown

If that wasn't enough, we have an American president bowing to foreign leaders, including the Emperor of Japan and the Saudi King left and right.

After the bowing and kow-towing to Islamic regimes, Obama begs the olympic committee to send the Olympics to S#itcago in 2012 and gets turned down. Wasn't he supposed to fix America's bad image abroad. We know how that went!

Finally (and this is a HAPPY thing) - Obama failed at healthcare, cap n trade, withdrawing troops from wars, and others. I am glad these failed, as these initiatives would have damaged the US economy beyond repair. So Obama's failures there were great news for America. But they were failures, nonetheless.

I could go on and on... But there is no point. It's clear to me (and most Americans, it would seem) that 2009 was certainly a lousy year for Obama and much worse for America.

But what do YOU guys think?? Was this a good year for Obama and the USA? Was Obama's first year an utter failure?

Ahh this talking point lie fest is filled with so much garbage where do I begin

1. More jobs were lost during Bush's last year in office, than Obama's first year

2. The national debt being quadrupled by 2012 is a BOLD FACED LIE

3. Obama may have voted for the bank bailout, as did McCain, but he didn't pass it, Bush did.

4. You mean the Stimulus packaged that saved jobs of cops, fire fighters and teachers. The thing that most economists agree saved the economy from having a complete collapse??

5. Ahh yes a President that actually does something likes comes up with a strategy. I know after 8 years of Bush war strategy and taking some time to get things right is a foreign concept, but its actually sound policy. Also Afghanistan has been going downhill for years and has gone downhill as a direct result of taken the focus away from Afghanistan and putting it on Iraq instead.

6. Ahh yes telling the CIA they have to follow the law is such a bad thing.

7. Oh you mean the same type of Civilian trials and Miranda readings that were given to terrorist suspects under Bush, you mean those right. And, we have learned quite a bit from the Christmas terror suspect, you see what information we can get without torturing.....

Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Why did you load the answers? Why not let people give you an honest answer without forcing words into it that are not theirs?

I'd say pulling the economy back from the brink and getting it moving in the right direction -as well as actually fighting terrorism again - were as much major success as a president could hope for in a year.

Also - perhaps you are new to politics (many who oppose Obama are, based on polling), but there are certain signs of respect and pagentry that go along with being president. Study up before parroting picture posts.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
My vote goes to other.

Obama has been an "EPIC" FAILURE.

The worst first year of any single person in the WH ever.

Total and complete failures on every single issue.

Not one single major accomplishment on his record is pretty darn bad.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default What a ridiculous poll

Given a collosal MESS from Bush and the Republicans that took 8 years to build, Obama has EXCELLED!

The Republican sour grapes machine and attempts to discredit and obstruct the new president have been AN UTTER FAILURE.

...and don't you forget it.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh this talking point lie fest is filled with so much garbage where do I begin
Quote:
1. More jobs were lost during Bush's last year in office, than Obama's first year
2.6 MILLION jobs lost during Bush's last year in office.
3.6 MILLION jobs lost since Bammy took office.

Quote:
2. The national debt being quadrupled by 2012 is a BOLD FACED LIE
No....it is not, but you should know what a bold faced lie is.

Quote:
3. Obama may have voted for the bank bailout, as did McCain, but he didn't pass it, Bush did.
Obama DID vote for the bank bailouts...but HOW could HE pass it....IF he had not even been elected as POTUS yet!

Quote:
4. You mean the Stimulus packaged that saved jobs of cops, fire fighters and teachers. The thing that most economists agree saved the economy from having a complete collapse??
PROOF?

Quote:
5. Ahh yes a President that actually does something likes comes up with a strategy. I know after 8 years of Bush war strategy and taking some time to get things right is a foreign concept, but its actually sound policy. Also Afghanistan has been going downhill for years and has gone downhill as a direct result of taken the focus away from Afghanistan and putting it on Iraq instead.
You should be happy now that BO is devoting his attention on Afghaniland

Quote:
6. Ahh yes telling the CIA they have to follow the law is such a bad thing.
Calling the kettle black, don't ya think?

Quote:
7. Oh you mean the same type of Civilian trials and Miranda readings that were given to terrorist suspects under Bush, you mean those right. And, we have learned quite a bit from the Christmas terror suspect, you see what information we can get without torturing.....
What information did we get?
Links, please.
Like you Libs always say.......PROVE it.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Given a collosal MESS from Bush and the Republicans that took 8 years to build, Obama has EXCELLED!

The Republican sour grapes machine and attempts to discredit and obstruct the new president have been AN UTTER FAILURE.

...and don't you forget it.

You forgot that Harry and Nancy has ran the country for the last 3 years.

Please stop with the obstruct crap and excuse. Rep could not have not obstructed anything as they did not have the votes to do so.

It is the PEOPLE who have stopped Obama and the corrupt left wing machine.

80% of Americans believe this congress cannot be trusted. Of course they have the majority and still could not deliver anything of value.

No matter what you think, this current mess is all Obama and your dems fault.

Anyone with total power and a blank check could have done something by now for sure.

Instead they spent one year on a FAILED HC reform package and forgot we needed JOBS first and foremost.

The worst congress added with Obama being the worst spells disaster for America.

But, the people will fix that and get rid of liberalism in America. There is no place for it in a conservative minded America.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 PM

[quote=Sign;12818969]
Quote:

2.6 MILLION lost jobs during Bush's last year in office.
3.6 MILLION jobs lost since BO took office.

They do not know the facts.

No....it is not, but you should know a what a bold faced lie is.

Obama DID vote for the bank bailouts...but didn't pass it because he had not even been elected as POTUS yet!

PROOF?

You should be happy now that BO is devoting his attention on Afghaniland

How about his secret war in PAKKISTUN?

Calling the kettle black, don't ya think?

What information did we get?
Links, please.
Like you Libs always say.......PROVE it.
You should know that they cannot stand when someone points to the facts that Obama has been an utter and complete failure.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:24 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He took on a hideous mess and he´s trying to fix it. It´s not his fault if you poor scared right wingers dont know how to follow the news intelligently and on your own.
I will need to ask you something I have asked of others who seem to know how great Obama is. Could you please tell me what he actually accomplished during his first year that did the country good. I do not want to hear what he wants to do, but what he actually accomplished. I am all ears.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
spending too much money. he gets high marks however on foreign policy. hillary gota stop promising the bank to the 3rd world, we are broke.
our government is so like our wives attempting to imitate the riich and famous, only they do it with our credit not theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies