Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
BS...male circumcision has proven to be not only more hygienic, but also heightens pleasure during sex..

I'm circumcised and mighty happy about it...a big THANK YOU out to my parents.
Uh, you could have had it done as a teenager or as an adult. What benefits did you get from your circumcision from the time you were born to the time you started having sex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 02:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Uh, you could have had it done as a teenager or as an adult. What benefits did you get from your circumcision from the time you were born to the time you started having sex?
It's more painful and involved when you are older. Most boys circ'd at birth never have to think about it. EVER. Most who aren't never have to think about it too much either but it's not a horrible thing that needs to be banned.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:41 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,476 times
The Jews are in the forefront of civil & minority rights movements...

It is time that their own congreggations & political orgs take a stand again GM of babies...

They can agree to do a ceremony at the 7th day of birth,mimicking circumcision,to honour the spirit of Judaism,but no actual circum.

After age 18,an adult Jew will decide for himself if he wants to follow the letter of the holy books or stay uncut...

I think the Kuran does not mandate circum,so for muslims it is even easier...

Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
All these poor mutilated men running around...I wonder why they aren't complaining?

Old 02-13-2010, 02:48 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's more painful and involved when you are older. Most boys circ'd at birth never have to think about it. EVER. Most who aren't never have to think about it too much either but it's not a horrible thing that needs to be banned.
Yes but there are studies to show that circumcising a newborn baby can be an extremely stressful experience, especially to be your first experience immediately after being born.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Another intrusion of government into a parent's decision.

While we are at it I want my umbilical cord to be left intact. No doctor should be cutting it away until I make the decision when I reach the age of 18.

In all seriousness though, if circumcision drastically slows the spread of AIDS and other STDs, I say continue to let the parents decide if the procedure is to be done.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:55 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Another intrusion of government into a parent's decision.

While we are at it I want my umbilical cord to be left intact. No doctor should be cutting it away until I make the decision when I reach the age of 18.

In all serious though, if circumcision drastically slows the spread of AIDS and other STDs, I say continue to let the parents decide if the procedure is to be done.
The point is that it's NOT the parents' decision. You are attempting to parallel things that aren't parallel. An umbilical cord falls off eventually, cutting the foreskin is a PERMANENT procedure which the child will be stuck with for his entire life.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
I agree that it shouldn't be banned, but I do think it's mostly an unnecessary procedure, especially for babies.

Regarding the pain, it's not that bad. Most adults go through things in life that are much worse than having a circumcision. Plus, it's an elective procedure for an adult. With a baby, you're subjecting him to trauma and he has no say in the matter.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:33 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,476 times
Quote:
All these poor mutilated men running around...I wonder why they aren't complaining?

Because they have a wrong kind of ego...

They should sue their parents...& the state which doesn't prohibit GM...

Old 02-13-2010, 06:23 PM

241 posts, read 251,927 times
Quote:
They are complaining. You're just not listening.

Quote:
Sure, this is fine. It's going to fall off on its own anyway.

Quote:
In all seriousness though, if circumcision drastically slows the spread of AIDS and other STDs
It doesn't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies