Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 PM

88,002 posts, read 83,827,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes, and I don't think those protocols include leaving the President sitting alone in a classroom full of kids for 10 minutes or more while they figure out what to do. The instant a threat is perceived, the president is surrounded by SS, and relocated to a secure location ... in this case, probably the bullet proof, bomb proof presidential limousine as the motorcade prepares for an abrupt departure from his WELL ADVERTISED location.

The lengths you all will go to create scenarios and explain the inexplicable is astounding ... and has little to do with "common sense".
You've got to be kidding. I am beginning to suspect you are about twelve years old. All you do is post YouTube videos and call people names. I realize that you truly believe that I am creating scenarios.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-26-2010 at 12:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I don't need to respond to this. Every one else did a better job than I ever could. And yet you still don't get it. I'm with the person that I read that said your dense.

Go back to Propaganda Matrix web site as you'll love that web site. It has everything in it. They, like you, try so hard to prove this stuff, that they disprove it! all at the same time. They also have a forum with new photos just released. They are good ones too. Do a click through, it's a fun web site.

As for as the digital TV, that came from the matrix web site. I put my comment in italics because I don't believe that crap. I don't believe it because of the infrared satellite system.

The thought police; the TV watching, those ideas come from the book 1984, which again I will tell you in the beginning of the book I got from the library to read and was reading it until, I thumbed back through to the front, where I found chronological order of his life's events. He wrote the book while he was in a hospital for the insane, okay. That's when I couldn't read it any more cause I understood--the author was off his meds! All of it made sense to me in a messed up sort of way, so I lost interest in the story. When people use him for a reference, I usually just shake my head. And they do it, this is an Orwellian. ooohhhhh

As for as Patriot Act, yes I believe they had spent time writing that up long before 9/11. I can see 'em doing it in case it is ever needed. What I don't see is any one reading it and seeing for themselves what's in it.

I also see the Pew Report Survey that polled people that said they were willing to 'give up' some of their rights for safety concerns. So the vote was in on that one and the real government which is us, spoke up!

Here's the real part that cracks me up though. You'd try to have us believe they are picking off their voters one by one. lol

Without us, the voters, to put them in office, what job are they going to do? lol They kill us, there goes their job security.

My comments on Bush's reaction came from---irrational thought process, preceding rational. That's me! Some times I can stay irrational for days, before the thought train tracks to rational...but I do get there! Others it must linger longer....that be you.

Bush was in shock and that shock was followed by anger and when a Texan gets angry, what do they do Tex? Offer up sweet tea? Or do they go get their sawed off and commence to put a stop to the tom foolery.

And that is why I say, we are in this war that many people do not support and they don't want to be in. There was a Texan in the Whitehouse.
In addition to your comments about "1984", I can see something else. In the late 70's and early 80's Robert Ludlum's books were all the rage. We passed them around the office. He was a former voiceover actor who wrote such detailed books about CIA activities that he was accused of having been a real CIA agent. The only story of his that this generation is really familiar with is The Bourne Identity, but a number of his stories dealt with the secret shadow government who was really pulling the strings behind every little event that happened. This theme since morphed into a common factor behind TV shows and movies for the next couple of decades. It works because a) most people don't trust the government because of actual acts they have committed, and b) it's not unreality that wealthy interests have an influence over the decisions of those in power. There's always an element of truth in good fiction!

The problem is that a lot of people have difficulty distinguishing between what is real and what is fictitious. The main theme behind the die-hard truthers is the belief that the government is all-powerful, all-controlling, and capable of pulling off Ludlum-like operations. To make this game work, of course, you also have to believe that everyone else but a select special group is blind, sheeplike and believes what the government says without question.

(Tell me, have you ever actually met anyone in real life who believes what the government says without question? I have not.)

This thought process has now developed into a cult. You can no sooner persuade a "GuyFromTexas" type that their perception is not reality than you can persuade a Baptist that Transubstantiation is real or a Catholic that the Bible is the sole source of Christian dogma.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
People actually fell for the good-ole-boy from Texas act? That's funny. GWB is pure East-Coast elite thru-and-thru, he only bought the Crawford prop ranch when it became apparent that he'd be a candidate.

Anyway, Rolling Stone had the ultimate write-up on Conspiracy Theorists and why they have had to increasingly divorce themselves from reality - here's a small snippet of the necessary planning session:

BUSH: ... But I've got a question. Why do we need to crash planes into the Towers at all? Since everyone knows terrorists already tried to blow up that building complex from the ground up once, why don't we just blow it up like we plan to anyway, and blame the bombs on the terrorists?

RUMSFELD: Mr. President, you don't understand. It's much better to sneak into the buildings ourselves in the days before the attacks, plant the bombs and then make it look like it was exploding planes that brought the buildings down. That way, we involve more people in the plot, stand a much greater chance of being exposed and needlessly complicate everything!

The entire thing can be found here, worth a read: THE LOW POST: The Hopeless Stupidity of 9/11 Conspiracies : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/11818067/the_low_post_the_hopeless_stupidity_of_911_conspir acies/2 - broken link)
When that article was first published, I forwarded it to a die-hard truther. His response was that Rolling Stone is owned by the same mega-publishers who are the puppets of the goverment, so he was dismissing it. I suppose it will receive the same reception by the True Believers on here.

The government apparently also employs and controls a whole host of writers and editors whose sole purpose is to invent tens of thousands of fake articles for hundreds of publications.

Geez, no wonder our taxes are so high!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:47 PM

32,817 posts, read 19,355,726 times
I bet Guyfromtexas thinks the wizard of oz is real...you know watch out for the guy behind the curtain pulling the strings

something to think about

does explosives, or 'thermite/mate' ..like fire?????????

Number one reason wtc could NOT have been a controled demo....the planes and the fire, and the impact............
.....but the twoofers will never wake up to realize that

Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM

32,817 posts, read 19,355,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
When that article was first published, I forwarded it to a die-hard truther. His response was that Rolling Stone is owned by the same mega-publishers who are the puppets of the goverment, so he was dismissing it. I suppose it will receive the same reception by the True Believers on here.

The government apparently also employs and controls a whole host of writers and editors whose sole purpose is to invent tens of thousands of fake articles for hundreds of publications.

Geez, no wonder our taxes are so high!
you mean THE rolling stone mag...that HATES bush....I'm SURE they would go to all means to defend bush.....and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya

Old 02-26-2010, 01:23 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,702,128 times
What happened at pear harbor is a good example of the president manipulating international politics to get us into a war. FDR cut oil and scrap shipments to Japan (at the time we were the worlds largest oil exporter). He moved the pacific fleet from San Diego to pearl. The person he offered the job of commander in chief of the pacific fleet turned down the job because he figured (correctly) that the fleet would be attacked at pearl harbor. So you can infer that FDR had been made aware that the likely action of the Japanese was to attack the fleet. FDR really wanted to get us into WWII. The political situation at home tho was strongly isolationistic. So he needed to move public opinion. Well pearl harbor did just that. There was absolutely no collusion between FDR and the Japanese. They did what he wanted (getting us into WWII) all on there own. FDR gave them no choice but to back down and eat humble pie, (loose face) or go to war. The parallels between Pearl harbor and 9/11 run deep. From day one in office Gorge W was get tough on Iraq. It was WMD this and WMD that. The decision had already been made to go in. He was just looking for an excuse. The priority for anti terrorism had been down graded. Leads were not followed up on. And well this is what I'd call willful ignorance. Choosing not to do your job because you want what will happen if you don't. Some food for thought.

The dude from Texas that keeps going on about how the buildings couldn't have come down like they did is drawing attention away from the real issue. What (then) POTUS didn't do that he needed to have done. He didn't stop it from happening!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 02:25 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,464,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
People actually fell for the good-ole-boy from Texas act? That's funny. GWB is pure East-Coast elite thru-and-thru, he only bought the Crawford prop ranch when it became apparent that he'd be a candidate.

Anyway, Rolling Stone had the ultimate write-up on Conspiracy Theorists and why they have had to increasingly divorce themselves from reality - here's a small snippet of the necessary planning session:

BUSH: ... But I've got a question. Why do we need to crash planes into the Towers at all? Since everyone knows terrorists already tried to blow up that building complex from the ground up once, why don't we just blow it up like we plan to anyway, and blame the bombs on the terrorists?

RUMSFELD: Mr. President, you don't understand. It's much better to sneak into the buildings ourselves in the days before the attacks, plant the bombs and then make it look like it was exploding planes that brought the buildings down. That way, we involve more people in the plot, stand a much greater chance of being exposed and needlessly complicate everything!

The entire thing can be found here, worth a read: THE LOW POST: The Hopeless Stupidity of 9/11 Conspiracies : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/11818067/the_low_post_the_hopeless_stupidity_of_911_conspir acies/2 - broken link)
Actually Dane, me falling for Pres Bush, not really. There is something about him that I really didn't take to. Also, I'm not a follower of the whose who crowd in government or entertainment either...so most times I'm in the dark as to who they are, where they hail from. When he was elected into office the first time around, I had made new friends who began through email systematically sucking me into the politics and the people of politics. Before that, I got nothing, really. Also, since Obama's presidency I've been more inclined to go back to the not knowing. I have too much going on in my personal life that adding to it, that's a no.

Something was said about 1993 and at that time I was in college, going through a divorce and beginning a life as a single mom. So much of current events, I wasn't even aware of....with that said.

Love the link to the rolling stones. lol that's a good one. Remote control planes?? See I've heard that it was all a hollywood stunt and there were no planes used. Good to know the CTs have revised their story.

I do believe there were cover ups in the days that followed. I believe those doing their jobs, covered up the inefficiencies of their actions.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:40 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,464,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
In addition to your comments about "1984", I can see something else. In the late 70's and early 80's Robert Ludlum's books were all the rage. We passed them around the office. He was a former voiceover actor who wrote such detailed books about CIA activities that he was accused of having been a real CIA agent. The only story of his that this generation is really familiar with is The Bourne Identity, but a number of his stories dealt with the secret shadow government who was really pulling the strings behind every little event that happened. This theme since morphed into a common factor behind TV shows and movies for the next couple of decades. It works because a) most people don't trust the government because of actual acts they have committed, and b) it's not unreality that wealthy interests have an influence over the decisions of those in power. There's always an element of truth in good fiction!

The problem is that a lot of people have difficulty distinguishing between what is real and what is fictitious. The main theme behind the die-hard truthers is the belief that the government is all-powerful, all-controlling, and capable of pulling off Ludlum-like operations. To make this game work, of course, you also have to believe that everyone else but a select special group is blind, sheeplike and believes what the government says without question.

(Tell me, have you ever actually met anyone in real life who believes what the government says without question? I have not.)

This thought process has now developed into a cult. You can no sooner persuade a "GuyFromTexas" type that their perception is not reality than you can persuade a Baptist that Transubstantiation is real or a Catholic that the Bible is the sole source of Christian dogma.
You didn't know you were talking to a person that was raised by a stiff necked Baptist grandmother. lol I got your point! wow

First off I do want to say that I am proud you got out. I've been wanting to tell you that for many page of postings back.

I won't forget my time table of events that happened for me that day, but I will spare any one the details of it. I will say that I left for work earlier than I normally would and upon hearing on the radio and always listening to a morning entertainment group, I really thought the first broadcast of it was a bad joke; that some one would get into trouble for doing by the FCC. As it turned out, it was no joke.

I'm not familiar with Ludlum's books. (I just don't get out much) However, I am very familiar with Bourne.

I do know what you are saying too about truth and fiction, because I've also heard said and I understand, with every lie, there is a bit of truth. It is that reality that will suck people in every time.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you mean THE rolling stone mag...that HATES bush....I'm SURE they would go to all means to defend bush.....and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya
No no no, you don't get it. Rolling Stone PRETENDS to hate Bush so that we will believe what it says. It's all part of the cover so we don't realize that they are really controlled by Bush and his cronies. See? SEE??

Old 02-26-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You didn't know you were talking to a person that was raised by a stiff necked Baptist grandmother. lol I got your point! wow

First off I do want to say that I am proud you got out. I've been wanting to tell you that for many page of postings back.

I won't forget my time table of events that happened for me that day, but I will spare any one the details of it. I will say that I left for work earlier than I normally would and upon hearing on the radio and always listening to a morning entertainment group, I really thought the first broadcast of it was a bad joke; that some one would get into trouble for doing by the FCC. As it turned out, it was no joke.

I'm not familiar with Ludlum's books. (I just don't get out much) However, I am very familiar with Bourne.

I do know what you are saying too about truth and fiction, because I've also heard said and I understand, with every lie, there is a bit of truth. It is that reality that will suck people in every time.
Thanks, but running like hell is nothing to be particularly proud of. I just knew immediately that this was MUCH WORSE than '93. My coworker was yelling that we were going to die and I thought it might be a real possibility because the building felt as though it was going over sideways and smoke and fire was blasting out of a nearby elevator, but figured if I was gonna die I would die running. Also, she was younger than me, so the having-to-take-care-of-somebody-else instinct kicked in, which helped.

Ludlum's books were good stories. However, they are a bit dated now because the technology of the 70's and 80's isn't what it is now. The Bourne Identity movies are updated for today's audience.

I loved that stuff. When I was a kid I wanted to be the girl on the Impossible Mission Force.

That's funny (in a dark humor sort of way) that you thought it was a joke and somebody was going to get in trouble for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies