Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
According to a new Washington Post poll, only 37 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of Palin -- an all-time low. Meanwhile, 55 percent have an unfavorable impression of the erstwhile Alaska governor, which is an all-time high.

More to the point, Palin's refusal to rule out a run for the White House seems, at present, completely ludicrous. An astounding 71 percent of Americans do not believe that Palin is qualified to serve as president, the Post poll found. This number includes not only virtually all Democrats and two-thirds of independents but also a majority of Republicans -- 52 percent -- who believe that Palin should not be allowed anywhere near the Oval Office.
Quote:
What does Palin actually propose? I realize she might consider this a trick question, like the time that mean Katie Couric asked about what she reads. But isn't it awfully patronizing to act as if her followers are so dazzled by her very presence that they will never seek to pin her down on a single issue? The polls certainly suggest this is a serious miscalculation.

Eugene Robinson: Palin's alleged popularity refuted by Post poll » The Commercial Appeal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
She sure is popular here at CD given the amount of Palin threads over the last several months.

The people that hate her the most seem to have the hardest time letting her go.

I thought many of the Right's obsessiveness with Hillary was over the top and worn out but the Palin thing is waaay out there.

It's a really strange, if not obsessive, relationship, imo.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 AM

258 posts, read 448,128 times
She is popular with a small group of people who look and think like her.
And I use the word " think" very loosely!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
She is popular with a small group of people who look and think like her.
And I use the word " think" very loosely!
Like I was sayin'....

Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Like I was sayin'....

Sorry... Didn't mean to interrupt.............. You were saying?

Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 AM

Does the image of Ms. Palin conjure up visions of cannibalism and mass rape in the Superdome back in '05?

Old 02-12-2010, 02:26 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
She sure is popular here at CD given the amount of Palin threads over the last several months.

The people that hate her the most seem to have the hardest time letting her go.

I thought many of the Right's obsessiveness with Hillary was over the top and worn out but the Palin thing is waaay out there.

It's a really strange, if not obsessive, relationship, imo.
Hardly.

She makes a spectacle out of herself, giving the same worn out, recycled speeches. Nobody likes a loud mouthed bully, who can't back up her words. Or a hypocrite who cries about teleprompters while trying to hide her notes on her friggin hand.

Nobody is obsessed with her, they are just tired of listening to this quitters cheap slogan talk. Thankfully her poll numbers are dropping like a rock and rightfully so. I do think the people who post here represent the fringe group, just like Bush's 28% club, they will stick with her no matter how much of a loser she is. Seems appropriate once you think about it.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:46 AM

Quote:
SLCPUNK;
Nobody is obsessed with her,....
You alone have started 11 threads about her.

Quote:
....they are just tired of listening to this quitters cheap slogan talk.
Tired, huh? Then why are they still listening, still ranting and still starting anti-Palin threads?

Go figure.

Quote:
....Thankfully her poll numbers are dropping like a rock and rightfully so....
Yeah, then we'll get even more anti-Glenn Beck threads.

Thanks for nuthin'.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Does the image of Ms. Palin conjure up visions of cannibalism and mass rape in the Superdome back in '05?

What movie were you watching? That never happened.
I have neighbors who relocated to CA that were in the Superdome.
They are doing well and working at UCSF.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
A fond vision of yours, every now and then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies