Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 01:07 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times

Advertisements

Usually the ones against a certain interracial couple have had somebody they were dating or married to stolen away by someone of that race, or something along those lines and now they harbor a grudge. There's always some deep rooted reason.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:28 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No

I think that some guy said that people should be judged by the content of thier character and not the color of thier skin. It sounds like good advice and sound logic. I would rather have my daugher marry a good black man than a bad white man. The color is irrelevent- only the content of character.
That was in the Street Sweeper speech if I rememebr correctly. But he wasn't talking about interacial relationships, so stop mis-quoting MLK for your argument.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I feel the same. And I dearly love the good black man my daughter married and his family dearly loves the good white woman he married....and we all dearly love the wonderful 25 year old bi-racial grandson they have given us. And after all these years....as they both near the age where they will soon be retiring from the Army after more than 30 years of service they have each given....I am so happy that they will have their best friend...each other....with whom they can enjoy their retirement years.

Should we be impressed by your position on this like you are ours ?

We have the right to think what is best for society as you do . If one of my grandkids marries a different race guess I'd have to accept the inocent child but i wouldn't have to agree with the decision .

Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I personally know an interracial couple. They have been married for 11 years and are very devoted and in love with each other. They treat each other and others around them with respect. Two of the kindest people I know.

I also know bitter, cynical white / straight race couples who are dysfunctional and treat each other like ****.

I suspect that the people on here who post bitterly against something that ultimately boils down to skin color and appearance are much less understanding of real love and healthy relationships than my two friends, one who happens to be white and the other who happens to be black.

Your not talking about people on here , just white people on here .

But I can tell you that there are millions of black women here who don't like being rejected by their own race for another one .

Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
It's 2010 people, and times have changed; I must admit, but does an interracial relationship still ring "TABOO" and in our minds. I know sometimes I'll see an interracial couple and I feel like they're looking at me to see if I disapprove, or is it just in my head?. I have no problem with interracial relationships, but I'm curious if most of the public still does have a problem. So I want to know people of City-Data, how do you feel? Please let me see your opinions.. White men with Black Women, Black Men with White Women. Asian Men with White Women/vice versa.. Hispanic Men and Black Women ... you get my point.. let me know how you feel?
Only if it's you. Please don't procreate.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:59 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

But I can tell you that there are millions of black women here who don't like being rejected by their own race for another one .
I'm not talking about any people on here. I'm talking about real people I know in real life. My point is that there are very decent people of all races, and there is nothing wrong if they fall in love and have a relationship together. The people who have a problem with it are generally racists who just have this irrational problem with non-white people.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:05 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
My first husband was from Honduras. I am white. So, no I don't have a problem with it.

However, I would caution anyone thinking about to think long and hard.

The cultural difference is very hard to deal with.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I'm not talking about any people on here. I'm talking about real people I know in real life. My point is that there are very decent people of all races, and there is nothing wrong if they fall in love and have a relationship together. The people who have a problem with it are generally racists who just have this irrational problem with non-white people.

Unlike most who call others racist , I have helped the fight for equal rights , preserving a rce is not being racist, neither is being proud of who and what you are includign but , not limited to race .

I like familiarity and very proud of my ancesters . I also will fight to stop abuse of other races . Or I did , I'm too old to fight anymore or too tired .

Old 05-29-2010, 11:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
I love seeing mixed-race couples, the more I see the more I feel it is a good, liberal place to live.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:30 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

And there are millions of black women that don't care if they are rejected by black men, because they would rather be with a white man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies