Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times

Advertisements

Telling or repeating falshoods will not cure the drought of truth. Telling the truth will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 AM

Paying down personal debt will provide more borrowing power. Say 40% of GDP worth of pay down. That will get the economy going.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Telling or repeating falshoods will not cure the drought of truth. Telling the truth will.

If he tells your truth, will you increase his credibility limit?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
If he tells your truth, will you increase his credibility limit?
Nope if he looks with his own eyes and says what he sees with them then he will be more credible.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
GuyNTexas,

Have you ever read 1984? One of the tricks that they employed was to run the opposition party themselves. Now saying something that is patently false will undermine your credibility. Saying that building one and two were drought down by controlled demolition is patently false. Drop this and your credibility will go way up.
Yes I have. And one of the other, more famous tricks is to convince people that ignorance equalled strength ... that slavery equalled freedom. Then, there was the daily activities of rewriting the news and republishing on a daily basis to show how Big Brother was ALWAYS right, and you could AWALYS trust what big brother told you.

As for my credibility ... in who's eyes are you referring ... you? I don't seek nor do I need your endorsement or validation. And the only thing that is patently false is that plane damage and resulting fires disintegrated 70 and 90 floors of structural steel and concrete, causing those buildings to drop at free fall speed.

That, Winston, is seeing 5 fingers, when there are only 4.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,373 times
Thank-you for posting the Patriot Act information. I was just wondering--there has been alot of information presented here. Just wanted to know how quick this came into play after 9-11. In order to look at the whole picture myself, I felt this was important to know.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
are you that f'ing confused?
Are you?

Quote:
I believe the evidence, not the people, and I've taken considerable time...
Ok, then why say this:
Quote:
You can ask yourself why all of the firefighters talk about bombs going off ... you can ask why all of the cops are talking about secondary devices found ... cops ... rescue workers ... reporters ... average Joes on the street ... all of them hallucinating? All of them conspiracy theorists making it up on the spot, while the events are unfolding?
You believe the evidence, right? Not the people? Then why use them as evidence to support your theory?

If you're going to do that - which you did - then you have to also address those that were also there, and are also cops, firefighters, average Joes, etc., and don't support your theory. You can't have it both ways, and this is all I've been asking of you and ergo all along.

Neither of you have given a direct answer to such a simple question...

Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Are you?

Ok, then why say this:

You believe the evidence, right? Not the people? Then why use them as evidence to support your theory?

If you're going to do that - which you did - then you have to also address those that were also there, and are also cops, firefighters, average Joes, etc., and don't support your theory. You can't have it both ways, and this is all I've been asking of you and ergo all along.

Neither of you have given a direct answer to such a simple question...

YouTube - Shoo Fly Don't Bother Me

Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I love all the "shoo fly" crap that ergo keeps posting. Any time anybody posts something that he's incapable of addressing, he posts some "shoo fly" nonsense. Every time he does it, he weakens his position, and that of those supporting the same theory.

Keep up the good work, ergo!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
And the only thing that is patently false is that plane damage and resulting fires disintegrated 70 and 90 floors of structural steel and concrete, causing those buildings to drop at free fall speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYHPGdIzueA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOd1XB943o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bavn4T26jcw&feature=related

What I see when I watch this video is The outer steal columns buckling inwards. This starts about at 11 seconds in. The buckling happens at the point of fire and impact damage. The outer shell of the upper part of the building is sliding down inside of the outer shell of the lower part of the building. This looks to me like a piston inside of a cylinder. Where would the air inside of the cylinder go? Out the windows? What I see is the distance between the point of impact and the roof getting shorter as the collapse progresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_GpPdgAGwk&feature=related

Take a look at about 1:13 forwards.

Have you ever stood on a pop can that was empty and touched the sides? How much does the pop can slow your fall?

The collapse progresses up the top part of the building even as the top part moves down. Just like a pop can write large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies