Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post

She used it as an example of her outstanding experience with foreign policy.

Here's the link again. Just in case you missed it the first time.

Palin Talks Russia With Katie Couric (VIDEO)

Denial.............semantics............more denial............semantics.......and on it goes........

Her video AND transcript are quite clear. She's not got a clue...no foreign policy experience at all.....
No, she claimed Alaska has very close proximity to Russia, close enough to actually see them, and that they have trade missions with Russia.. FACTS.. And while I'm no supporter of Palins and I dont think she's qualified to be president, considering the alternative that we ended up with, who has even less experience, the left has very little to keep mocking her about.

Want to list what trade missions Obama has had with ANYONE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM

501 posts, read 1,296,242 times
Of course Palin didn't say she could see Russia from her house - Tina Fey did.

But what the slow witted Palin did say in a garbled word salad response to her foreign policy creds is that" you can see Russia from land in Alaska". While that is true, it was uttely unresponsive and even irrelevant to the question asked of her.

Unless this dimwit really thought that her governing of a state that can see Russia from its shores somehow qualifies as foreign relations/policy experience for her resume. And that is more stupid than the joke Tina Fey made of Palin's statement.

As to the left being afraid of Palin, I am an independent, so can't vouch for anyone but myself. But I can't even imagine why anyone would fear this woman, even in the slightest. There are tons of faux celebrities out there making money hand over fist by spouting whatever nonsense a gullible audience wants to hear and cheer. She is just a dime a dozen on this score. I think it makes armchair patriots happy to believe that their patron saint is "feared" by those they dislike. Be better for them if it were true, but it isn't, at least I have heard more laughter than any fear when her name comes up (and that is even among republicans I know - the hand note job was 5th grade all over again, as was just reciting bumpersticker slogans at the convention).

Palin was a brief footnote in America's colorful political history, and nothing more.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
nope.. but no one claimed it did...
Do you think seeing Russia qualifies as experience in foreign policy?

That was the credential Sarah gave for her experience in foreign policy.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Seems off topic to me....just a tad. But, I'll say this anyway. No matter what you think of Obama, Palin is a disgrace to the American political system. She's laughable. She doesn't even know what she's talking about half the time and she comes off like the goofy mom next door. I like the mom next door to me but she's not qualified to run the country.

What does your quote have to do with Palin?

Sarah Palin is a leader.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sarah Palin is a leader.

Sorry but I disagree. And no I am not a liberal Democrat. And I don't want her anywhere near the Libertarian party.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
ignorance about what? What do he say that isn't true?
He said he was probably smarter than 50% of the nations people. It's not probably and it's more than 50%!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you think seeing Russia qualifies as experience in foreign policy?

That was the credential Sarah gave for her experience in foreign policy.
Take 2..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, she claimed Alaska has very close proximity to Russia, close enough to actually see them, and that they have trade missions with Russia.. FACTS.. And while I'm no supporter of Palins and I dont think she's qualified to be president, considering the alternative that we ended up with, who has even less experience, the left has very little to keep mocking her about.

Want to list what trade missions Obama has had with ANYONE?

Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Sorry but I disagree. And no I am not a liberal Democrat. And I don't want her anywhere near the Libertarian party.

Well, you're entitled to you're own opinion but not your own facts.

While in High School Sarah Palin headed the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. She was co-captain of the girls basketball team. After serving two term on the Wasilla City Council, she was elected mayor and served the two terms permitted by Wasilla's term limits. While mayor of Wasilla, she was elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. She chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and was Alaska governor until driven from office by baseless harassment ethics charges by political opponents. Today she is clearly taking a leadership position in the Tea Party movement and is the front runner for the Republican 2012 presidential nomination.

She has been a leader all of her adult life.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, you're entitled to you're own opinion but not your own facts.

While in High School Sarah Palin headed the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. She was co-captain of the girls basketball team. After serving two term on the Wasilla City Council, she was elected mayor and served the two terms permitted by Wasilla's term limits. While mayor of Wasilla, she was elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. She chaired the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and was Alaska governor until driven from office by baseless harassment ethics charges by political opponents. Today she is clearly taking a leadership position in the Tea Party movement and is the front runner for the Republican 2012 presidential nomination.

She has been a leader all of her adult life.
Insider: Palin Failed to Lead on Oil and Gas Safety in Alaska

All elements of Alaska's North Slope oil system have been hit in recent weeks, this in the wake of the ongoing book tour by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

"When she announced the Alaska oil and gas infrastructure risk assessment project on May 1, 2007, it (the project) was supposed to take three years to complete," speaking of a project Palin was involved in, Fineberg told Truthout, "But it took the Palin administration nearly two years just to come up with its plan, only to have its proposal soundly rejected by both the industry and the environmental community. The project Palin launched is now on hold and her successor looks for a new plan - and a new contractor to carry it out."

Fineberg notes today that if Palin's risk assessment project had been carried out effectively, recent spills and problems might have been identified and prevented.

t r u t h o u t | Insider: Palin Failed to Lead on Oil and Gas Safety in Alaska

Beginning Of The End: Palin Hijacks The Tea Party Movement
Beginning Of The End: Palin Hijacks The Tea Party Movement | Newsnet 14 (http://www.newsnet14.com/2010/02/08/beginning-of-the-end-palin-hijacks-the-tea-party-movement/comment-page-1/ - broken link)

Driven out? She followed the bucks and I don't mean moose. She quit to seek much greener pastures. The kind of green that she can put in the bank.

I will not even bother to address her being a captain of a school basketball team as that is just too ridiculous to use as a point in her favor in depicting her as a leader on any legit national level...OMG!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-10-2010 at 11:21 PM..

Old 02-10-2010, 11:28 PM

6 posts, read 9,934 times
He sure knows his 4 letter words . My grandma would have beaten me senseless if she had heard me useing such language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies