U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 10:45 AM

48,496 posts, read 24,770,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The liberal media didn't care about Joe until he said something negative about a Republican.
Why should anyone care about someone who hasn't uttered a word in over year.

In the other hand you bring up a good point: why is FOX not reporting this?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 10:49 AM

687 posts, read 1,564,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like Joe the Plumber is not too happy about McCain dragging him unwillingly to the spotlight to use him in his campaign. As we know the spotlight exposed all kinds of embarrassing facts about Joe's private life.

Joe the Plumber says John McCain 'really screwed my life up,' 'I don't owe him s---'

"McCain was trying to use me. I happened to be the face of middle Americans. It was a ploy."

Wurzelbacher was appearing at an event benefiting a Pennsylvania Republican state representative on Saturday.

"John McCain is no public servant," Wurzelbacher told the gathering, Detrow reports.

He then reportedly went on to announce that his enmity towards the 2008 GOP presidential candidate is so high that he no longer backs Sarah Palin -- because she is supporting the Arizona Republican’s re-election bid.
How dim is his bulb if he only now realizes he got used by a desperate campaign? McCain trotted his name out there like he birthed the guy.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 AM

9,646 posts, read 7,499,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Joe the "Plumber" should shut up and get over it. He is just trying to stir controversy so he can sue later on. :-\
He has ever reason to sue the state.

How would you like all your records accessed and then released for no other reason then asking a person running for president of this country a question

I am willing to bet you would be screaming from the roof tops had your info been snooped into and then released to the media to smear you for no other reason then asking a question

Lets not sit here and pretend we wouldnt be heated to the highest level had this been us

Old 02-15-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why should anyone care about someone who hasn't uttered a word in over year.

In the other hand you bring up a good point: why is FOX not reporting this?
Maybe because no one really cares the campaign is over

You make a comment about why should someone care and then thing Fox should care. Makes total sense

Old 02-15-2010, 10:58 AM

34,999 posts, read 30,785,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He has ever reason to sue the state.
How would you like all your records accessed and then released for no other reason then asking a person running for president of this country a question
I am willing to bet you would be screaming from the roof tops had your info been snooped into and then released to the media to smear you for no other reason then asking a question
Lets not sit here and pretend we wouldnt be heated to the highest level had this been us
In real life that was one woman, who looked into his records because he was a new celebrity. (I know it's a different story in Fantasyland.) She got fired.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Maybe because no one really cares the campaign is over
You make a comment about why should someone care and then thing Fox should care. Makes total sense
That's what "on the other hand" means.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
In real life that was one woman, who looked into his records because he was a new celebrity. (I know it's a different story in fantasyland.) She got fired.
That one women was working for the state of Ohio and used state computers to do that search.

He isnt a celebrity and that isnt a reason to search someones records. We have a right to privacy in this country

Do you think she got fired because she did something that was acceptable?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:03 AM

624 posts, read 809,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The liberal media didn't care about Joe until he said something negative about a Republican.

Whatever....
Or maybe they're reporting it simply because it's controversial.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:06 AM

12,399 posts, read 14,942,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
How dim is his bulb if he only now realizes he got used by a desperate campaign? McCain trotted his name out there like he birthed the guy.
His bulb is no brighter and no dimmer than a lot of the citizenry. But that McCain used him is just one more reason why I don't like McCain (or other career politicians). They will use whomever or whatever to further their goals, regardless of the consequences to others. Remember the stacks of FBI files found on Hillary's desk? Do you think she was looking for resumes and considering appointments for Bill's White House staff?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
That one women was working for the state of Ohio and used state computers to do that search.
He isnt a celebrity and that isnt a reason to search someones records. We have a right to privacy in this country
Do you think she got fired because she did something that was acceptable?
First sentence - right, I know. Second & third sentences - He was a celebrity then. Fourth sentence - what? Uh, no.

Why would you assume I approved of it? I was pointing out to you the facts. Many right wingers make the same odd jump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies