Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
Condoms are not a prescription item.
You think I don't know that?

Then you have the grocery stores that put the condoms in glass cabinets and you have to x old to buy them.

I can understand putting them behind glass in order to keep people from stealing them.

While I think condoms are great, it's better to pair them with birth control pills or an IUD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
The number of pharmacists that will not fill a birth control script is so very rare, it is of no consequence

BUT, if it does happen - there are other pharmacies that will

BUT, if the pharmacy is too far away then on line / mail order is available - WalMart will fill that scrip and deliver to your door.

And, I have NEVER, EVER seen a store put any age limitation on buying condoms - I'm not saying that there are a few that might - but again - it RARE.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You think I don't know that?

Then you have the grocery stores that put the condoms in glass cabinets and you have to x old to buy them.

I can understand putting them behind glass in order to keep people from stealing them.

While I think condoms are great, it's better to pair them with birth control pills or an IUD.
Putting them behind glass does not keep a minor from buying them. They merely need to ask.

Most schools also have condoms in the nurse's office.

Most medical clinics offer them for free upon request.

Birth Control Pills and IUDs are medical items and carry risk. In this case, as in all cases, the minor should speak to their parents and doctor to discuss these risks, since both have a risk of death and NEITHER protect against STD's or HIV Aids which can also lead to death.

If they don't have the ability to discuss their sexuality with their parents or another adult, then they should abstain from sex. Sexual relations require a certain level of maturity and responsibility.

I know many believe it's damaging to interfere with a minor's sexual education in this manner, but sex can be very damaging to both the body and the mind of an adolescent. It is a serious act and should not be treated as anything less than serious.

Last edited by Robinstyler; 02-08-2010 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: added a missed word.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
Putting them behind glass does not keep a minor from buying them. They merely need to ask.

Most schools also have condoms in the nurse's office.

Most medical clinics offer them for free upon request.

Birth Control Pills and IUDs are medical items and carry risk. In this case, as in all cases, the minor should speak to their parents and doctor to discuss these risks, since both have a risk of death and NEITHER protect against STD's or HIV Aids which can also lead to death.

If they don't have the ability to discuss their sexuality with their parents or another adult, then they should abstain from sex. Sexual relations require a certain level of maturity and responsibility.

I know many believe it's damaging to interfere with a minor's sexual education in this manner, but sex can be very damaging to both the body and the mind of an adolescent. It is a serious act and should not be treated as anything less than serious.
My school didn't offer condoms in the nurse's office.

I guess you ignored the part of my post where I said there are age limits on buying condoms depending upon the store. Where my girlfriend works, they ask you how old you are before they sell you condoms.

I know some people who wanted to discuss sex with their parents but they also feared their parent beating them to a pulp so...there ya go. The parents didn't find out they were having sex until AFTER they revealed they were pregnant.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Abortion can hurt the mother as well as denying life to a child.
I respect your right to hold your opinion. I was once like you very pro (30 years ago)abortion, time and life changed me. I saw not only does abortion deny life it also has great negative effects on alot of woman

I'm Not Sorry.net: Celebrating The Right To Choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landobutter View Post
Pro "choice" is very simple to understand. It describes people who want only the woman to be able to choose to murder an unborn baby because it doesn't suit her to have a child at this time. The other side of the equation - the man, has no say in it. Maybe she should have thought about that before intercourse. In the case of a rape or incest, that's another issue. But elective abortions are murder with malice aforethought. You can try to call it anything you'd like but it is what it is and most honest, intelligent people understand that.

Women who abort fetuses commit murder, plain and simple. Sometimes, as mentioned above an exception can be made but every woman I know who has had an abortion regretted fully and deeply their choice to kill their unborn child and it haunts them forever.
Damn right no man has a say in it He should have watched who he ****ed.

I know people who had abortions and they are NOT sorry. So your little heart tugging crying can be refuted. SIMPLE.

Quote:
I guess you've never heard of the "conscious clause" where health care workers can deny a woman her prescription for birth control. They don't even have to tell her if another pharmacy will fill it for her.

There have even been cases where pharmacists won't even hand over the prescription.
I know right? The same fools who are against abortion also want to deny birth control or Morning after pills.

How about they quit their job if they cant do it. Like Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Do you completely agree with Abortions being used as a method of birth control?

Do you agree with partial birth abortions?
I do not like the idea of women using it as birth control but HER CHOICE. End of discussion.

And no, I dont agree with partial abortion. If it is comes out and is alive, let it live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The number of pharmacists that will not fill a birth control script is so very rare, it is of no consequence

BUT, if it does happen - there are other pharmacies that will

BUT, if the pharmacy is too far away then on line / mail order is available - WalMart will fill that scrip and deliver to your door.

And, I have NEVER, EVER seen a store put any age limitation on buying condoms - I'm not saying that there are a few that might - but again - it RARE.
Yeah because we can just wait for walmart to mail it to my house when I need the morning after pill. Just because some fanatic religious person is against it in a pharmacy. Oh well. Abortion is an option.

Anyone who does not want to fill up birth control or morning after pill should be denied the job or fired or quit. You are not PAID to not fill up whatever just because your religion says so. Pathetic.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Oh PLEASE!!

I think adoption is a worthy goal but have you looked at the number of kids in foster care?
What gets me is that some on the right praise adoption but then they put up stupid and bigoted roadblocks such as, "Only married couples should be able to adopt" or "only heterosexuals should be allowed to adopt."

I think a woman should be free to make decisions about her destiny. Abortion is part of that. She should be free to decide if/when she wants children and how many.

I would rather work to reduce the number of unwanted and unplanned pregnancies by focusing on birth control, IUDs, comprehensive sex education, condom distribution, education, etc.

Many in the anti-choice movement are against contraception. That doesn't make any sense to me. If you are against abortion, why would you support policies that can very well increase the number of abortions?
It has nothing to do with gay versus straight being able to adopt and you know it. The majority of kids in foster care are A-not adoptable because their parents will not release them for adoption. How little you know, the state can take the child away from a parent, but can not force a parent to sign the child over for adoption..B- Many children are in foster care because they have disabilities that make them almost impossible to place or they are older kids. Newgal: I happen to be one of those that does not want to see condoms given out freely in the schools, I do not think public school is the place for kids to get birth control. Sex education, of course should be taught in schools, though I think most kids know more than we care to admit at an age we would rather not think about. And for your information, I am not a right wing religious nut nor am I niave enough to think abstainance is always the answer.

TheliberalOne: those who are pro-life are paid to push our agenda and it is discusting? What about those who push pro choice and keep calling an unborn baby just a bunch of cells? You get pregnant, you want to drop the baby off at someone's doorstep. I bet their all millions that would love to have that little one, we know, we have adopted and we have raised foster kids. Pro choicers have a choice, they can choose not to get pregnant.

Nita

Old 02-08-2010, 02:46 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,867 times
They made one last year and the star was BO. It was banned from last years Super Bowl!

Here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2CaBR3z85c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Pro-lifers keep on asking why liberals aren't happy or celebrating Tebow's mother decision.

I am glad she made that decision.

Now here's my question for pro-lifers...
when are you going to make a commercial celebrating that a large black family chose to have many kids?

Here's one that you could use: The Chukwu octuplets born in 1998.
Nkem Chukwu News - The New York Times

Chukwuebuka Nkemjika
Chidinma Anulika
Chigecherem Nwabugwu
Chimaijem Otito
Chijindu Chidera
Chukwubuikem Maduabuchi
Chijioke Chinedum
Chinagorom Chidiebere

Last edited by Okiegirlfriend; 02-08-2010 at 03:01 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
And no, I dont agree with partial abortion. If it is comes out and is alive, let it live.

Don't let them get you with that "partial birth" phrase. It's just a term they invented.

"A Time to Choose" by Amy Sullivan

It's lengthy but a good read.

Quote:
"Partial-birth abortion" is one term that has been widely adopted by the media, despite being a political construct that refers to no known medical procedure.
Partial Truth Abortion Coverage

Old 02-08-2010, 02:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

TheliberalOne: those who are pro-life are paid to push our agenda and it is discusting? What about those who push pro choice and keep calling an unborn baby just a bunch of cells? You get pregnant, you want to drop the baby off at someone's doorstep. I bet their all millions that would love to have that little one, we know, we have adopted and we have raised foster kids. Pro choicers have a choice, they can choose not to get pregnant.

Nita
Are you referring to me here? Theliberalvoice? Or someone else who is liberal?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Anyone who does not want to fill up birth control or morning after pill should be denied the job or fired or quit. You are not PAID to not fill up whatever just because your religion says so. Pathetic.
In the VERY FEW CASES where the pharmacist will not fill the script, the pharmacy simply does not carry the medication. It will be known in the community.

It is NOT a big deal - it REALLY is not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies