Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'm guessing that by the time the mother found out her daughter was pregnant it was later in the pregnancy. How late? who knows? But I bet it is harder (would be for me) to abort the later into the pregnancy it gets. I'm only guessing though.
My question is why the mother didn't know that her daughter was being raped?
Imagine the terror of this child.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
The reason why teenagers are having sex is because society has convinced them and the rest of us that abstinence is unrealistic. I'm sure the "abstinence" education that liberals criticize for being ineffective probably only plays lip service to the concept of abstinence and teenagers can see right through that. If the adults believe that abstinence is unrealistic, the teenagers will also believe that and behave accordingly. Add raunchy music videos and movies created by adults to the mix and you have a teenage sex.
Yeah, look at Bristol Palin, the poster child for abstinence.
It doesn't work. It never has and never will.
Tilt at windmills all you like, you can't stop a river from flowing.
Quote:
Abortion should NEVER be used as after-the-fact birth control.
Don't put your morality on me.
My morals are just fine and if a woman wants an abortion, it is the law of the US that she's entitled to have one.

How many dozens of babies have you adopted?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
It's one thing to be pro-choice and another to be so glib about the matter of abortions. Regardless of where you stand on the abortion debate, at least realize that abortion is serious business and never a laughing matter.
It's not the abortion I'm laughing at , although i certainly would if I felt like it, Mom.

No, what's funny are the sexually frustrated here who want to so desperately to punish the women who are having sex...

That's why they believe abortion is TERRIBLE unless the woman was raped...if it's not her fault, it's OK to "murder" a "baby"...but if she enjoyed it OH she has to be punished!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It just brings tears to my heart.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
This is the most horrifying part of this whole sad story - how could any mother allow her daughter to be raped by anyone?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
This is the most horrifying part of this whole sad story - how could any mother allow her daughter to be raped by anyone?
The mom goes shopping - the step father stays home. Mom is trusting the step father. She will ignore any signs because of .... denial - "no, I trust him - this cannot be the case. I'm imagining things" and so on.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Yeah, look at Bristol Palin, the poster child for abstinence.
It doesn't work. It never has and never will.
Tilt at windmills all you like, you can't stop a river from flowing.

Don't put your morality on me.
My morals are just fine and if a woman wants an abortion, it is the law of the US that she's entitled to have one.

How many dozens of babies have you adopted?
I haven't adopted any as I am in no position to care for a child - hence why I am abstaining. Once I get some stability, I will strongly consider adoption as I am an adoptee. Just as you are free to have an abortion in the US, I am just as free to voice my objection to the act of abortion because, last I checked, we still had freedom of speech here in this country. I cannot say what happened in Bristol Palin's case but I do know that it is challenging for any teenager to abstain when they live in an over-sexualized society. Also, not every child follows what their parents teach (who knows if Palin actually taught her daughter abstinence anyways), especially when society keeps sending the message that abstinence is unrealistic.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
What choice does the unborn have?
What choice are you giving the baby conceived out of rape?
Is not that baby just as innocent and deserving of life as any other?

How can you 'sometimes abortion is wrong' people continue to deny what WhoMe keeps saying?
You're picking and choosing

Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 AM

A fetus has no legal standing.
Zero. None. Nada.
It is not viable outside of the womb.
It is not a child, it does not have life outside of its parasitic relationship with the woman.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Who is the one that ends up pregnant?

What "punishment"? Protect yourself or deal with the REALLY HUGE CONSEQUENCES of not. It really IS that EASY.

Why do liberals think sex has no consequences and no precautions need to be taken when women spread their legs?

Women are that stupid? Apparently so. So much for the feminist movement! Still a bunch of "poor me types" and "I let my need for a man get the better of me?". That's comical. Especially when people fight for "some right" to have an abortion when all it does is absolve the "smart chick" for her lack of control, lack of ability to think straight when sex is involved, lack of ability to take care of her own body...until after the fact. That's when it's HER body....and that's when she makes "good decisions"....when she SHARING it with the product of her lack of control episode. What a joke!

Typical LIBERAL crap. Easy way out. No reflection on or demand for personal responsibility BEFORE the fact. Sex is the "be all end all" when the consequences of having it can end up picking apart a baby limb for limb. That's good times. You should feel good about supporting the AFTER the fact EASY solution and pretending a when a human sperm and a human egg "smush" the start is a human baby.... really isn't.....because it just makes it that much EASIER to deal with.

Whatever gets you through your day.
This shows your lack of understanding about what is happening in our world. How old are the "young people that live in your house"? If you have teenagers, do not be naive enough to think that all of your enlightenment has hit home. They do not listen to their parents, and you should remember what being a teenager was like. Most teens live for the moment, do not think about the future, and think their parents are morons. Yes, notice I said MOST, but believing that they will not have sex and will always use protection is naive. Hopefully, your kids will not wind up pregnant, but it is a possibility. Are you going to call your own daughter stupid, if she does? You also call people "trailer trash". If someone is not wealthy, and lives in a trailer how does that make them trash? Many wealthy people have had teens that got pregnant. What does that make them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies