Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:53 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
What group of people do you think are superior? No, wait, ask that question when your car breaks down on a cold snowy night, your faucet on your bathtub won't shut off, an intruder is on your property, or a storm blows your roof off. I don't think that Bill Gates or Hussein Obama will be there to take care of things. Hopefully, Joe Schmoe will be. He's all you've got.....
Yeah, and I'll be happy to pay Joe Schmoe to perform the tasks he knows something about. I don't additionally have to flatter him by pretending he's a fountain of social and political wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yeah, and I'll be happy to pay Joe Schmoe to perform the tasks he knows something about. I don't additionally have to flatter him by pretending he's a fountain of social and political wisdom.
You mean like Sarah Palin is? I'd vote for John Mellencamp, can't possibly make anything worse!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:02 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The position Mellencamp is seeking is Senator ... not President!

And what exactly was Reagan before he became Governor of California?

President of the Screen Actors Guild? WOW !!! I am so impressed.

The current SAG president is Ken Howard (TV actor from The White Shadow).

Guess Ken Howard must be next in line for Governor of California?

And I guess John Mellencamp needs to first become President of the Musicians Union before he has enough experience to become a Senator from Indiana?
Let's not forget Arnold "The Governator".

Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 PM

767 posts, read 2,066,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You're also paying Joe Schmoe to keep his mouth shut just like companies do to their employees. Its a power thing. See, you can't really intimidate John Mellencamp, so he says what he really feels...He has more power than most people. So he just does what other people would do if they could.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:17 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1960 View Post
indianapolis (ap) — an online effort to draft hoosier rocker john mellencamp to run for the u.s. Senate seat being vacated by indiana's democratic sen. Evan bayh is building up steam.

Twitter is abuzz with the rumor and three separate facebook groups have been set up, with the largest boasting about 2,000 members.

john mellencamp for senate? Online effort underway - usatoday.com

didn't this clown drop outta high school?? :d

Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was not aware that artistic talent negates social and political acumen and responsibility. Maybe if the representatives in Washington had more imagination and creative ability, they would not be the stick in the mud and partisan greedy shills that many have proven to be.

And I didn't know that artistic talent equated to having "political acumen".

Old 02-26-2010, 03:07 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Illinois 1 View Post
You're also paying Joe Schmoe to keep his mouth shut just like companies do to their employees. Its a power thing. See, you can't really intimidate John Mellencamp, so he says what he really feels...He has more power than most people. So he just does what other people would do if they could.
As I said, he's the best we're liable to get out of Indiana this year. That's only because the Republicans are as crazy as an outhouse rat.

In general, Joe Schmoe is the base of the GOP and they can indeed keep their imbecilic mouths shut.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,232 times
And when Lugar is done, I say we get Axl Rose to take over. That's assuming he'd actually show up for work, and even then, hopefully he won't throw too many hissy fits.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An online effort to draft Hoosier rocker John Mellencamp to run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Indiana's Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh is building up steam.

Twitter is abuzz with the rumor and three separate Facebook groups have been set up, with the largest boasting about 2,000 members.

John Mellencamp for Senate? Online effort underway - USATODAY.com

Great. That is all we need. Another idiot entertainer like Al Franken "leading" the nation. Whatever happened to statesmen in the US? Are we simply beset with predatory career politicians like Charlie Rangle who are out to promote thier own fame and financial status, while ripping off the public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies