Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 11:58 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Not one of those have ANYTHING to do with who or how someone likes their sex. There is NO comparison. WE ALL have the same rights as it stands. Homosexuals want SPECIAL RIGHTS. There are people that get involved in all kinds of strange or abnormal relationships that may demand marriage, like poligmy, incestious or beastiality. They too cannot get married and should not be able to get married. Society cannot cater to someone's particualer bent when it comes to sex.
Yes because same sex marriage is only about sex.. Not to mention your asinine comparisons to non-consensual acts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:12 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Borrrrrrrrrrrring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Not one of those have ANYTHING to do with who or how someone likes their sex. There is NO comparison. WE ALL have the same rights as it stands. Homosexuals want SPECIAL RIGHTS. There are people that get involved in all kinds of strange or abnormal relationships that may demand marriage, like poligmy, incestious or beastiality. They too cannot get married and should not be able to get married. Society cannot cater to someone's particualer bent when it comes to sex.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I have no doubt in my mind SOME (not all) people on the right would LOVE to see slavery. And I am not talking about race. I am also talking gender. Going back to the days where it was ok to spank your wife or put your foot on her. Or make her a breeding machine. Or not let her work or pay her less.

Sad. We must fight against the pathetic anti American and anti freedom right.
You described my mom to a T, she was a breeding machine ( catholic and hispanic ) and had husbands that hit her and she never worked because my stepdads would not let her.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:33 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You described my mom to a T, she was a breeding machine ( catholic and hispanic ) and had husbands that hit her and she never worked because my stepdads would not let her.
Oh yeah man. I am so sorry to hear that stuff.

My mom is like that too. VERY obedient to my father. She expects me to be the same but now I am fighting back against their little anti woman culture. He used to hit her as well until my sister and I would hold him back and BITE HIM as hard as we could.

It is HORRIBLE how women are treated sometimes.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Ok let me say this again I personally have ZERO issue with gays getting married BUT I also can respect the majority that do not want it to happen. There has to be a line, there has to be a time when we do listen to what the majority want. Gays can have every benefit that straights do with one exception, the marriage penalty.
And why the heck should we be punished with a friggin penalty devised by heterosexuals. That itself is an attack on homosexuals. Gays are being used as scapegoats and it has to stop somewhere. I as a gay man decided a long time ago that the line has already stopped and I do not take care what anyone thinks. I was born with all the rights that every American citizen was born with and just because I was born gay is no reason to short me or the same EXACT Rights as every single Heterosexual, not a separate set amended by straights to suit their fears. Why cant a majority of the straights just get over yourselves and learn to share. Is that so dang difficult.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
And why the heck should we be punished with a friggin penalty devised by heterosexuals. That itself is an attack on homosexuals. Gays are being used as scapegoats and it has to stop somewhere. I as a gay man decided a long time ago that the line has already stopped and I do not take care what anyone thinks. I was born with all the rights that every American citizen was born with and just because I was born gay is no reason to short me or the same EXACT Rights as every single Heterosexual, not a separate set amended by straights to suit their fears. Why cant a majority of the straights just get over yourselves and learn to share. Is that so dang difficult.
Cyber Queen is for gay marriage dear.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah man. I am so sorry to hear that stuff.

My mom is like that too. VERY obedient to my father. She expects me to be the same but now I am fighting back against their little anti woman culture. He used to hit her as well until my sister and I would hold him back and BITE HIM as hard as we could.

It is HORRIBLE how women are treated sometimes.
I took a 2 by 4 to my step dad when I was 12 and told him to let my mom go, he left for sure, cleaned out the bank account, blew it in Nevada and basically never came back. I never saw my Mom hit after that. I have been a staunch supporter of womens rights since then and before. I am afraid of what I might do if I were to encounter a man beating his wife. I'd probably have to declare temporary insanity. It was not easy to get my Mom to understand that she had a right to speak her mind and stand up for herself.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I took a 2 by 4 to my step dad when I was 12 and told him to let my mom go, he left for sure, cleaned out the bank account, blew it in Nevada and basically never came back. I never saw my Mom hit after that. I have been a staunch supporter of womens rights since then and before. I am afraid of what I might do if I were to encounter a man beating his wife. I'd probably have to declare temporary insanity. It was not easy to get my Mom to understand that she had a right to speak her mind and stand up for herself.
Ah yes but we dont have guns in our home. All I could do it reach over and attack him however I could.

Your dad sounds like a dick. My dad stayed around they're still together.

Do your parents know you are gay? What do they think?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Cyber Queen is for gay marriage dear.
I know, but she is also for letting us take it on the chin. The LGBT people are expendable and so are our rights. I do not want partial equality, I want full equality. If I want to marry a man and get a divorce and marry a woman or vice versa, as long as both partners are of consent, then fine. If Cyber Queen is a supporter of gay marriage, why is she so strongly defending a majority voting against gay marriage? It does not sound like support to me.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Ah yes but we dont have guns in our home. All I could do it reach over and attack him however I could.

Your dad sounds like a dick. My dad stayed around they're still together.

Do your parents know you are gay? What do they think?
My Mom was the first person to know and I also have 2 gay brothers. My step dad hated all of us kids and called us derogatory gay names since I was at least 4. He was a dick, so was my other step dad and my real dad. I found my real dad when I was 34 and never told him, I did not want to risk losing a relationship with my real Dad over my being gay. Gay is not who I am and I wanted to get to know him. I got 16 years of knowing my dad and he was not so bad, I even got a brother that looks like me and 4 more sisters. Other than them everyone in my family knows that I am gay and in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies