U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM

5,446 posts, read 3,122,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
It's 2010 people, and times have changed; I must admit, but does an interracial relationship still ring "TABOO" and in our minds. I know sometimes I'll see an interracial couple and I feel like they're looking at me to see if I disapprove, or is it just in my head?. I have no problem with interracial relationships, but I'm curious if most of the public still does have a problem. So I want to know people of City-Data, how do you feel? Please let me see your opinions.. White men with Black Women, Black Men with White Women. Asian Men with White Women/vice versa.. Hispanic Men and Black Women ... you get my point.. let me know how you feel?

I would strongly suggest you get a life
my daughter is married to a man of a different race and I love him as my own son
please do not put me in your TABOO ring~
good grief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:04 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,846,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Judging from some posts it seems necessary to point out nobody is urging anyone to enter an interracial relationship, that would be absurd.

If I am not mistaken this thread is merely about dealing with interracial couples when you see them or have to do with them for whatever reason, just like some people have a problem seeing gay couples.
People should do whatever they are cool with. Some people, at first glance, think my wife is black because she is west indian.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

644 posts, read 690,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
The way I look at it, the only reason I could think of why a person would oppose interracial marriage is because of hate.
That is total ignorance on your part pirate.
I don't hate them. Most of what I see are fat ugly trailer trash blondes with Black babies. No loss to the white race there.

Differences between the races is much more than skin deep.
They developed their different racial characteristics because they were seaprate. Each race developed special talents needed for survial.
Each race developed its own temeperament.
Each developed its own way of living and view of the world.

DNA tests can show which race bone or tissue came from.
There are differences in bone structure.
There are differences in skin structure.
The negroid races are the only ones to have kinky hair. It is the only mamalian hair that does Not have a core.
The white races are the only ones to have Blue Eyes.

If the races continue to interbreed they will lose most of their special talents. Superior Athletes will become a note in the history of sports.
Only the Chinese and the Jews will remain. The Jews will never mix. They will rule over the new mud race - as they have planned. And as they must, as the dark races are notorious for lack of governing skills. This new mud race will be somewhat of a slave class. They will never rebell against their rulers, because they have not the necessary organizing skill. Few if any will rise economicly to the status of our Middle class.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 PM

4,061 posts, read 1,973,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
I don't hate them. Most of what I see are fat ugly trailer trash blondes with Black babies. No loss to the white race there.

They developed their different racial characteristics because they were seaprate. Each race developed special talents needed for survial.

The negroid races are the only ones to have kinky hair. It is the only mamalian hair that does Not have a core.

If the races continue to interbreed they will lose most of their special talents. Superior Athletes will become a note in the history of sports.
Only the Chinese and the Jews will remain. The Jews will never mix. They will rule over the new mud race - as they have planned. And as they must, as the dark races are notorious for lack of governing skills. This new mud race will be somewhat of a slave class. They will never rebell against their rulers, because they have not the necessary organizing skill. Few if any will rise economicly to the status of our Middle class.

Holly Jesus!!!!! He's possessed by a gang of ignorant Demons.........somebody pass the holy water!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,846,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

Holly Jesus!!!!! He's possessed by a gang of ignorant Demons.........somebody pass the holy water!!!!!
What the hell?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 PM

314 posts, read 237,420 times
dont be silly there are are so many different race,s dateing. we all have thoughts and feelings the only differents is our race.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM

1,179 posts, read 425,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post

If there ever was an argument to go to school and get an education it would be this thread, and more specifically this post.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 AM

3,931 posts, read 1,955,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
A)This is why I wouldn't discriminate. If a person is applying for a job and has the qualifications necessary, why shouldn't I hire that person? Why should that person's race be an issue? if he or she can do the work and has the qualifications necessary, why not let that person work? I look at also from the perspective of someone who does belong to a historically oppressed minority. I ask "How does it help me if someone denies me a job because of my skin color? If I am being denied a job, I can't work, I can't make money, it will be tougher for me to survive." That is how I would look at the situation. That person might need the job and I will have a person good enough for the job that in the long run, I make money too. That is just one example of why I wouldn't discriminate. In this nation's history, racial discrimination has been about denying people opportunities because of their race, therefore, their lives end up harder.
B)Well, I won't lie to you, anyone who thinks racial discrimination is okay, I think of those persons in a less than nice view. It is those persons I am afraid of. The USA I am living in today is because people from my grandfather's generation stood up and fought to have better things, so no one would have to put up with racial discrimination, so when someone feels like it should be okay to discriminate, naturally, I will be upset. I look back on the times when that kind of stuff was legal and how hard life was back in those days and then I think about my life now and what I have.
C) I don't call anyone names either.
A) The point is, if two applicants had the exact same qualifications. Then you have to make a conscious decision of which person you would rather hire. How do you make that decision? Do you just randomly choose one of the two? Or are there other criteria? Should race be one of the other criteria?

People who are opposed to racial discrimination would believe that race should never been any part of the decision-making process. And gay people think that their orientation shouldn't be part of the process. Women think it shouldn't be part of the process. The young don't think age should be part of the process. Etc, etc, etc.

But should it be part of the process? Well I think its funny how everyone attacks private businesses for running seggregated businesses. But who is really to blame? Is it the businesses fault or is it the customers fault?

Businesses always try to sell what its customers want, if they didn't, they wouldn't be in business. If your customers are 99% black, then I don't see anything wrong with having even 100% black employees. Who cares? No one cares. But if the shoe was on the other foot, then it is common to believe that we must force these white racists to hire people of other "races"(or whatever else) because it is unfair(blah blah blah). Which I find is just a stupid policy.

If you had a very religious staff, be it jews, muslims, christians, etc. By bringing in a homosexual into that workplace, you are not fostering a good work environment for anyone. Sure the gay guy will insist that other people should be tolerant of his lifestyle(and maybe they should). But do you really think it would be a wise decision for the employer to make?

The same can be said for the customers. If you're in the business of selling bibles, do you really want your sales staff to be a bunch of gay guys? Think that is going to work?

When it comes to race, businesses should be free to decide what is good for their businesses for whatever reason. If they are discriminating for bad reasons, then they are only hurting themselves.

But you also need to realize why there are so many stereotypes of different groups of people. And stereotypes are not just made up, they are caused by trends in population groups. Whites in America have no vested interest in placing Asians above Africans. They have no reason to talk well about Asians and poorly about blacks. I know plenty of racist people who don't like anyone else at all. But how many negative stereotypes do you really know about Asians? I really can't think of any. Most people think they are smart, especially good at math. And they excel in the technology fields.

White racists don't like anyone. They don't like Arabs, they don't like blacks, they don't like natives/hispanics, they don't like Asians. So how can it be possible that nearly all of these racist white organizations consistently will admit that Asians tend to be more intelligent than whites? They will admit that Asians tend to commit less crime. Whites inter-marry with Asians far more than any other "race". Do you really think it is some sort of White/Asian conspiracy to keep the black man down?

It is just the way the world is. The world is not fair, it is not equal, and it never will be. If you believe in some fairytale world where we are all truly equal. Then pinch yourself and try to wake up to reality. Equality doesn't exist and it cannot exist, because people are not perfect. And until we are all perfect, then the people who don't discriminate by whatever factors that may be important for whatever reason in their decision(including race/sex/religion/etc), are just fools.

YouTube - "We're Created Equal" - Autism Public Serivce Announcement

I feel really bad for those kids, but what can I do about it? Are they really equal to other children? I actually wish for a world of equality, I wish for a world without poverty, without war, without hate, without disease. I don't dislike homosexuals, but I wish everyone was just born straight(and I understand the genetic connection of homosexuality). I don't want anyone to be above or below me. I wish your work ethic was the primary determinant for everything. I wish the word "talent" would just disappear, because everyone would just be equally talented. I don't want to hate anyone, but I still have to live in this ****ed up world of unfairness, and it does me no good to close my eyes to the facts, as much as I hate them.

B) You are obviously free to have your opinions. I agree with the civil rights act prohibiting government(and other public entities) from discriminating based on race. But I think the whole situation has created a victimhood mentality that has created such a long list of double-standards when it comes to race, that has actually hurt us and not helped us.

I don't know exactly how hard life was "back then" for blacks. I am sure it was difficult for many blacks in 1960, just as it is difficult for many blacks in 2010. It is true that the gap between black and white incomes has narrowed since 1960(Black men made about 53% as much as a whites in 1960 and they now make about 72% as much as whites in 2004). But the gap between black and white incomes narrowed a hell of a lot more between 1865 and 1960 than it has since then(sharecropping?). Today the average white man still makes almost $9,000 more a year than the average black man. What are you going to do about it? What more is there to do? Pass more laws? More affirmative-action? More regulation of private businesses? Make it illegal for private individuals to discriminate or be racist at all? Require all Americans have friends of other races?

The truth is, it doesn't even matter. Happiness has no correlation with wealth. Believe it or not, blacks in America tend to be much happier than whites in America. Even the poor blacks tend to be much happier than those middle and upper-middle class whites that they resent so much . The most unhappy areas of this country tend to be the whitest states, like West Virginia and the pacific Northwest.

You are just looking at life the wrong way. The object of life isn't to be rich, it is to be happy. Because all of the wealth in the world does not make life worth living.

Let people be free, and not just the ones you agree with. Or maybe, especially the ones you disagree with.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-03-2010 at 03:08 AM..

Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 AM

371 posts, read 265,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I have no idea wtf you just said. Does that make sense to anyone else?

You just said demographics are different where there is diversity? Do you even know what the word "demographics" means? That whole line seems absolutely unnecessary
Did I sound like I was attacking you?

I was trying to say crime is higher where there is big populations "statistically" irregardless of diversity.

Quote:
Secondly, if people don't feel accepted here, why do they even come? Why should we be forced to accept people that we dislike/disagree with to come live next door? Should an orthodox jew and radical muslim really like next to each other? Is that really a good idea?

Lets pretend you had a housing developement that was 90% jews and someone moved. Should the seller be forced to allow a muslim to buy the house by the government? Do you really think thats a good idea? Do you think that will foster some sort of magical acceptance out of the two groups? Or do you think that will just **** a lot of people off and make them feel uncomfortable?
People come for the opportunity to build a better life than where they were previously. I never said you or anyone else should be forced to accept anyone. Quit listening to your ego and listen to your brain.

Quote:
This general attitude is why our streets and communities have become so divided. A great deal of the people in this country don't even know their neighbors. This is especially true in areas of the greatest diversity. Diversity is driving us apart not together. Can you not open your eyes and see that?
I never said we were "there" yet. Again your ego is getting the best of you.

Quote:
I don't know what kind of bull**** liberal radio you listen to to get your information on the subject. But they could make anything up they wanted to, it doesn't make it the truth.
Again your ego talking here. You just can't have a conversation can you?

Quote:
Did you know there were more black/white marriages before the civil rights movement than there are today? Did you know that schools are more segregated today than they were before the civil rights movement
Do you really believe this?

Quote:
There are absolutely no benefits to diversity at all. Anyone with a brain and two eyes to see can understand it.

Stalking the Wild Taboo - Jared Taylor - The Myth of Diversity

That doesn't mean that we should prohibit diversity, it just means we need to have a rational outlook on diversity. We need to drop the policy of shoving diversity down everyones throats. If diversity is a good thing, it will just happen on its own.

Here is my favorite line from that article.

"If diversity were a strength people would practice it spontaneously. It wouldn't require constant cheer-leading or expensive lawsuits. If diversity were enriching, people would seek it out. It is in private gatherings not governed by some kind of "civil-rights" law that Americans show just how much strength and enrichment they find in diversity. Such gatherings are usually the very opposite of diverse.".
I look at diversity like music and am glad we aren't all listening to the "same song". I am not an advocate for cross breeding with purpose, however I believe we have something to learn from a more diverse society. Words like compassion,perspective,understanding come to mind. I never once pushed my views on you but your ego is obviously too big to process that!

Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 AM

3,931 posts, read 1,955,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Did I sound like I was attacking you?

I was trying to say crime is higher where there is big populations "statistically" irregardless of diversity.
Yes and no. New York city has a much higher population than say Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, etc. But New York city has a very low crime rate in comparison to those cities.

San Jose is a relatively large city and its overall crime rate is extremely low. Much lower than the majority of small and medium-sized cities across this country.

There are certain areas of all of the above-mentioned cities where crime tends to be high, these areas are generally the more diverse areas of these cities. These areas are normally the poorer areas of the cities and of course, there is a high correlation of low income and high crime. So depending on your political perspective, you could make the case that crime is related to diversity, or that crime is related to poverty. Both would be true.

Quote:
People come for the opportunity to build a better life than where they were previously. I never said you or anyone else should be forced to accept anyone. Quit listening to your ego and listen to your brain.
I already know why they come to this country. The question is, if they come to this country and are unhappy when they get here to the point that they want to so badly change this country once they get here. Then why do they really come here at all? If things are soo bad here, and people are soo intolerant here, then why do they come? Obviously despite the shortcomings it is still better here than where they come from.

I do not feel that it is my responsibility to allow these people to come into my country at all in the first place. I don't believe these people are entitled to live here just because our country has been more productive than theirs(whereby giving more opportunities). If we allow people to come into this country, it should be on the belief that they will help make this country better, and that we will all benefit from them coming here.

If it is your belief that we should allow everyone to come into this country just because they believe they will have a better life here, why do we have immigration policies at all? Why don't we just throw our borders open and let everyone who wants to come here, come here(at least, as long as they aren't terrorists or other threats).

I bet most of Africa and Central America will be living here in no time.

Quote:
I never said we were "there" yet. Again your ego is getting the best of you.
When are we going to get there exactly? When is it going to happen exactly? 2015? 2030? 2050? 2100? It has been 45 years since the Civil Rights act, yet I hear the issue of race brought up daily.

If statistics show that this country is more segregated today that it was in 1965. Then how much longer do you think its going to take?

Quote:
Do you really believe this?
Why wouldn't I? Unless I was willfully and blissfully ignorant like some other posters **cough cough**.

2. US Schools are More Segregated Today than in the 1950s | Project Censored

As for interracial marriages, I did some more research on the matter and overall you are right. Black/white interracial marriages have risen since the Civil rights movement. Although, from 1940 till 1980 the number of black/white marriages actually declined.

http://www.economics.harvard.edu/fac...endix_figs.pdf

I am not sure where I saw the statistics before, but I must have just glanced over them.

Quote:
I look at diversity like music and am glad we aren't all listening to the "same song". I am not an advocate for cross breeding with purpose, however I believe we have something to learn from a more diverse society. Words like compassion,perspective,understanding come to mind. I never once pushed my views on you but your ego is obviously too big to process that!
Its silly to believe that compassion, understanding, or tolerance comes from diversity. In fact, in the absence of diversity there would be no need for tolerance of diversity to begin with(theres no need for people to be tolerant of little green people, because there are no little green people). In truth, the most tolerant areas of the country tend to actually be the least diverse not the other way around. The North in the civil war had practically zero diversity. The many countries in Europe that have led a wave of tolerance ever since the end of WWII, have had almost no diversity until recently. And now there are huge shifts away from the immigration policies that have led to this recent "enrichment" by diversity.

Secondly, from my perspective, diversity has hardly led to more tolerance to begin with. Our society is more polarized today than it has been since the civil rights movement and the Vietnam war, and a great deal of it is because of race issues(like immigration, welfare, schools, foreign policy). And the Vietnam war had a heavy race component.

Lastly, I would agree that diversity is sort of like music in that sense, that it divides people. You have your rockers, your rappers, your country lovers, ravers, etc etc. Each of these groups have their own bars/clubs. They have their own culture, their own way of dressing, and practically their own language. These people rarely interact with people from the other groups because they don't necessarily share the same view of the world or other interests.

There are some people who adhere strictly to one group or another, and there are many people who tend to have no musical preference.

Having multiple genres of music could actually be considered as a wedge that divides us. But is that a bad thing or a good thing?

It really doesn't have to be either. If people want to like rap and nothing else, more power to them. If people want to like rock and nothing else, more power to them. They are free to make their own decisions.

Where I get angry, is when people like yourself come along and believe there is something about one type of music or another that you disagree with. So either you want to pass laws to prohibit it or regulate it.

If people want to have interracial marriages(rap music), more power to them. If people don't want to have interracial marriages(rock music), more power to them. If someone wants to be a racist(country music), I could care less. But the government needs to mind its own ****ing business. You get it?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-03-2010 at 06:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies