Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:35 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times

Advertisements

It just gets better and better. OUT OF CONTROL.

FBI Investigating School District Accused Of Secretly Activating Webcams Inside Students' Homes - cbs3.com
===============
Blake Robbins told CBS3 on Friday that a school official described him in his room and mistook a piece of candy for a pill.

"She described what I was doing," he said. "She said she thought I had pills and said she thought that I was selling drugs."

Robbins said he was holding a Mike and Ike candy, not pills.

Holly Robbins said a school official told her that she had a picture of Blake holding up what she thought were pills.

"It was an invasion of privacy; it was like we had a Peeping Tom in our house," Holly Robbins told WPVI-TV. "I send my son to school to learn, not to be spied on."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 10:46 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,601 times
LOL! But in reality this is scary. Its horrific! Another reason to consider home schooling.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Well to be honest everything always get's "better and better" when you hear just one side of story.

I'll wait until everything is investigated before jumping on a bandwagon. Especially one headed by a kid who got in trouble at school.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:27 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,777,191 times
Let them buy there own computers and this would of never happened

Old 02-20-2010, 03:06 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well to be honest everything always get's "better and better" when you hear just one side of story.

I'll wait until everything is investigated before jumping on a bandwagon. Especially one headed by a kid who got in trouble at school.
You trust the adults secretly peaking into kids bedrooms and I'll trust the kid doing his homework eating Mike and Ike's.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
You trust the adults secretly peaking into kids bedrooms and I'll trust the kid doing his homework eating Mike and Ike's.
I only TRUST that I don't know the whole story. You apparently belive you do. That's all.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:04 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I only TRUST that I don't know the whole story. You apparently belive you do. That's all.
There is no story that can justify the school activating a webcam so they can view a student in his own home particularly when neither the student nor his parents were aware that the school had to capacity to do so.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,062,838 times
I find it really amazing that, when installing spy software, activating cameras, or viewing photographs taken on private property without students/parent's express written consent no teacher, administrator, or IT professional ever stopped and thought to themselves "Hey, isn't this INCREDIBLY ****ING ILLEGAL!??"

Old 02-20-2010, 09:27 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
I find it really amazing that, when installing spy software, activating cameras, or viewing photographs taken on private property without students/parent's express written consent no teacher, administrator, or IT professional ever stopped and thought to themselves "Hey, isn't this INCREDIBLY ****ING ILLEGAL!??"
How about "Hey, isn't this INCREDIBLY ****ING WRONG!??" How can they convince themselves that they have a moral right -- let alone a legal right -- to do something like that?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
There is no story that can justify the school activating a webcam so they can view a student in his own home particularly when neither the student nor his parents were aware that the school had to capacity to do so.
Which "allegedly" happend. People seem to be missing that part. What? Nobody ever lied? Right now I don't know squat about what happened. IF the school district acted inappropriately then they should be punished. Everything beyond that is just a bunch of ignorant blahblahblah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies