Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM

328 posts, read 306,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
New liberal crime: Posing While White.
New Right Wing Defense, Pretend Whites have it bad in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland City View Post
There was no point, she believes everything is equal and is trying to victimize whites as if they have it so rough.
Actually. You have missed the point.

I never said everything was equal in the world - just that people of different colors are equal in my eyes. ((Why can't we just paint everyone pink and get it over with?))

I never once tried to victimize whites. ((And if I have, please point it out to me.))

I merely pointed out that when you are blindly pointing your finger at the source of the problem, you fail to see that what you point at is merely a mirror. And it's pointing right back at you.

Quote:
Well, at least you can acknowledge that racial/color privilege is real, which is the point that the OP was making
Actually, the OP was pointing at an article and laying claim to white privilege. I merely pointed out that it exists for all color/nationality/gender/etc. Everyone is affected by bias and discrimination in their lives.

Quote:
Lastly, if there were really a lack of concern about skin tone, you wouldn't see constant examples of white privilege at play.
I never denied that white privilege doesn't happen. It's just that nobody has proven yet that the example in the opening post (which is a verifiable article, vice hearsay) is indeed white privilege.

Especially since the ring leader of the crime ring is Korean.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Actually. You have missed the point.

I never said everything was equal in the world - just that people of different colors are equal in my eyes. ((Why can't we just paint everyone pink and get it over with?))

I never once tried to victimize whites. ((And if I have, please point it out to me.))

I merely pointed out that when you are blindly pointing your finger at the source of the problem, you fail to see that what you point at is merely a mirror. And it's pointing right back at you.

Actually, the OP was pointing at an article and laying claim to white privilege. I merely pointed out that it exists for all color/nationality/gender/etc. Everyone is affected by bias and discrimination in their lives.

I never denied that white privilege doesn't happen. It's just that nobody has proven yet that the example in the opening post (which is a verifiable article, vice hearsay) is indeed white privilege.

Especially since the ring leader of the crime ring is Korean.
You are not representative of the rest of the country. But I can respect where you're coming from. Please note, I'm not generalizing all white people, there is a certain percentage who I am referring to.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:33 PM

305 posts, read 805,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post

Please, tell me what all these benefits are that I am receiving. .
You're given the benefit of the doubt, the benefit of trust, something blacks are unable to get away with.

You're not really stereotyped and put into a box like blacks usually are, you have the ability to be more free as a person and usually not feel the need to defend yourself 24-7.

Generally whites are called dumb.
Looked apon as more professional
Non Criminals
Healthy and not obese people

Blacks in America are the butt of most jokes, stereotyping goes along way.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I'm white, and in the same socioeconomic class as the black people I work with. We're both wage slaves working for the massa.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:21 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
You're given the benefit of the doubt, the benefit of trust, something blacks are unable to get away with.

You're not really stereotyped and put into a box like blacks usually are, you have the ability to be more free as a person and usually not feel the need to defend yourself 24-7.

Generally whites are called dumb.
Looked apon as more professional
Non Criminals
Healthy and not obese people

Blacks in America are the butt of most jokes, stereotyping goes along way.

Your perception of the world is incredibly skewed. White people not obese? White people professional and not criminal? Look at Bernie Madoff

give me a break. Like I already said - It's your attitude that matters most.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:24 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times
Quote:
The only people who believe there is no such thing as white privilege are

1. racists who feel the white man is under attack.
2. whites who do not want to lose their white privilege
3. uneducated people who have no understanding of American or European history
You have no understanding of anything, it seems. But it's always easy to blame others for your own failure, is it not.

Quote:
I'm not generalizing all white people, there is a certain percentage who I am referring to.
Yes, you are. See above.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You have no understanding of anything, it seems. But it's always easy to blame others for your own failure, is it not.

Yes, you are. See above.
Actually you have no understanding of anything, I have not failed so I have no one to blame. . What I have stated is something every educated scholar has said 10 fold, then again you probably think college is a left wing wacko institution. Damn that medical education.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:03 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times
Quote:
Actually you have no understanding of anything, I have not failed so I have no one to blame. . What I have stated is something every educated scholar has said 10 fold, then again you probably think college is a left wing wacko institution. Damn that medical education.
Good. Then stop whining.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Good. Then stop whining.
No surprise a right winger is trying to tell others to stop doing something, all the while you probably claim to hate communism.

You fail to see the difference between debating and discussing a historical and sociological fact and "whining".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies