Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:49 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,703,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
We had eight years of Bush and Cheney. Now you get mad !

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and
appointed a President..

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got ousted.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said
illegal war.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq .

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city drown.

You didn't get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich.

You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark.

You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America
deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies,
corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all
okay with you, but helping other Americans... oh hell no.
Half of your stuff is radical left wing propaganda, the other half is all supposition. Many of us conservatives disliked the way Bush ran this country and were quite vocal about it. Your argument seems to be, "yeah, Obama sucks, but since you didn't complain loud enough about Bush sucking, you can't say that Obama sucks." Kinda convoluted logic. Bottom line, this current administration is running up massive deficits that we can not repay. You can not spend your way out of debt; that's like driving your empty car until it's full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 10:49 PM

45 posts, read 30,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Most of what you posted involves egregious spending.

How do you correlate these things to the current healthcare bill, which WILL result in massive spending, tax increases, and a massive boon for insurance companies?

Tell me how mad you are at this particular reality, and then we'll have a rational discussion.

Until then, this is nothing but "me, me, me" entitlement crap and obvious class envy.

900 billion is not massive spending? The cost of the war is not massive? Do you only care about money? Not rights or morals?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgal22 View Post
900 billion is not massive spending? The cost of the war is not massive? Do you only care about money? Not rights or morals?
Those are quite subjective, spending money that one does not have is objective.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,099,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgal22 View Post
I don't think you understood my post.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Yes & all this egregious spending is ridiculous like you say, yet it's considered "for the good of the country" & yet healthcare is not. Don't you see that these same people who cry about this war spending have a problem w/spending this money on their own fellow citizens in this very own country who are without healthcare? Don't you think that is the epitome of elitist?
Liberal talking points have gone straight to your head. What would make you think that conservatives don't want healthcare reform? You'll never get a straight answer until you can get past the simple things that obviously aren't getting through to you.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,727,595 times
Quote:
I don't think you understood my post.
I think your posts were understood to be just what they are...ignorant
drool. You are not making any sense. You are not even on topic.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,264,451 times
Quote:
Liberal talking points have gone straight to your head. What would make you think that conservatives don't want healthcare reform? You'll never get a straight answer until you can get past the simple things that obviously aren't getting through to you.
Ooookay, well I'm glad I had this discussion w/you. I'm sorry, but if you want to accuse me of having others "think" for me, then I will do the same of you & all of your consorts. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? I've been on this forum for a couple months & I've seen all I need to see to know how conservatives think about healthcare reform. It ain't pretty & actually, it's pretty fricking disgusting the things that I've read on here. Granted, this forum is not the end all to be all of what people in this country think, however I'm completely turned off but what I've read on here. You can call it what you like...I call it as I see it....or read it.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
I think your posts were understood to be just what they are...ignorant
drool. You are not making any sense. You are not even on topic.
You can not send your way out of debt. This administration has massively increased our deficit. It really is that simple.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Ooookay, well I'm glad I had this discussion w/you. I'm sorry, but if you want to accuse me of having others "think" for me, then I will do the same of you & all of your consorts. Sounds stupid, doesn't it? I've been on this forum for a couple months & I've seen all I need to see to know how conservatives think about healthcare reform. It ain't pretty & actually, it's pretty fricking disgusting the things that I've read on here. Granted, this forum is not the end all to be all of what people in this country think, however I'm completely turned off but what I've read on here. You can call it what you like...I call it as I see it....or read it.
That's precisely the problem. Whether you got it here or from MSM or Olbermann himself, someone somewhere has programmed you to think that us conservatives don't want healthcare reform, which couldn't be further from the truth.

That just gets in your crawl doesn't it?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I can't speak for all conservatives, but this conservative wants healthcare reform, I want tort reform and the ability to shop across state lines for health insurance, to begin with. I, like the overwhelming majority of Americans, do not want the government to run my health care, by increasing our debt even more and still leaving over 12 million people uninsured. The government has never been, nor ever will be your savior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies