Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But they said nothing about the gaping hole they left in SS to obtain that surplus ?
not to mention our now President seems to think the way to get more money is to cut Medicare benefits...And they are the party that cares!!!!

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 05:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
The Republicans are using the strategy that if you keep repeating it people will believe you. Crazy, but it works at least for a certain segment group.
Really? The Republicans are using that strategy?

Seems that it's the Democrat Party that keeps repeating the same old lies. They are even beginning to believe them themselves! HA!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:40 PM

527 posts, read 467,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? The Republicans are using that strategy?

Seems that it's the Democrat Party that keeps repeating the same old lies. They are even beginning to believe them themselves! HA!
Yes, in fact Republicans use this tactic often, all politicians do- it is one of the first rules to getting people to sway to your way of thinking, which is what ALL politicians do-

Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Republicans dont get how to do anything. Is this is a surprise to you?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 PM

164 posts, read 298,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Republicans dont get how to do anything. Is this is a surprise to you?
You just generalized 40% of America into one catergory. Why do you have so much hatred for republicans?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnt-User View Post
"If you tell a lie big enough, loud enough, often enough. The people will believe it."-Adolph Hitler
Yes, that is why present day Republicans us that tactic. . . they care about nothing but their own, elitist agenda. . . government by and for the wealthy and powerful. Why so many of the rest of the population cannot see through their "message" is a real mystery to me. . . many may be uneducated, but few are actually that dumb! I work with a bunch of folks who watch Fox news, and are swayed by it. . . I was delighted last Friday, to hear that most of them do not vote. . .that is just too much trouble!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Yes, that is why present day Republicans us that tactic. . . they care about nothing but their own, elitist agenda. . . government by and for the wealthy and powerful. Why so many of the rest of the population cannot see through their "message" is a real mystery to me. . . many may be uneducated, but few are actually that dumb! I work with a bunch of folks who watch Fox news, and are swayed by it. . . I was delighted last Friday, to hear that most of them do not vote. . .that is just too much trouble!
It is because most want to believe that they are the "top 1%". I'll tell you a little secret. Only 1% gets to be in the top 1%. Polisies that favore everyone evenly are what we need.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
What I post can be validated by published facts. Something to which most Republicans and all of Fox News are allergic.
So what you are telling me, is that lawyers and president lose their license to practice law over "blow jobs"... Wow.. I didnt know that.. do you want to back this up with the legal code which states this, or do you want to come back and rephrase your claim because indeed Clinton lost his license to practice law.. Do you want to discuss facts, or do you just want to repeat the same old Democratic BS you heard from some other uneducated individual?

Old 02-21-2010, 06:40 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Polisies that favore everyone evenly are what we need.
I agree. Flat tax, NOW!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:31 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I'll guarantee you that if you will take the time to research it Democratic administrations have a much better record than Republicans as far as the market.

Now...you wanna talk congress? What about the fact that The Republicans had a majority from January 1995 till January 2007 and during the period from January 2001 till January 2007 the debt almost doubled?

The reason nothing was done about it was that the administration and the congress were in bed with one another.

All you can do is bob and weave...there's nothing you can come up with which will refute the enormous deficits accrued by Republicans ever since Roanld Reagan first accomodated his rich supporters with a huge tax cut.

Sure, why would we want to see proof of what you say when you "guarantee" it's true.

Democrats controlled the Senate from May 2001 to 2003 because Jeffords (R) became an independent who caucused with the Democrats.

The only time Republicans controlled the entire federal government this century was 2003 to 2007, or four of the past ten years.

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

Click image for larger version

Name:	wapoobamabudget1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	58497

These rosy CBO estimates are based on the administration's assumption that exports will double in the next five years. From what I can see, the defects increased 2001 to 2003 then leveled off and decreased before blowing up again in 2008. Hmm, I wonder what else happened those years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies