Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,061,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I believe that abortion is not going away. I also believe that abortion is killing a life, and as such should be used sparingly and with great thought. In this case you have a child rape victim who faced a great chance of death, mutiliation and/or future infertility by carrying the baby to term. Huge difference between that scenerio and a forty year old using abortion as birth control ala Heidi Fleiss.
I think a lot of pro-choice people would agree with that. However, "you" (anyone on here who is usually anti-choice but think in THIS situation it would have been ok) are not the decider. No one gets to make that choice for anyone else. That's the point. That's why it must remain legal. So people can make that decision for themselves.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 AM

84 posts, read 195,540 times
pretty disgusting, who is it that got her pregnant? I doubt it was another 10 year old boy. Someone is suppose to go to jail for this and why would the parents want to keep the baby if the dad is the rapist? messed up

Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,272,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuljago View Post
pretty disgusting, who is it that got her pregnant? I doubt it was another 10 year old boy. Someone is suppose to go to jail for this and why would the parents want to keep the baby if the dad is the rapist? messed up
When the kid is older, ask it.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,089,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I believe that abortion is not going away. I also believe that abortion is killing a life, and as such should be used sparingly and with great thought. In this case you have a child rape victim who faced a great chance of death, mutiliation and/or future infertility by carrying the baby to term. Huge difference between that scenerio and a forty year old using abortion as birth control ala Heidi Fleiss.
What 40 year old using abortion as birth control did I mention??

My POINT is that the anti-choicers cite abortion as taking a life but then do a 180 and say it's OK in case of rape.

My question that NONE of them has ever been able to answer is:

Abortion is abortion...the deed is no different whether the female is raped or not.

So why do they feel abortion is different in the case of rape???

Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,158,526 times
Those who are pro life more often than not recognize that there are going to be situations where an abortion may be called for or necessary: Rape, Incest or one that I know very well, to save the life of the mother.

Thos who are pro choice seem to forget that those who are pro life see these exceptions and accept them.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:21 AM

600 posts, read 1,605,802 times
The more I read about stories like that, the more I think the only solution for today's kids is the chastity belt! Screw the pill and the condoms

Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,209,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
The more I read about stories like that, the more I think the only solution for today's kids is the chastity belt! Screw the pill and the condoms
My answer is not to punish the female; it takes male sperm to get one pregnant.

Vasectomies to all male children. When they can prove emotional maturity and financial solvency, they can apply for a permit to have the vasectomy reversed, at their cost.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:35 AM

600 posts, read 1,605,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
My answer is not to punish the female; it takes male sperm to get one pregnant.

Vasectomies to all male children. When they can prove emotional maturity and financial solvency, they can apply for a permit to have the vasectomy reversed, at their cost.
When I say 'chastity belt', I mean for both girls AND boys.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM

4,573 posts, read 7,479,030 times
What some of you don't understand is that a girl so young is at a much higher risk of complications than that of an older women, because she is not fully developed.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,089,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Those who are pro life more often than not recognize that there are going to be situations where an abortion may be called for or necessary: Rape, Incest or one that I know very well, to save the life of the mother.

Thos who are pro choice seem to forget that those who are pro life see these exceptions and accept them.
That doesn't answer the question.....why do anti-choicers think abortion is different in rape or incest cases?

The action is exactly the same as non-rape or non-incest abortions.

Oh, I see, choice is OK with anti-choice people if it's THEIR choice........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies