Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,410 times

Advertisements

Of all my Republican acquaintances not a single one of them raised a child that moved out or their house and onto governments assistance. On the other hand, of all my Democrat acquaintances, not single one of them raised a single child that didn't move out and onto government assistance. You might say the Democrats were poor and less educated but you'd be wrong, one of them is my business partner and makes the same thing I do and one is my brother that is far more educated than I am.
I believe the reason that a Democrat is more likely to raise a child that graduates from home and onto public assistance is as easy as teaching a child to speak English. A child hears mom and dad speak and before long they can speak too. A child hears mom and dad express endless sympathy for people that are poor, homeless and penniless and should be given money to buy food for themselves. It doesn't matter that the person might very well have just not wanted to finish school or would rather just be a pot-head than go to work.
In short, the Democratic party wants to remove all natural consequences for poor choices. That alone is enough to inspire students to drop out of school and light up a joint. What's too loose? Uncle Sam will send me a check to cover food and rent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
If you come here to Texas, it is Republicans that receive the most welfare. Oh wait, did you mean corporate or individual?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:57 PM

63 posts, read 37,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
Red States take more in Federal Government services than Blue States.
Blue States pay more in taxes to the Federal Government than Red States.
Redstates are welfare recipients dependent on the more prosperous Blue States.
Is there are an actual source for these items?

Old 11-15-2010, 05:17 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
What about corporate welfare? (subsidies)

That DWARFS social welfare.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:18 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
Quote:
Democrats were poor and less educated
Why then does Academia have so many liberals?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Just for the record - most folks on Welfare are White

Since poor women and young children are the majority of recipients on welfare, we can assume affordability was not an option they considered when having a child, but belief in anti abortion probably was. A lot of Catholics are anti abortion and more than not - most our Democratic. But there are a lot of born again Christians in America (40 percent of all Christians in America say they are born again) and they usually are Republican. So I'd say - even between Republicans and Democrats.

Interestingly, Atheists have the LEAST amount of Abortions. Most Atheists identify with Libertarian views and No Upstanding Libertarian would take Welfare Now, that would be a SIN
I'm not going to explain AGAIN how it occurs that the largest percentage of folks on welfare are black.

You also cannot assume anti-abortion belief is the cause of having a child out of wedlock. Nobody was asking about religion here at all. I do not understand why you even posted any of this.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you served our country defending it's freedom, for all your adult life, giving up friends and family, at the call of the nation. Then I would gladly pay you for your golden years, so you can make up for the lost time & sacrifice.
Agreed.

I also agree with other posters that there is no way to figure out the answer to this question. However, I would venture a guess that more Democrats are welfare recipients due to the fact that the Dems are the party of handouts, generally speaking. The welfare folks vote for the party that will help them more, even without knowing the actual facts of what each candidate stands for. Think about it. If you were dishonest enough to depend on a handout to live your life, I can't imagine that you'd take any time to do some research about the candidates before voting. It's a simple decision to these people, vote for the Dems b/c they will keep the gravy train cruising along the tracks. The Repubs actually *gasp* want to limit welfare and have people, oh, maybe earn their keep instead.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvan1 View Post
I believe the reason that a Democrat is more likely to raise a child that graduates from home and onto public assistance is as easy as teaching a child to speak English. A child hears mom and dad speak and before long they can speak too. A child hears mom and dad express endless sympathy for people that are poor, homeless and penniless and should be given money to buy food for themselves. It doesn't matter that the person might very well have just not wanted to finish school or would rather just be a pot-head than go to work.
In short, the Democratic party wants to remove all natural consequences for poor choices. That alone is enough to inspire students to drop out of school and light up a joint. What's too loose? Uncle Sam will send me a check to cover food and rent.
I don't even know if I should bother to respond to this post......

Are you really saying that because someone is a Dem that they will raise their children to be pot smoking, dropouts?
get yer boots on folks....it's getting deep in here.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:04 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,357,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I don't even know if I should bother to respond to this post......

Are you really saying that because someone is a Dem that they will raise their children to be pot smoking, dropouts?
get yer boots on folks....it's getting deep in here.
Certainly all kinds in here LMAO

Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Oh golly gees, do you even have to ask! i feel most of us already know the party of entitlement, been that way for years and will never change, It is the party of you can take, i will give, Progressive Dems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies