Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,819 times

Advertisements

Provided that this is an awareness project and not anything else, I'm happy about that.

It would be great if they would adopt an idea similar to sparkpeople or align with them somehow for awareness purposes.

Really, the problem goes beyond fast food and is mostly problems with sedentary lifestyle.

However, many of the elementary schools are reducing recess or doing away with it completely, so I hope she addresses that problem..

With many schools also seeing budgetary cuts due to the recession, we are also seeing many sports programs being trimmed. Perhaps this can be addresses as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 04:12 PM

109 posts, read 114,139 times
All you Obamamommy supporters would defend Laura Bush if this was *her* cause, wouldn't you? I mean, you wouldn't be hypocrites about politicians telling you how to raise your children if they were from the other side of the isle, would you??

You miss the point entirely. It's not up to her to tell parents how they should raise their kids and what they should feed them now, is it? That's what we call nannystatism.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landobutter View Post
That's what we call nannystatism.
No, nannystatism is a word that RW hate radio came up with...you're just repeating it like a good little soldier.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
OHOH they better think twice ... All the fast food joints will have to close and there won't be any jobs for a bunch of people!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM

The only "hate" I see is coming from the Upton's of the world. Keep it up if that's what works for you. Meanwhile, brighter people will understand what that means.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,699 times
Quote:
The only "hate" I see is coming from the Upton's of the world. Keep it up if that's what works for you. Meanwhile, brighter people will understand what that means.
Brighter people? Oh, you must mean the kind of person who puts people on ignore...sticking their head in the sand so to speak.

Lets see..ignore, Faux News, OxyRush....it must be easy to think your always right when you never hear the other side..

Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,339,249 times
Quote:
All you Obamamommy supporters would defend Laura Bush if this was *her* cause, wouldn't you? I mean, you wouldn't be hypocrites about politicians telling you how to raise your children if they were from the other side of the isle, would you??

You miss the point entirely. It's not up to her to tell parents how they should raise their kids and what they should feed them now, is it? That's what we call nannystatism.
This is how personal responsibility is working for our country? Maybe some "nannying" is in order. Give our children a chance for goodness sake.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Q.E.D.

If you represent the other side, then the other side is not worthy of listening to. Buh, bye.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Those kids look like they could be of Hispanic descent. I believe that's a racist photo!

Old 02-11-2010, 04:40 PM

286 posts, read 521,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
So they are going to go after the REAL cause of obesity in children which is much lower activity levels right? Not the junk food boogy man
Lower activity levels is a problem, but I'm sure the gluttonous portions the junk food 'boogy man' sells has nothing to do with it, right?

When I was a kid cokes were 6.5 ounces, how large is a 'medium' sized coke at any junk food store these days, 34 ounces?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies