Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Abortion should not be a method of Birth Control - which is exactly what a lot of women use it for.

Don't spread your legs ladies - then you won't get pregnant.

Simple

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Abortion should not be a method of Birth Control - which is exactly what a lot of women use it for.
Well I wouldn't choose to use it in that way, but I don't feel I have the right to tell others what to do. I would hope they prevent pregnancy.

Quote:
As far as I know spreading ones legs does not result in pregnancy. Semen has been known to be the biggest contributing factor in pregnancy though, strange how that happens. Equal opportunity irresponsibility.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
As far as I know spreading ones legs does not result in pregnancy. Semen has been known to be the biggest contributing factor in pregnancy though, strange how that happens. Equal opportunity irresponsibility.
I agree - it takes two to tango. No question

BUT - if the female does not spread her legs to be a willing receptacle - then the semen has no place to go

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
Yes, the buck absolutely stops at the woman. As usual, women are the ones who end up dealing with the long-term consequences of an unintended pregnancy, many times completely alone because the sperm donor has taken off for the hills after having his way with the "receptacle." (That's a disgusting way to put it, btw.)

That dynamic is also why I find it so incredibly infuriating when men assume they know why women have abortions and how they feel about it afterward. You don't know! It's not possible for you know. But, you think you know what's best for us.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 02-09-2010 at 10:17 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:

Simple
Abortion IS birth control....and legal.

If men were responsible they would quit having sex and then abortion would stop....

Old 02-09-2010, 03:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Abortion IS birth control....and legal.

If men were responsible they would quit having sex and then abortion would stop....
As others have stated, it takes two to tango ... Since the woman has more to lose from an unwanted pregnancy, the onus is on her. Fair? No ... but it's unfortunate reality.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:46 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
. Since the woman has more to lose from an unwanted pregnancy, the onus is on her. Fair? No ... but it's unfortunate reality.
If you believe this to be true then don't you think the woman should have the greater say in deciding which is the best course of options?

Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
We have numerous posters saying that it is basically the woman's fault that she got pregnant. Then, many of these same people say she should not have the right to choose an abortion. You can't have it both ways. If it is our responsibility to keep from getting pregnant and ours alone, then it is also our responsibility to decide what to do about an unwanted pregnancy.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
Also, people are extremely naive about what their teens are doing. I remember in high school our homecoming queen my junior year had had three abortions before her senior year. Her parents never knew, she went off to college, she now has a husband and children, but she went through those abortions with her friends for company. She was afraid to talk to her mother about birth control, and her doctor was a family friend. She drove over an hour away from home to another state for the abortions.

My son also knows several girls who have done the same thing. "Good girls" who no one would ever guess had been in any kind of trouble. These kids come from money, so I don't think the socio-economic factor is always true. Wouldn't it be better if these girls were able to get help from their families? It would be better to take them to get birth control then for them to go through an abortion. I would hope my daughter would trust me enough to come to me. If you think your teen is not having sex, then I hope you are never disillusioned.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:

Simple
Wow, so original. Let me guess, you're a man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies