Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:39 PM

328 posts, read 306,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Do you want me to put up some pictures of the Black Panther thugs dressed out in camo? The racist hussein obama even got them off the hook when they were commiting crimes.
Black Panther "Thugs" were protecting themselves and the Black Community from right wing extremists and racist cops, but you're the typical racist that likes to play the white victim card. I'm sure the 200 million whites in America were so scared of 10 thousand Black Panthers taking over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland City View Post
Black Panther "Thugs" were protecting themselves and the Black Community from right wing extremists and racist cops, but you're the typical racist that likes to play the white victim card. I'm sure the 200 million whites in America were so scared of 10 thousand Black Panthers taking over.
dcs is talking about the three black activists who tried to intimidate voters at the polls during the past Presidential election.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland City View Post
Extremists on the right actually go out and Kill people because of their skin color or Kill doctors who abort babies. The Extremists on the left will protest Michael vick or throw paint in your face for wearing fur, Big difference.
You're correct. And 99.999999999% of conservatives, tea party supporters and left wingers condemn this crap. So to act like it's a big problem in the conservative movement is stupid.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Timothy McVeigh
One lone jacka$$ condemned by EVERYONE. Pretty sure he wasn't a poster boy for the conservative party. He was a nutbag ba$tard that killed children.

You guys are REALLY reaching to try and make yourselves look like you know what you're talking about, but the more the rabid left opens their mouth, the more people see you all for what you really are.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 PM

328 posts, read 306,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
One lone jacka$$ condemned by EVERYONE. Pretty sure he wasn't a poster boy for the conservative party. He was a nutbag ba$tard that killed children.

You guys are REALLY reaching to try and make yourselves look like you know what you're talking about, but the more the rabid left opens their mouth, the more people see you all for what you really are.
We are talking about extremists not the run of the mill conservative. The further to the right you go the closer you get to Adolf Hitler, the further left, Castro. McVeigh was a racist who got his idea from the Turner Diaries.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
You're correct. And 99.999999999% of conservatives, tea party supporters and left wingers condemn this crap. So to act like it's a big problem in the conservative movement is stupid.
It's a big problem for conservatives when conservative extremists begin to feel strongly supported in their extremism. Because that kind of validation leads to them acting out.

Liberal extremists are more likely to act out because of a lack of validation.

I think O'Reilly is concerned because the tea party movement is really rather disorganized. The original organizers were about protesting taxes. Then many other groups joined in to protest multiple issues. Then some Republican party people have tried to link to the tea party movement. And several militant groups and fringe groups have also joined in. Those militants and fringe groups are problematic. Because they have the will and means to commit violence, but have been reined in by societal restraints. Remove the restraints by validating their will to violence, and it can result in violence. So O'Reilly is trying to reinforce the societal restraints against violence.

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
The far right-wing thought NEEDS anger to survive. O'Reilly is an example of an honest to goodness conservative who actually believes in what he is saying, and doesn't need to be angry or p*ssed to believe it.

Glenn Beck relies on
THERES A WHITE-HATING MUSLIM COMMIE ATHEIST RADICAL-LEFTIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

His message is literally an unnamed, ever present "THEY" are coming after you, THEY Are spending your hard-earned money, THEY want to throw you in FEMA concentration camps, THEY want to turn you into a slave, THEY are always there and THEY are the Democrats.
It's downright dangerous, and he will drive someone to do something insane. It's not "if", it's "when". People often forget that there are some seriously dumb morons out there who believe what someone tells them without a second thought just because they're an authority figure- and this goes for liberals too. But, then again, maybe an extreme act by an extremist group will do the nation some good and wake everyone up to the fact that there are some nutjobs out there.
I wonder why, even though I watch Beck every day, I have never heard any of the crap you offered up here. I think it is part of why you know only what you see on MessNBC or somewhere like that. I guess I am going to have to start watching Beck a bit closer since I have never heard any of the crap you posted here. You don't ever watch Beck though do you? How can you report all that Pelosi to us when you don't watch him?

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Umm, that's what he said. Left wingers will throw paint.

My mistake. I read it wrong.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"...if you threaten violence, if you traffic in racism, if you call the president of the United States a communist, those are extremist positions."

The Tea Party and Extremism - Bill O'Reilly | The O'Reilly Factor - FOXNews.com

Glenn Beck had to say the same thing a few months ago, begging his viewers not to let loose with homicidal rages at political events.

So that's twice they're having to warn their lunatic viewers... and that's only the two times I know of.

Looks like you have to be cynical as hell to work there.
The only thing either of those clowns are distancing themselves from is responsibility for whipping their nutbag viewers into homicidal rage like O'Reilly did with the church shooter in Tennessee and the abortion doctor assassin in Kansas

Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Glenn Beck said it, not me.
Did you hear Beck say those things? I doubt it since an every day watcher like me has never heard any of that Pelosi come out of his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies