Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OP, a lot of Whites are afraid of losing their "privilege". They are afraid of losing their place at the head of the table getting the first and best cut. A lot of them believe that it is their birthright to have "the best".
Oh give it a rest.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:50 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
no not racist, just noticed that a lot of white people especially on here are.... why don't you check the blog posts for yourself and than check back with me.. I guarantee you'll understand why I created this post.... one post was Would you rather be black or gay? another post was Why are there so many black teenager thugs? and than ask me if I'm racist again. Who is really the racist?
You are being racist, when you say white people are racist. You lump all people of one color in to fitting into your labeled box. I think a more important question is why are people so racist and that includes all. Yes every person will have some prejudices within them most are minor and are created by ones upbringing, or the area they live in, but in no way can you lump all one group without you yourself showing that you are one that needs to be included.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Um. Okay. So, I dislike the level of racism I see by SOME white people, too. But, you see racism among ALL people. ALL.

The reason white racism seems particularly insidious in the context of the US is because white people have always had the power, and racism from the group on top always seems more cruel and more vicious when viewed from the outside.

But have you ever looked into the history of places like Japan, with its past rife with distrust of everyone who isn't JAPANESE, let alone non-Asian? Or the ethnocentric past of the Chinese?

Do you think it's easy to be white in Sub-Saharan Africa? Or black in parts of Latin America?

Come on. People suck when it comes to being inclusive of race, but that's a sick aspect of human nature, not a race-specific attribute.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:54 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OP, a lot of Whites are afraid of losing their "privilege". They are afraid of losing their place at the head of the table getting the first and best cut. A lot of them believe that it is their birthright to have "the best".
Calipoppy, I will say that I do feel I have a brithright to allow me the opportunity to have the best, but isn't that what we should all be striving for. What kind of world would it be if alot of people felt that they should not even try to be the best and have the best, oh that's right we would have the world we are now living in.

Last edited by FutureBrennanDad; 02-10-2010 at 11:05 PM..

Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
no not racist, just noticed that a lot of white people especially on here are.... why don't you check the blog posts for yourself and than check back with me.. I guarantee you'll understand why I created this post.... one post was Would you rather be black or gay? another post was Why are there so many black teenager thugs? and than ask me if I'm racist again. Who is really the racist?
The ignorant, racists who post on CD constitute a small minority of white folks as a whole just as the gangsta rappers don't represent all black folks.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
Calipappy, I will say that I do feel I have a brithright to allow me the opportunity to have the best, but isn't that what we should all be striving for. What kind of world would it be if alot of people felt that they should not even try to be the best and have the best, oh that's right we would have the world we are now living in.
Yes. We should ALL strive for the best.

However, there are "some" who believe that they are entitled to it because they are White and that they should have more than I because I am not.

Sometimes this sense of entitlement is overt and other times it is very subtle. But it is there none the less.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
strange-- the only finger i see pointing in a face is yours in mine.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understand already too late for what? Maybe if you check you're surroundings on this site and see what people are talking about you would change your perception. How can I be racist I don't have the power to be, maybe you could say prejudice. Racism is stopping people from maintaining their way of life due to their culture background, which I can't. You can call me a racist all day .. but I believe you already know the truth...
Are you the poster called "Dreamer"? By the way, how can you take a small, subset of posters on a forum such as CD and state that their opinions represent all white folks? That's the same as folks stating that all blacks are into "gangsta rappers" just because they see them on TV.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
you're new here. sit on the sidelines and watch how the game is played before jumping in and making a fool of yourself
Probably a banned CD member from the sounds of it.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 PM

2,224 posts, read 772,226 times
Quote:
I read a number of posts on this website and noticed one thing, that a lot of the people on here are very close minded and have stereotypical views. You may say I am being stereotypical with this post, but every subject on here is about black people being thugs, sinners (due to race may I add), and comparison to being gay which is totally asinine! But I do believe that White people have an insatiable appetite to be in control of, steal from and disrespect other cultures. So answer this Whites, Blacks, Asian's , Hispanics, Middle Eastern, Multi-Racial people, are white people racist due to genetics?
You say you're not a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies