Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I keep asking, where is it written that he lost his medal?
He didn't lose his medal, whoever has said that is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
He's a snow boarder........Is anyone really that suprised? X-Games and Internet Behavior Generation are not exactly the upholders of manners and class. You know Dude? I'm just sayin'.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
He didn't lose his medal, whoever has said that is wrong.
Thanks. Finally, some clarification.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
If we can send a young snowboard kid home for having fun with with a medal think what we could do to a prez playing x-rated games with a cigar.

No you couldn't, even though you sent an adulterous witch-hunter to try

Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I totally agree, but a 22 year old Olympian (spelling?) needs to use better judgement. There is a time and place for everything, this was not the time nor the place.
I have to respectfuly disagree with you on this one. If the pic's were taken while he was on the podium or while representing his team/country, then I would agree on your time/place idea.

However, this looks like it occurred in a laid back, party atmosphere. I've got no problem with it as it appeared to be PG rated antics by some friends / acquaintances.

In fact, I'd have to question the obectiveness of the photographer. That's the person (to me) with the sleazy intent.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
Granted, the pic was not one of the finer moments of olympians, I still wouldn't call it disgusting - merely lowbrow. It's just young people having a bunch of fun. It's not like we expect 22 year olds to act all Disneyfied when they're thousands of miles from home, or even hundreds.

Even if you think it was disgusting, the fact remains that this was not done under the auspices of the IOC, nor was it intended for mass-media publication - nevermind that this day and age of ubiquitous cell-phone cameras and internet connections renders almost moot the debate of eventual public knowledge of the pose. The point still remains: this was not an official IOC sponsored pic, nor was it intended for public consumption. Nor did I see any evidence that this photo was taken in an implicitly family-friendly venue. Odds are, this was taken in the IOC bar and party area or of some similarly "adult" venue obviously not intended for young children or stereotypical church members.

Now if he actually whipped it out and she started giving head, THEN I'd send him home - though he still should keep his medal (barring anything TRULY unethical about how he obtained his medal or TRULY hurtful thing he did to another)

This whole thing is just a tempest in a teapot.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:40 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Exclusive

Young person who wins medal has fun.

Fuddy-duddies shocked

Old 02-27-2010, 08:42 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Actually, kids need to be kids.

Anybody who claims they made no mistakes as a kid is one of two things:

1) Very boring

2) A liar

You missed this one:

3) Both boring and a liar

Old 02-27-2010, 11:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I have to respectfuly disagree with you on this one. If the pic's were taken while he was on the podium or while representing his team/country, then I would agree on your time/place idea.

However, this looks like it occurred in a laid back, party atmosphere. I've got no problem with it as it appeared to be PG rated antics by some friends / acquaintances.

In fact, I'd have to question the obectiveness of the photographer. That's the person (to me) with the sleazy intent.
Still wrong, but you are right about the photograper..He/she had some reason other than just a news story to take the pics..

By the way, I said still wrong, that certainly is nothing more than my opinion..

Nita

Old 02-27-2010, 11:44 AM

241 posts, read 267,318 times
Wow, what a bunch of prudes. Seriously, who cares? The pictures were obviously of him and others having a laugh. I swear, if a prude thinks someone anywhere is having fun in a sexual way (or in a joking-sexual way), they just can't handle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies