Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times

Advertisements

I am just creating this thread because I have been seeing some "pro lifers" crying about how these godless liberals have abortions and how liberals are just putting themselves into extinction. I just love it when "prolifers" post "I wish liberals would just perform late term abortions on themselves".

Whoa! Don't let your life loving "prolife" colors come out!!!

I know of TWO conservative women who had abortions and I am sure there are many many many more conservative women who have.

And no conservative EVER had an abortion, right? Only liberals.

Come on "prolifers". Admit it. Conservatives have abortions too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Statistics indicate that perhaps as many as 40% of women sitting in church every Sunday have had an abortion.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Statistics indicate that perhaps as many as 40% of women sitting in church every Sunday have had an abortion.
If that is true, then that is freakin funny as hell. Any links?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:19 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am just creating this thread because I have been seeing some "pro lifers" crying about how these godless liberals have abortions and how liberals are just putting themselves into extinction. I just love it when "prolifers" post "I wish liberals would just perform late term abortions on themselves".

I know of TWO conservative women who had abortions and I am sure there are many many many more conservative women who have.

Perhaps you are somewhat confused? The reason why I have said such thing is as follows:

1. Some liberals are pro-life, while most aren't. Most conservatives are pro-life, while some aren't.

2. Both conservatives and liberals have abortions. That has nothing to do with being liberal or not. However, there are conservatives and liberals who never have abortions.

3. Your life experiences, as explained by you above, are your life experiences. It does not mean that all conservatives don't have abortions and aren't pro-life.

4. There are a lot of Catholics in the most liberal States of the East Coast, but most Catholics don't agree with abortions. This last statement should somewhat clarify what I am trying to tell you.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:59 PM

418 posts, read 487,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Religious right /= conservative

Barry Goldwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"By the 1980s, with Ronald Reagan as president and the growing involvement of the religious right in conservative politics, Goldwater's libertarian views on personal issues were revealed; he believed that they were an integral part of true conservatism. Goldwater viewed abortion as a matter of personal choice, not intended for government intervention.[32]

As a passionate defender of personal liberty, he saw the religious right's views as an encroachment on personal privacy and individual liberties.[33] In his 1980 Senate reelection campaign, Goldwater won support from religious conservatives but in his final term voted consistently to uphold legalized abortion and, in 1981, gave a speech on how he was angry about the bullying of American politicians by religious organizations, and would 'fight them every step of the way'.[34]"

Old 02-20-2010, 07:11 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Abortion is not an issue to a lot of conservatives. Personally, I think its wrong, but it isn't even on my list of things that I look at with a politician. Republicans use it as bait to rally the religous base every election, then do nothing about it. Dems use it as bait swearing that if Reps get elected abortions will be banned, knowing damn good and well its not going to happen. Its a distraction issue IMO, that is it.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Abortion is not an issue to a lot of conservatives. Personally, I think its wrong, but it isn't even on my list of things that I look at with a politician. Republicans use it as bait to rally the religous base every election, then do nothing about it. Dems use it as bait swearing that if Reps get elected abortions will be banned, knowing damn good and well its not going to happen. Its a distraction issue IMO, that is it.
Agreed. The fact that it is even in US politics is just a JOKE.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:17 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
LV, as a moderate conservative I've mentioned many times on many of your threads I support Pro-choice. I recall when abortions were illegal and women would get back alley abortions which would lead to death, sterility and all kinds of problems.

It falls into the same category as drugs which should be legalized. People will get them and all making them illegal does is create criminals.

Now Obama's liberal spending, that's one thing that should be illegal.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LV, as a moderate conservative I've mentioned many times on many of your threads I support Pro-choice. I recall when abortions were illegal and women would get back alley abortions which would lead to death, sterility and all kinds of problems.

It falls into the same category as drugs which should be legalized. People will get them and all making them illegal does is create criminals.

Now Obama's liberal spending, that's one thing that should be illegal.
I was talking about the delusional "prolifers" who act like only liberals have abortions.

Not moderate ones.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM

527 posts, read 467,484 times
I always find it interesting when discussing the abortion issue with prolifers, to find that most of them believe in the death penalty- so life is sacred only up to a point I guess-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies