Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should people have to pass a drug test to recieve welfair benefits?
yes 91 77.12%
no 27 22.88%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 PM

241 posts, read 266,772 times

Advertisements

No one should be drug tested unless they operate heavy machinery, are in tranportation, work on patients, etc. I find it sad that people think it's just fine to test cube rats for drugs randomly, when it's usually only pot that shows up, since it stays in the system for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:46 PM

1,689 posts, read 4,290,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
What if your LEGAL prescription happens to be for medical marijuana?

What can an employer legally........say about this, when it comes to pre-employment UA's or random OTJ drug testing?
Ya know I was thinking about that, as in Hawaii it is legal to have a prescription for a certain amount of weed for specific diagnosis. I don't know. As it is a fairly new drug that has been legalized here in Hawaii, I would say it holds true as well not to be disclosed to the employer. Illegal drugs are reported directly to the employer but weed is no longer illegal in certain amounts.

I was thinking the very same thing when responding to this post. I wanted to respond to this OP because many people do not realize their rights when it comes to drug testing.

As far as welfare or welfair people; I work with and know many who are on assistance and the majority of them are playing the system in one way or another.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,415,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
As far as welfare or welfair people; I work with and know many who are on assistance and the majority of them are playing the system in one way or another.
More so than the average business person who fudges his taxes or doesn't follow the rules? Doesn't just about everyone play the system in one way or the other?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,885,377 times
john and mary taxpayer should not have to work to support people who are on dope.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:21 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,415,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
john and mary taxpayer should not have to work to support people who are on dope.
Who do John and Mary Taxpayer want tested? The children who are the real recipients of the welfare? Their parents? The disabled? The elderly? If the parents are using drugs do the kids lose the benefits that feed and house them? If the parents drug use excludes them from receiving benefits and the children no longer have food or a place to live, is the child welfare system prepared to add more children to their group homes and foster families? And assume the cost which is more than the parents were getting in benefits?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:39 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,759,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The first bold from the crown prince of name-calling.

Second bold, the statement that makes you clueless. Actually that's not name calling, that's making an obsevation. Saying you're a clueless **** head would be name calling

and you showed where what I said was a lie where? or can't you. I understand you have no point but trying to insult others does not help.

I have not called you anything

Old 02-06-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The new hair follicle test will show everything you have done for the past 6 months and marijuana for up to a year. Blood and urine do clean themselves but hair never does.

but blocking shampoos can be purchased to cheat the test

Old 02-06-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
first teachers out the door would be the art teachers (pot) and the coaches (steroids and HGH)

amazingly stereotypical.......shall we assume the science teachers make meth and the history teachers are drinking moonshine?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,280,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
amazingly stereotypical.......shall we assume the science teachers make meth and the history teachers are drinking moonshine?
That sounds logical.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM

45,048 posts, read 60,097,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
You were the one that started the teacher bash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies