Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:44 PM

11,336 posts, read 16,686,583 times

Advertisements

Why doesn't anyone have personal responsbility anymore?

People also seem to forget that banks are NOT a not for profit business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 04:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,429,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Why doesn't anyone have personal responsbility anymore?

Because they don't need to. The government is supposed to help them..remember ? So when they don't these people get mad.
If they can't have it then no one will. I'm sure you read of others that trashed the inside of the home or left water running to cause damage, etc.

It's petty, childish revenge. But this is what our country has come to expect now. Only it will get worse and has over the years.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:50 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,954,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I'm a six figure professional and one of my employees got in over his head with a half million dollar home purchase.
Clearly the President's fault. No, wait. That'd be the fault of your employee or the loan officer or both.

Quote:
When he couldn't make his payments for six months, he begged on his knees for the bank to bail him out.
Obviously the President's fault. No, wait. That, too, would be the fault of your employee or the loan officer or both.

Quote:
The banks reply:"No How Brown Cow!" So he says:"Foreclose on my house".
All right, then. That, certainly, was the President's fault. No, wait... Perhaps the bank and your employee could work on that themselves?

Quote:
But the Bank says: "Now, now, We'll make you a special deal that will let you stay in your home."
Those bastards! And that, without a doubt, is the President's responsibility. Ehm - hang on... Once again, I can't help thinking it's probably either the lender or the borrower who should shoulder the responsibility, here.

Quote:
The new mortgage contract?.... it's really nice and allows him to make $1,800/mo. payments.....interest only.....for life!!!!
Finally, we arrive at a situation that can be attributed to the President! Why, I am sure the next paragraph decides how he sent the Secret Service to force your employee to sign at gunpoint.

Oh.

Quote:
Thanks Mr. Prez...you da' man!!!
I can't help thinking that the President had very little to do with the fact that your employee bought more house than he could afford and subsequently signed another loan document to keep his home. To be honest, having a loan converted to interest-only under the circumstances doesn't sound like that bad of a deal. Your employee could've stuck to his guns on going into foreclosure. Now, when he gets back on his feet, I presume nothing is stopping him from paying off the principal.

Quote:
Another one of my employees wasn't so fortunate. He didn't get a special deal. He got a knock on the door at midnight by Sheriffs' Deputies who kicked him to curb with nothing but the shirt on his back.
This is of course a wild stab in the dark, but is it possible that your employee had received one or more letters from his mortgage holder warning him about this possibility?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,135,666 times
Dane, you know Obama steals hardworking Americans' mail with his secret interceptor spy devices.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:02 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Why doesn't anyone have personal responsibility anymore?

I agree. But then Banks and AIG should have taken their losses from high risk investments, just like anyone else.
They didn't. The American taxpayer wasn't asked - the
government BAILED THEM OUT. The phrase "Too Big
to fail" comes to mind. The little guy never gets a break.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,613,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Anyone who thinks the banks are going along with Obamas' empathetic home owner savior plan and willing to take it in the shorts for the Gipper is high as a kite!

From the first day Barrack Obozo announced his housing program, I maintained the banks will use this to bring deliquent home owners to their knees and subject them to a lifetime of servitude.
I'm a six figure professional and one of my employees got in over his head with a half million dollar home purchase. When he couldn't make his payments for six months, he begged on his knees for the bank to bail him out.
The banks reply:"No How Brown Cow!" So he says:"Foreclose on my house".
But the Bank says: "Now, now, We'll make you a special deal that will let you stay in your home."

Oh the joy, oh the relief!!! The new mortgage contract?.... it's really nice and allows him to make $1,800/mo. payments.....interest only.....for life!!!!

Thanks Mr. Prez...you da' man!!!

Another one of my employees wasn't so fortunate. He didn't get a special deal. He got a knock on the door at midnight by Sheriffs' Deputies who kicked him to curb with nothing but the shirt on his back.

Wait...are you blaming Obama because your 'employee' mismanaged his money and bought a house he couldn't afford??

I'm pretty sure that was the employees fault...not Obama's.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:13 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,038,396 times
Okay.... the USA is bankrupt so what if it decides to bulldoze itself or fly a plane into itself to avoid its creditors. Think about it.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,462,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Okay.... the USA is bankrupt so what if it decides to bulldoze itself or fly a plane into itself to avoid its creditors. Think about it.
War with China...

Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,509,828 times
Funny how some here who are blaming the home owner for taking on debts he couldn't afford are the same ones who felt the federal government was right to bail out the lending institutions. According to the article, his financial problems began from a lawsuit which resulted in a lien on his commercial properties. If this is the case, then if it wasn't for the lawsuit, he would still be able to afford the home loan. The bank managers got greedy and instead of accepting a payoff for what he owed on the home loan, they got greedy and decided to foreclose on the home and sell it for much more than what the man owed on the home. Because of that greed, he decided to bulldoze the home to prevent the bank from foreclosing on the home and selling it for more than what he owed. Good job for him to get even with a healthy form of protest that doesn't involve killing people.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,654,452 times
There is obviously much more to it then that, because if he owed $160k and got an offer for $170k, the bank can't "turn it down" because it's not a short sale... that sale would cover his mortgage payoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Funny how some here who are blaming the home owner for taking on debts he couldn't afford are the same ones who felt the federal government was right to bail out the lending institutions. According to the article, his financial problems began from a lawsuit which resulted in a lien on his commercial properties. If this is the case, then if it wasn't for the lawsuit, he would still be able to afford the home loan. The bank managers got greedy and instead of accepting a payoff for what he owed on the home loan, they got greedy and decided to foreclose on the home and sell it for much more than what the man owed on the home. Because of that greed, he decided to bulldoze the home to prevent the bank from foreclosing on the home and selling it for more than what he owed. Good job for him to get even with a healthy form of protest that doesn't involve killing people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies