Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,553,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Because we're concerned about a life being ended? Obviously you didn't read WHY we hate abortion, or you were too high to comprehend it.
That's why every pro-lifer is against capital punishment and all war, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,421,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Moot argument. Why are you so concerned about what everyone else does is the point?
I could care less if people get drunk or high. That's THEIR problem. But killing what we know is a living child is murder.

The poster was railing about his "rights" being trampled on and we asked which ones. They responded with pot being illegal and not being able to buy liquor before noon.

A. The Christian "lobby" doesn't exactly care about those rules.

B. This says everything we need to know about the poster.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 AM

536 posts, read 413,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think the add was changed, slightly. What upsets me, is that CBS pulled the homosexual dating add, and they'll air a pro life add.

To me, if they are going to sell time to whomever has the money, then it should be open to everyone. Its their network, and they can do what they want, but I still think its a bit of a double standard.

Glad they did. They do not need to air mental illnesses on public tv. Enough of that crap is jammed down our throats every day.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,421,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That's why every pro-lifer is against capital punishment and all war, right?
Comparing a criminal with a child doesn't fly with me.

War is (unfortunately) a necessary evil. It's always been and will always be. There is ALWAYS going to be some group or faction that wants to kill you just because you're you. War is often a defense of that.

Weak arguments.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
This says everything we need to know about the poster.
Because Memphis believes laws should be enacted for the good of the people and not to appease a specific moral/religious group, that makes him a degenerate looney-leftie liberal drunken pot-head? Got it.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Comparing a criminal with a child doesn't fly with me.

War is (unfortunately) a necessary evil. It's always been and will always be. There is ALWAYS going to be some group or faction that wants to kill you just because you're you. War is often a defense of that.

Weak arguments.
So all life is not equal in your God's eyes? Hmm...

Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Glad they did. They do not need to air mental illnesses on public tv. Enough of that crap is jammed down our throats every day.

I'm not exactly a liberal, but I take objection to that. Homosexuality is not a mental illness. It's abnormal, it's different, it's even deviant (from the norm) but not mental illness. Gender identityh issues, transexuals ARE mental illness, and it sickens me that society enables those people by giving the hormones and surgery rather than mental help to help them stop loathing themselves so much.

But to say homosexuality is a mental illness would be like saying men attracted to obese women is a mental illness, or fetishes are mental illness. Bizare? Sure, but not mental illness. Cutting your member off because you hate yourself IS mental illness.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,709,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I'm not exactly a liberal, but I take objection to that. Homosexuality is not a mental illness. It's abnormal, it's different, it's even deviant (from the norm) but not mental illness. Gender identityh issues, transexuals ARE mental illness, and it sickens me that society enables those people by giving the hormones and surgery rather than mental help to help them stop loathing themselves so much.

But to say homosexuality is a mental illness would be like saying men attracted to obese women is a mental illness, or fetishes are mental illness. Bizare? Sure, but not mental illness. Cutting your member off because you hate yourself IS mental illness.
WHAT??? Out of one side of your mouth, you actually sound sane, but yet YOU are making a judgement that homosexuality is DEVIANT???

Check please!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:50 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,216,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
American Christians have taken one hell of a lot more of my rights and liberties away from me, than Islamic terrorists have.

Oh, and I'm not on the left, I just accept reality.
what rights have american christians taken from you?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:01 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
WHAT??? Out of one side of your mouth, you actually sound sane, but yet YOU are making a judgement that homosexuality is DEVIANT???

Check please!
look what the word means. it means differs from the norm. most people are not homosexual. alibinos are deviants because they deviate from the norm of having pigments. it's not a judgement, just a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies