Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 AM

78 posts, read 102,002 times

Advertisements

Iran moves closer to nuke warhead capacity

By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer George Jahn, Associated Press Writer – Mon Feb 8, 10:58 pm ET

VIENNA – Iran pressed ahead Monday with plans that will increase its ability to make nuclear weapons as it formally informed the U.N. nuclear agency of its intention to enrich uranium to higher levels.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100209/ap_on_re_us/iran_nuclear (broken link)

Is ANYONE, other than our clueless president, buying into the Iranian "peaceful nuclear energy program"?

Is anyone thinking Israel is waiting to find out if the program us peaceful or not??

Is anyone NOT believing Israel will act and defend itself before it's pulverized by an Iranian attack, which is a bad option, and yet will trigger a regional war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
From the article:

Quote:
France and the U.S. said Monday the latest Iranian move left no choice but to push harder for a fourth set of U.N. Security Council sanctions to punish Iran's nuclear defiance.
. . .

Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates believed the United Nations should slap new sanctions on Iran in "weeks, not months."

Morrell said Gates believes a U.N. resolution would lay the legal groundwork countries need to impose sanctions independently and pressure Iran to abandon its nuclear program.
Given that what the article says is the opposite of what you posted, the only logical conclusion is that you are lying about the President's position in the expectation that most readers won't follow the link and check your facts.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense1 View Post
Iran moves closer to nuke warhead capacity

By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer George Jahn, Associated Press Writer – Mon Feb 8, 10:58 pm ET

VIENNA – Iran pressed ahead Monday with plans that will increase its ability to make nuclear weapons as it formally informed the U.N. nuclear agency of its intention to enrich uranium to higher levels.

Iran to stop enrichment if given nuclear fuel - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100209/ap_on_re_us/iran_nuclear - broken link)

Is ANYONE, other than our clueless president, buying into the Iranian "peaceful nuclear energy program"?

Is anyone thinking Israel is waiting to find out if the program us peaceful or not??

Is anyone NOT believing Israel will act and defend itself before it's pulverized by an Iranian attack, which is a bad option, and yet will trigger a regional war?
IMO it will not take long before Israel will strike....they have to, since this president has no clue what to do...

Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
If I were running Iran I would have developed nuclear weapons and delivery systems (small boats) years ago in order to make it too expensive for the US to invade my country at the behest of Israel. Or simply have bought them from France, Britain, Russia or China in some form of backdoor deal.

In any case any country without nukes is vulnerable to an unprovoked attack by the American Empire. They are just like an unarmed householder counting on the home breakers to pick some other place.

In any case we need to drop our farcical and unprofitable Imperial ambitions in the Middle East, along with the 700 bases elsewhere, and get back to tending to our own house. We have spent so much time and money making the world safe for Wall Street speculators our own country is falling apart. We need new priorities and worrying about Israel or foreign investments should not be on the list.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
I think the OP woefully misunderstands the president's position on and awareness of Iran's true intentions.

It is fine to disagree with the policy direction chosen to deal with that problem, but to accuse Obama of not knowing what is really going on is absolutely false. I don't know if you're just a victim of right wing propaganda media, but I think if you actually listen to what he says and follow what he does you will see reality is very different from your misguided perception.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:48 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think the OP woefully misunderstands the president's position on and awareness of Iran's true intentions.

It is fine to disagree with the policy direction chosen to deal with that problem, but to accuse Obama of not knowing what is really going on is absolutely false. I don't know if you're just a victim of right wing propaganda media, but I think if you actually listen to what he says and follow what he does you will see reality is very different from your misguided perception.
Exactly. If the OP actually thinks the White House isn't closely monitoring Iran's nuclear program, putting in place countermeasures, or that they "trust" Iran to only do good with it, then the OP is delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies