Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 PM

757 posts, read 802,949 times

Advertisements

Your own source states
"The American Immigration Court hearing was part of Onyango asylum case to avoid being deported from the US.
She was ordered to return to Kenya in 2004. Onyango and the president met in 1988 when Obama visited Kenya, but the president has not had any involvement with the case, nor will he be a character witness."

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
"The immigration judge gave Onyango and government lawyers 30 days to file closing arguments. The ruling is expected no later than 25 May."

Should she stay or go? What say you America?

Personally,I think she'll get a full Chicago-style pardon.

Obama̢۪s aunt gets American immigration reprieve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
I don't recall anyone in this thread claiming that Obama has interfered with her court case as of yet. He has conveniently distanced himself from his criminal relative. That didn't stop her from illegally contributing to his election campaign though, did it?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:40 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You mean the law should not equally apply to the relatives of public servants, elected or otherwise?

Everything he has done? Get real.

Yes, as you said, she'll likely get the full Chicago pardon (disappear quietly?). However, I suspect Obama is waiting to see how he can politically benefit from the whole situation his "Auntie" has gotten herself into and use it in his "amnesty for illegals" argument. "Never waste a crisis" says Rahmbo.
I have to agree with you on this...

Old 02-06-2010, 03:01 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
i can't believe that taxpayers are stuck with this illegal immigrant as well as the costs of her fighting her deportation. i not only blame obama, but george bush as well, since he enacted a directive just days before the election, requiring that federal agents get high-level approval to arrest fugitive immigrants, which directly affected onyango. (and of course they couldn't get high level approval to deport her and this was not an accident)!

i guess these corporate globalists are all getting along quite well after they leave office. i was equally annoyed when i saw that clinton and bush started their "haiti fund". we have committed over 100 million dollars of taxpayer money (not counting all the massive private donations and world donations) for a country with 9.7 million people. they then set up the fund and started taking money? i wonder how much of that money those people will actually see????

where is the concern for americans from the american leaders? i give credit to other countries for protecting their own people, but just wish we had leaders that protected us. obama also gave 100 million taxpayer dollars to the IMF so they could hold a club over iceland.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:03 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i can't believe that taxpayers are stuck with this illegal immigrant as well as the costs of her fighting her deportation. i not only blame obama, but george bush as well, since he enacted a directive just days before the election, requiring that federal agents get high-level approval to arrest fugitive immigrants, which directly affected onyango. (and of course they couldn't get high level approval to deport her and this was not an accident)!

i guess these corporate globalists are all getting along quite well after they leave office. i was equally annoyed when i saw that clinton and bush started their "haiti fund". we have committed over 100 million dollars of taxpayer money (not counting all the massive private donations and world donations) for a country with 9.7 million people. they then set up the fund and started taking money? i wonder how much of that money those people will actually see????

where is the concern for americans from the american leaders? i give credit to other countries for protecting their own people, but just wish we had leaders that protected us. obama also gave 100 million taxpayer dollars to the IMF so they could hold a club over iceland.

my mistake. obama gave 108 BILLION taxpayer dollars to the IMF.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
my mistake. obama gave 108 BILLION taxpayer dollars to the IMF.
And you know, I wouldn't mind so much and even take pride our country could help except we are already drained in resources by the illegal immigrants in this country, we don't have enough to take care of our own right now.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Uninformed opinions? Please.

Her appeal for asylum was denied years ago and a deportation order was issued to which she ignored.
You're okay with her using taxpayer money instead of it going to a rightful american taxpayer??

How many years should we support illegal aliens, allow them to live in government funded housing, and pay for their ongoing court appeals? 1? 2? 5? Hell, why even have immigration laws if we can't be bothered to enforce them and kick the illegals OUT. Why not just set every illegal alien up with a nice apartment? Do you see the flaw in your (lack of) logic?

ETA: link Obama’s auntie still freeloading - BostonHerald.com
I absoutely positively agree with you here. Just how many freaking years, are we to support illegal ailens, and also allow them to live in governement housing, and pay for their ongoing court appeals, this is utterly nonsense. I can see what your saying, why not set them all up with a penthouse aprtment.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:52 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Kick her outttttt with the rest of them!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:35 AM

744 posts, read 1,209,866 times
She should have been gone years ago. If she feels like she will be a target in her own country then we should allow her to watch self defense videos on her flight home. The judge in this one should make a statement that no illegals will be allowed to drain our economy any longer no matter who they are related to. I think Obama should step up and make a statement on this either way so we know where he stands (or atleast what he wants to say he stands for)

Old 02-09-2010, 02:18 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Now, having said that, there is an interesting issue which one article asserts that one of the grounds that she is arguing for political asylum is that because she is the aunt of the President of the United States, that she will become an easy target for muslim extremist in Kenya, which to me, was the first credible argument that she has made in this long process. Wether Judge Shapiro buys it, will be interesting.
I agree with you. Initially, I thought that since her appeals have previously been denied, this one should be too and she should be deported.

However, in terms of what is best for the United States and whether her situation has changed due to her relationship with the President and the media's disclosure of such. If she can demonstrate that there is a reasonable expectation that harm will come to her if she returns to Kenya, then her appeal should be successful.

It would seem to be a certainty that kidnapping and/or killing the aunt of the President of the United States would be a feather in any Anti-US terrorist's cap and something that we should seek to prevent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies