Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,192,597 times

Advertisements

Well now just a little reading of Rasmussen may well explain that question and show one very major reason. The approval rating, according to Rasmussen's daily poll is -19 today after being -17 yesterday, -12, Friday and much better the remainder of last week. For some reason the only lower score for that poll was December 22 when it reached -21. That was just a couple of days before the Senate had to vote on the Reid version of Obamacare. Now they are getting ready to push it again and the number is dropping rapidly.

Read a bit on this link and see that today the strong approval rate is the lowest it has ever been and that is the reason for this result. When you look just a bit here you will find that there are 10% more people who don't accept him than do.

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 03:34 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,553,132 times
I think it could be a load of things. If you sample people in Michigan, you will get higher ratings.

If you question people in Texas, you will get lower ratings. I wonder where and whom they ask about approvals.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
It's too wild to even rely on anymore. Then again so is current events. One day green shoot and the next the bottom is falling out. All depends who talks, what report comes out and how good or bad the numbers are compared to some "expectations".

I just don't pay attention to the opinions anymore..not reliable given current events.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's too wild to even rely on anymore. Then again so is current events. One day green shoot and the next the bottom is falling out. All depends who talks, what report comes out and how good or bad the numbers are compared to some "expectations".

I just don't pay attention to the opinions anymore..not reliable given current events.
I am taking it for granted that you didn't avail yourself of the link or any part of the explanation. Is that right?

Old 02-21-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I think it could be a load of things. If you sample people in Michigan, you will get higher ratings.

If you question people in Texas, you will get lower ratings. I wonder where and whom they ask about approvals.
Oh they do their daily questioning just as the left leaning pollsters do theirs. You know call only those who live in strong union centers to get their answers.

They carefully call only likely voters which certainly does eliminate many from their polls. If you would read a bit on their explanations about how they operate and how they determine their results you might be able to understand what they are trying to tell us. Try it sometime, as it might be educational. You are a student, still, I take it.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am taking it for granted that you didn't avail yourself of the link or any part of the explanation. Is that right?
It's more than healthcare. Current event news on any given day swings extreme. It's very volatile right now. You can't go by day to day or even month to month. There is confidence building going on at the same time "less bad" numbers are coming out. Less bad is not good but it sounds better doesn't it. This depression has come up with a whole new book of words that take the harshness off what is really happening.

Same happened in the 20's under Hoover.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,747,959 times
Well, it just depends on the show... I liked Jim Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber" but the act got old by "Ace Ventura". The Mask was OK, but he still kept making really bad movies based entirely on ass jokes. When he 'effed up my childhood memories by doing "the grinch" that was the last straw. Now I would punch him in the face if I ever saw him.

What? Obama is the mighty president of the most powerful country in the world and not an actor in a popularity contest, you say?

Surely, you jest.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,072,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Oh they do their daily questioning just as the left leaning pollsters do theirs. You know call only those who live in strong union centers to get their answers.

They carefully call only likely voters which certainly does eliminate many from their polls. If you would read a bit on their explanations about how they operate and how they determine their results you might be able to understand what they are trying to tell us. Try it sometime, as it might be educational. You are a student, still, I take it.
So you admit you rely on a biased polling group?

Wow, why would you? Dont you feel you're cheating yourself, by doing that?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,853,515 times
His renewed push for obamacare.

Right after he started in again, the polls started their inevitable downward trend.

Gallup had him at 53-40 two polls ago/three days ago.

He is now at 48-45 in the Gallup.

Newsweek also has an updated poll.

48%.

The cause of the tanking?

Independents that supported him in 2008 are running fast and furious away from his agenda.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,553,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
So you admit you rely on a biased polling group?

Wow, why would you? Dont you feel you're cheating yourself, by doing that?
No kidding. When I read that reply I was like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies