Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
We had eight years of Bush and Cheney. Now you get mad !

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and
appointed a President..no it didnt.....bush carried 30 sates, gore only carried 20 states...........On December 12, the Supreme Court ruled in a 5–4 vote that the Florida recounts could not be completed before a December 12 "safe harbor" deadline, and should therefore cease and the previously certified total should hold............On January 6, 2001, a joint session of Congress met to certify the electoral vote. Twenty members of the House of Representatives, most of them Democratic members of the Congressional Black Caucus, rose one-by-one to file objections to the electoral votes of Florida. However, according to an 1877 law, any such objection had to be sponsored by both a representative and a senator. None of the Democrat controlled senate would co-sponsor these objections, deferring to the Supreme Court's ruling. Therefore, Gore, who presided in his capacity as President of the Senate, ruled each of these objections out of order.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy. and what policy is that?????

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got ousted....she wasnt covert...her own husband even said that

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.........you mean the bill that was passed by congress (house vote 357-66) and the DEMOCRAT controlled senate (senate vote 98-1-1 (the one present being Landreu of lousianna))

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us. funny because it was US policy....
Regime change in Iraq has been official US policy since 1998. The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, signed into law by President Clinton, states:

"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998
105th Congress, 2nd Session
September 29, 1998

You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said
illegal war. and who controls the funds...congress...and who has controlled congress for the last 3.2 years....the democrats)

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq .and you didnt get mad when the clinton pentagon cant account for 3.2 trillion?????

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people. hmmm either waterboard(not a true torture)and get needed info...or appease the terrorists and get hit again,,,,hmmm

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.you mean with the clipper device under clinton,,,or the fact that Obama has continued the policy???

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden....trying to catch one man is not easy...clinton couldnt, bush couldnt, and so far obama hasnt

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed. yes we did....

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city drown. ...maybe they should havent have build a city below sealevel...maybe clinton shouldnt have cut funds to FEMA...maybe clinton shouldnt have cut funds to the levies(ACoE)...maybe the MAYOR should have taken care of his people

You didn't get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich.....you meen the 2003 tax cuts...1% to EVERYONE and the credits for householde UNDER 180k????...the 'cuts for the rich' lie has gone far enough

You didn't get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark. ....which happened when???? fy09 and who controlled the purse strings...congress..and who controlled congress...the democrats

You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America
deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies,
corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all
okay with you, but helping other Americans... oh hell no.
NO american is denied seeing a doctor...every american has ACCESS to medical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
You said that half of the grievances listed by the OP were untrue. How about naming and refuting them one by one. In other words prove your point.
I thought i already did.

How can I refute the OP's opinion that some imaginary straw man "did not get mad" when Bush ran up a deficit?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
We had eight years of Bush and Cheney. Now you get mad !
You must have missed the 2006 election when the conservatives stayed home/voted out incumbent republicans, thereby giving control of congress to the democrats.

Same for 2008, although 25% of conservatives voted for obama.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Going from the frying pan into the fire did not improve anything.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
No it doesn't. I think you have a severe problem with comprehension.
He does

Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 AM

45 posts, read 30,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its only an excellent post pointing out the hypocracy of the left and about how they need to outright lie..

You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America
deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick.

Who ever tried to stop people from seeing a doctor when they were sick?

insurance companies? Doctors? Ever tried to pay for cancer treatment off a minimum wage job ?

Thousands of people die every year due to lack of health care in this country. Are you suggesting they just chose not to get help?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgal22 View Post
insurance companies? Doctors? Ever tried to pay for cancer treatment off a minimum wage job ?

Thousands of people die every year due to lack of health care in this country. Are you suggesting they just chose not to get help?
Oh I know. Min. wage jobs that give you 10 average hours a week...like mine.

I am going to school and working as much as I can. Unfortunately, the recession is eating up the stores business and most of us only get like 10-15 hours a week.

Paying off even birth control (avoid abortion, right) is hard.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh I know. Min. wage jobs that give you 10 average hours a week...like mine.

I am going to school and working as much as I can. Unfortunately, the recession is eating up the stores business and most of us only get like 10-15 hours a week.

Paying off even birth control (avoid abortion, right) is hard.
I thought PP would give out or reduce the cost of BC

Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
You had 6 years of Bush-Cheney as Harry and Nancy took over and of course things have been going downhill since.

NO MATTER what Bush or Cheney did OBAMA-BIDEN have made it worse, MUCH WORSE.

Like it or not, Obama and Biden are far worse then Bush and Cheney ever was. And to think they did it all in one year!

So OP, if it was that bad under Bush and Cheney, then your leader who has total control of the country should be able to fix all those things rather easily correct?

Wonder when Obama will start making things better? We have been waiting.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:03 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I thought PP would give out or reduce the cost of BC
Yeah but even then, it costs money. I am making around 80 a week. Need gas for the car and tuition. It sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You had 6 years of Bush-Cheney as Harry and Nancy took over and of course things have been going downhill since.

NO MATTER what Bush or Cheney did OBAMA-BIDEN have made it worse, MUCH WORSE.

Like it or not, Obama and Biden are far worse then Bush and Cheney ever was. And to think they did it all in one year!

So OP, if it was that bad under Bush and Cheney, then your leader who has total control of the country should be able to fix all those things rather easily correct?

Wonder when Obama will start making things better? We have been waiting.
You are the kind of person that even if Obama cured cancer, you would hate him. If made abortion illegal, you would still hate him. He could feed each and every hungry child in the world and you would still hate him.

Has it ever run through your mind that Bush/Cheney ****ed it up SO BAD that Obama cannot just fix it in a year? Of course I know better than to argue with the likes of you though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies