Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,864,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
More proof that circumcision is not only more hygienic, but helps against the spread of HIV...

Health | Experts explore ways to circumcise men in Africa | Seattle Times Newspaper
Right. When you promote having sex without a condom, they say it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
All the pro-circum commentators miss the point.
They try to say that circum is beneficial...
If so,why don't they allow their sons to decide about that after age 18 ?

Because almost NOBODY would deliberately undergo GM...

That's why the parents "get " their babies/sons when they are in a defenseless age...

That's why the state,the authorities must intervene.

Parents have no right to treat their children like pets & cause them irreparable damage......

I would also like to hear the opinion of progressive Jews & Muslims...

I' ve seen a site of "Jews against circumcision " but clearly it is a marginal & not popular effort...
Just so you know male circumcision and female genital mutilation are 2 different things done for different reasons. Males are not circumcised to stop enjoyment of sex like it is done on women!

FGM societies have many claims of why this procedure should be done and these are as follows:

1. [color=DarkRed]In most FGM societies one important belief is that this procedure will reduce a women's desire for sex and in doing so will reduce the chance of sex outside the marriage. This is vital to this society as her honor for the family is depended on her not to be opened up prior to marriage.

Older men may not be able to match their wives sex drive.

Some groups believe that if the clitoris touches a man's penis the man will die.

What is Female Genital Mutilation?

Female Genital Mutilation is the term used for removal of all or just part of the external parts of the female genitalia.

There are three varieties to this procedure.

Sunna Circumcision - consists of the removal of the prepuce(retractable fold of skin, or hood) and /or the tip of the clitoris. Sunna in Arabic means "tradition".

Clitoridectomy - consists of the removal of the entire clitoris (prepuce and glands) and the removal of the adjacent labia.

Infibulation(pharonic circumcision)-- consists of performing a clitoridectomy (removal of all or part of the labia minora, the labia majora). This is then stitched up allowing a small hole to remain open to allow for urine and menstrual blood to flow through.

In Africa 85% of FGM cases consist of Clitoridectomy and 15% of cases consist of Infibulation. In some cases only the hood is removed.

Female Genital Mutilation

Old 02-15-2010, 09:16 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
What purpose do these disgusting descriptions fit ..?

If nature, or Jehova,or Allah wanted women without clit,they should have made them that way...

Old 02-15-2010, 10:07 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
More proof that circumcision is not only more hygienic, but helps against the spread of HIV...

Health | Experts explore ways to circumcise men in Africa | Seattle Times Newspaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Right. When you promote having sex without a condom, they say it is.
The problem in Africa is that the men don't want to wear condoms, and some even believe that by having sex with a virgin, they will be cured of AIDS.

And no one anywhere is promoting having sex without a condom... if there is, please post your factual sources.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 PM

Cutting growing hair & nails has nothing to do with permanent mutilation...

Again I see the conversation going to the wrong direction...

We should not talk if circum is good or bad,but if forcibly done to minors against their will should be legal or illegal...

I say it should be illegal...

Let's talk about the legitimacy,not about the results of circum...

Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 AM

37,127 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Cutting growing hair & nails has nothing to do with permanent mutilation...

Again I see the conversation going to the wrong direction...

We should not talk if circum is good or bad,but if forcibly done to minors against their will should be legal or illegal...

I say it should be illegal...

Let's talk about the legitimacy,not about the results of circum...
If you feel strongly against it you should say it should be discouraged or at least become "not the norm". Saying it shoudl be "illegal" opens up all sorts of things you really don't want to be involved in.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:45 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Anyway for those against circumcision, I wonder if you asked guys that are circumcised that they regret that. Anyway I am circumcised since birth and not one point in my life I have regreted having it done.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:20 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times
What is it with Liberals (like Mass is full of) always trying to tell people what they can and can't do with their bodies.

You want to mutilate yourself... go for it... it is a CHOICE

Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 AM

Other 99,u don't know what u r missing...

I regret it on your behalf...

Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Anyway for those against circumcision, I wonder if you asked guys that are circumcised that they regret that. Anyway I am circumcised since birth and not one point in my life I have regreted having it done.
Never met a guy that regretted having it done and met many women that regretted that the guy they just met didn't have it done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies