Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,193,756 times

Advertisements

Oh, you people!

You should all be grateful. In fact, you should send a BIG THANK YOU note to your senators and congressman.

In your note, you should be so grateful that they maintained their standard of spending while you lowered yours. You should wax eloquent over their 'job creation' in the public sector. . . at your expense. And don't forget to itemize the numerous "deductions" from the workforce, you or your friends and neighbors have experienced so that THEY could insure their own re-election.

And thank them for their diligent efforts at debasing the coin of the nation, the substitution of (worthless) debt-instruments in lieu of real money, as required by the USCON. Bless them for destroying the value of assets, investments, and retirement funds nationwide.

Be grateful that they borrow more, each year, than they pay in interest on the public debt - soon to surpass 14 trillion dollars (not dollar bills). And remind them of their good fortune not to share the fate of one Bernie Madoff who pulled the same swindle in the private sector.

Remember to pray for them, in their hour of trepidation, as they are unable to question the validity of the public debt (14th amendment, clause 4), that anyone but a mentally challenged citizen would realize is impossible to pay off. And since it is THEIR sworn duty to help secure rights and govern those who consent, let us remind them that when enough Americans realize the swindle, they might also join you in prayer that Americans choose Christian mercy for the generations of abuse at their hands.

But I suspect that if enough "Thank You" notes arrive, there will be resignations en masse, and a flurry of emigration to places that do not allow extradition nor repatriate fugitives.

THANK YOU, CONGRESS!
THANK YOU - VERY VERY MUCH...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 03:26 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,524,353 times
Why thank them? We're the ones who elected and re-elected them.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:18 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post

You're right, but I have a feeling that's about to change, at least I hope so. I see incumbents deciding not to run again on the left and right, which is a good thing. I would seriously like to see all of the incumbents on both sides just go away.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,726,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
You're right, but I have a feeling that's about to change, at least I hope so. I see incumbents deciding not to run again on the left and right, which is a good thing. I would seriously like to see all of the incumbents on both sides just go away.

More will simply go away. The ones going now are those that either have, or are at least feigning a conscience, and attempting to show what they may in the near future call "remorse" for their actions in bringing the country to it's inevitable, social and economic fate.

"We the people" are equally to blame for not recognising the partisan team choosing that we engage in, simply plays into their system of keeping the grand illusion alive.

Yachtcare has spoken.......

Old 02-16-2010, 12:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,219 times
Quote:
Exactly! and what we continue to do. And we will keep on keeping on doing so.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:08 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,193,756 times
Quote:
AHEM... the "Thank You" was veiled SARCASM.

When you inform them of your reasons for "THANKING" them (which are basically scathing condemnations), you are not really thanking them.

It's called diplomacy.

(sigh)

Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,745 times
I'm going to thank my senior Senator for deciding to NOT run for re-election but to run for Governor instead. I'm going to thank her as soon as she loses the primary and I'm going to remind her at the same time the reason I did NOT vote for her is because she did indeed vote for TARP.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I'm going to thank my senior Senator for deciding to NOT run for re-election but to run for Governor instead. I'm going to thank her as soon as she loses the primary and I'm going to remind her at the same time the reason I did NOT vote for her is because she did indeed vote for TARP.
The new ads for Kay "bailout" now say she's voted NO for every spending bill since January 2009. Guess she got caught telling a "fib" so she's adjusted her ads.

That is my reason for not even considering voting for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies