Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:36 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times

Advertisements

I wonder how the residents of Nevada [a blue state] feel about a bunch of Southern Republicans coming into their state? What if a bunch of Californians held a political gathering in the Bible-belt in order to attack their Republican politicians? I know there would be all kinds of anger & Limbaugh would be screaming louder than he usually does.

How can people expect to influence the way people vote by invading their state with a bunch of hillbilly types? I think they are wasting their own money but that's their loss!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Now I guess your still looking through my posts to try and find one that meets the level of your hypicritical post or you just gave up. Either way, you failed at backing up your claim. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING ALONG.
Not at all, I found one rather quickly of you calling Republicans "juveniles" which ended your argument completely. You can continue to post as if you didnt, but anyone can read the fact that you did..

Old 03-28-2010, 11:45 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
I sure hope someone in this thread has mentioned that there is only one dirty harry and it isn't reid.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not at all, I found one rather quickly of you calling Republicans "juveniles" which ended your argument completely. You can continue to post as if you didnt, but anyone can read the fact that you did..
Lets recap.

Quote:
Thats because, just like all of the other "I hate tea partiers", Democrats are more concerned with ridiculing and painting the opposition with a broad stroak than they are about discussing the motivations and facts. And when the facts dont meet their pre-existing opinion of the opposition, they will then begin to lie and distort the facts in order to fit them into the mold of their perceptions..
Broad stroak statement about Democrats while berating democrats for using a broad stroak. Hypacritical statement.

Quote:
Isn't that what you've just done in this post. Painted Democrats with a broad stroak?
I called you on using the same broad brush in your statement above.

Quote:
I can find numerous postings of yours where you have done such a thing.. thereby validating my argument..

You claimed that you could find one of my posts doing the exact same thing I accused you of, but instead inserted a post where I was talking about the Repbublican Congress, BUT nothing at all coming close to accusing the Republicans of using a broad brush while doing the same myself. Failure in providing the proof you claimed.

thanks for playing... i'm sure you'll come back and spin this into "I didnt mean that" but I'll leave you be..
Quote:
Nice try as usal with your typical spin. Now find one of my posts that came EVEN Close to your hypicritical post above. Find just one, shouldn't be hard at all.

You went from berating an entire party for using the broad stroke while yourself doing the EXACT same thing. When called on it, you reached into your spin bag and found a post that didn't even come close to what you've done on this thread. I know exactly what I meant in that post, and there is no need to spin, thats something only you are good at. Good Try.

So once again. I called you on doing the EXACT same thing you were berating the Democrats of doing. You like your proof Just FAIL to grasp it. THANK YOU FOR AGAIN PLAYING ALONG.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,669,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGTSS1 View Post
Whenever palin speaks, I can't help but laugh.

What a stupid (and incoherent) woman.
Soon to be YOUR President! Ain't payback a beitch?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I sure hope someone in this thread has mentioned that there is only one dirty harry and it isn't reid.
On November 2nd, Reid is going to get his pink slip!:-)

Old 03-28-2010, 12:36 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I wonder how the residents of Nevada [a blue state] feel about a bunch of Southern Republicans coming into their state? What if a bunch of Californians held a political gathering in the Bible-belt in order to attack their Republican politicians? I know there would be all kinds of anger & Limbaugh would be screaming louder than he usually does.

How can people expect to influence the way people vote by invading their state with a bunch of hillbilly types? I think they are wasting their own money but that's their loss!
You are VERY misinformed about my state pard. Just because Obama went over the top in the last election does NOT a blue state make. Vegas may have a high percentage of left leaners (that are thinning rapidly) but here in the north Harry Reid is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit. Redneck hillbillies you say? The arrogance of you left wing elitists never ceases to amaze me. If people don't live in some urban septic tank eating tofu in a condo and watching the art and humanities channel they are "redneck hillbillies". You might try getting out more, take a road trip to Jarbidge, Elko, Winnemucca, Carson City, or any other town or community in NV and interact a bit before you get diahrea of the mouth and spout off about how 'informed' you are as to NV's attitudes. Reid is in trouble here, and a large number of the folks at that rally were Nevadans, REAL Nevadans, not transplanted Californians calling themselves such after a recent move from the Bay Area.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Well, admitting it is the first step....
What a cheap shot! I'd say, typical for a Repub, but I think it's just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont I only brought him up to make a point.
Me, too, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post

Yes to paragraph #1. Californians are uniformly disliked throughout the rest of the west, called "carpetbaggers" and the like. I've argued their case many times on the Colorado forum.

P #2: Please don't call them hillbillies. There are lots of good hillibillies out there. I'm almost one myself, from way western PA. "Outside agitators" is a better description, IMO>

Old 03-28-2010, 12:47 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I actually do NOT like him and hope he is gone. He is too weak to be effective in the Senate and we need an effective leader. Democrats need to QUIT using seniority as the ONLY measure to pick leaders. But I am less into the stupid tea baggers. These folks are just plain dumb and stupid. I cannot figure out why they are mad. Their taxes have not went up a dime.
Oh but the taxes WILL be going up, how is it that they won't? LMAO gawwwwwd!!! The bloody Dems are gearing our entire economy toward a government wage base, and where does government money come from...exactly? I will grant that we need an effective leader, one with some common sense and a bit less 'government is the answer' mindset, and Reid is in real trouble here. He has only just skimmed by the last two elections, by VERY narrow margins. He is NOT a true representitive of Nevada, far from it.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:47 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,419 times
The majority of the people at the rally were from California, if you guys didn't know... About 22 people from my family went, who had friends of friends, family of said friends, and so on... So for all the people who sit here and say all these people from the south invaded NV, you are full of ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies