Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times

Advertisements

One of the greatest jokes of all time will be when those whites who have been complaining about minority rights all these years wake up one day and find they are the minority. THEN, they'll be screaming for THEIR minority rights!

Who says the gods don't have a sense of humor?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:48 PM

680 posts, read 1,383,294 times
The opening post and the comments by 1751texan are a refreshingly frank glimpse into the minds of Tea Party activists and Sarah Palin worshipers. Their hysteria about all the problems caused by Bush only emerged after we elected a mulatto president. Suddenly they were screaming at town hall meetings such insightful remarks as "I don't recognize my country any more" and "I'm scared, I'm truly scared for America."

The Tea Party is a polemically palatable cousin of the KKK. But the underlying racism of what they stand for is so intense that it can't help but erupt in threads such as this one.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,699,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
The opening post and the comments by 1751texan are a refreshingly frank glimpse into the minds of Tea Party activists and Sarah Palin worshipers. Their hysteria about all the problems caused by Bush only emerged after we elected a mulatto president. Suddenly they were screaming at town hall meetings such insightful remarks as "I don't recognize my country any more" and "I'm scared, I'm truly scared for America."

The Tea Party is a polemically palatable cousin of the KKK. But the underlying racism of what they stand for is so intense that it can't help but erupt in threads such as this one.
Well, the fact that we elected a dark-skinned person with the middle name "Hussein" is pretty astounding. Nobody thought Americans had it in them to do that.

So, it's not really a surprise that there would be a fear-based backlash from a segment of the population not ready for such a breakthrough.

It's important to be sympathetic to these people. They are reacting the only way they can to a world that is changing faster than they are. For most of us, these "minorities" of which the OP so harshly spoke are our friends and family. They aren't some distant "other" to be feared. They are simply people with names who are far more similar than not. We naturally look past the skin color in a way that they have not yet had the experience of doing.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
Obviously, we now live in an age of "multiculturalism" and our society is one where Whites, even though a rapidly declining majority, are the real minority.

My question is, when exactly did this sad state of affairs come into being? What were the key, watershed moments that set in motion the series of events that brought us to our present situation?

I am particularly interested in knowing the answers to these questions insofar as the U.S. is concerned.

If anyone would be willing to shed light on these questions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Your "problems" started with 1) the Emancipation Proclamation (and not shipping the Blacks back to Africa and then 2) not getting rid of ALL of the Indians.

Yep, those two things were the game changers for the bigots but you guys did try to make a nice comeback with the founding of the KKK.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,980,987 times
Quote:
Obviously, we now live in an age of "multiculturalism" and our society is one where Whites, even though a rapidly declining majority, are the real minority.

My question is, when exactly did this sad state of affairs come into being? What were the key, watershed moments that set in motion the series of events that brought us to our present situation?

I am particularly interested in knowing the answers to these questions insofar as the U.S. is concerned.

If anyone would be willing to shed light on these questions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like your KKK mask is on a little too tight!

Perhaps one of Martin Luther King's speeches might help you advance into the 21st century?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,146 times
Quote:
When did Whites lose America?

Hmmm, IDUNNO, as a white boy, I have been lost in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Alaska, New Mexico, Indiana, and a few other states, but I somehow managed to always find my way back home.

My user name should have been crackpot. Sorry, thread makes no sense at all to me.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:16 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,311 times
When did Whites lose America?

@LZKay1 .. What makes you think they had it in the first place?

Old 02-20-2010, 09:20 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,060,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It's important to be sympathetic to these people. They are reacting the only way they can to a world that is changing faster than they are. For most of us, these "minorities" of which the OP so harshly spoke are our friends and family. They aren't some distant "other" to be feared. They are simply people with names who are far more similar than not. We naturally look past the skin color in a way that they have not yet had the experience of doing.
Quoted For Truth.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:30 PM

301 posts, read 282,727 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Did you by any chance attend the KKK rally in Nahunta, Georgia today?....they were wearing white robes and all. Certainly one of those people would be happy to spend time trying to answer your questions, between their shouts of "White Power" to the crowd.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:36 PM

301 posts, read 282,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sounds like your KKK mask is on a little too tight!

Perhaps one of Martin Luther King's speeches might help you advance into the 21st century?
Well, there was, in fact, a KKK rally in Nahunta, Georgia today. The Klan showed up in robes and hats.....full dress, except for masks. Apparently Georgia has a law against wearing the masks! Can you believe it? An actual KKK rally in the streets of a small town in Georgia!
Mixed Opinions Mingle at Nahunta, Ga., KKK Rally | Firstcoastnews.com | Most Popular
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.