Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 05:07 PM

1,133 posts, read 711,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Are you referring to my user nick? Metlakatla is a village in SE Alaska.

O.K. but if you don't mind that will be my nickname for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 05:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,663,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
O.K. but if you don't mind that will be my nickname for you
No; I don't mind. There are too many other things in life that are worth being concerned about.

I'm glad that I was able to help you learn something today.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
No; I don't mind. There are too many other things in life that are worth being concerned about.

I'm glad that I was able to help you learn something today.

That is good. Being that you are a left leaning liberal I suspect that will be your claim to fame . I would say you could learn a lot from this association but that is simply not possible with a liberal, that is why you are a liberal

Old 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM

I have to go now I have shrimp on the barbie and a football game to watch. Have you ever been to the Okanagan? I lived in Peachland near Kelowna for a year.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
That is good. Being that you are a left leaning liberal I suspect that will be your claim to fame . I would say you could learn a lot from this association but that is simply not possible with a liberal, that is why you are a liberal
I'm sure that you are quite correct here. Your brilliance comes through your posts to such an extent that I can barely see my keyboard. That is clearly an indication that your wisdom is on such a level that it would be too much of a challenge for me to absorb.

In the meantime, though, could you take pity on me and supply me with some grammar lessons? I want to be able to at least begin to write the way that you do.

Maybe I could pass for a conservative if I did...

Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM

Maybe it isn't my brilliance that is keeping you from seeing the keyboard, Metalksalot.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,746,603 times
Met, I think that the affectation of Pain's speech is so noticeable to us Alaskans since we listened to her normal voice so much on the local news before she hit that national stage.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Met, I think that the affectation of Pain's speech is so noticeable to us Alaskans since we listened to her normal voice so much on the local news before she hit that national stage.
Yes, I do recall the days when the ex-governor sounded almost normal. There was the matter of that nasal twang, though, but I don't think that's something that can be helped.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I have to go now I have shrimp on the barbie and a football game to watch. Have you ever been to the Okanagan? I lived in Peachland near Kelowna for a year.
No; I haven't. But I've met a lot of people from BC and Alaskans don't talk much like them either.

I take it those grammar lessons will have to wait until you've finished stuffing your face with insects of the sea?

Perhaps I can flag down a passing third grader to assist me in achieving your linguistic level while you're gone.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:39 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,289,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Because when i listen to her talk ...I'll be honest, I find her to be very unintelligent. Now I hear people that defend her say she's smart but every time she talks it sounds canned and she still does not sound intellectual enough that I would consider her a good political leader. Do alot of Alaskans talk like her ...is that regional?
"Unintelligent"? Have you listend to half of the Democrats in the House and Senate? Specifically: Barbara Boxer? Nancy Peloci? Just to name two!

Palin is far mor intelligent than these two.

Obama has a speech impediment. That whistle drives me nuts! That is a speech impediment.

Sorry. But you aren't convincing me. You sound like the typical hateful left. you don't like her message; so, you attack her as a person. That doesn't score points. Makes you look like an ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies