Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:33 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
At this point I would say that Obama will win 2012 , however he will have a heavy republican congress.
and we know how wonderful that will be as they did such a fantastic job the last time around. I cannot recall even one of all those fabulous things that they did for the average American, so maybe you can refresh my memory????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I have not voted for a Democratic presidential candidate in over 40 years. If, by some total lapse of judgement, the GOP nominates Ron Paul, not only will I vote for a Democrat, any Democrat, I will actively campaign for them.

care to ellaborate on your reasons?? just curious why you would post this, and not explain your stance...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,739,775 times
Just like the American mouth breathers to shoot themselves in the foot and vote in this dismal team for another term just because they don't agree with the opposition 100%. I think I don't care how many of these mouth breathers have to tent camp in the future.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
and we know how wonderful that will be as they did such a fantastic job the last time around. I cannot recall even one of all those fabulous things that they did for the average American, so maybe you can refresh my memory????
Maybe you can tell me ONE economic indicator which gotten worse under the GOP controlled Congress..

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Ron Paul beat out Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin by a landslide in a strawvote at the CPAC. maybe this will give him the boost he needs?
Head title of my mornings newspaper...

Romney, most likely the GOP candidate in 2012...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Its way to early to will who will take on the issues best that the voters are concerned about.That is sopending and defcits at this time.The main target will be the independents that controlled all the last elections. The candidate will have to be able to effect both parties bascic platforms not just preach rethoric. I see alot of pledges coming not just promises in speech and specfic propoasls.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
I don't think Ron Paul could win. What won was the people showing the Republicans they do not want to same game. Another RINO. Liberal ideas destroy the country and the people are on to them.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 02-22-2010 at 01:09 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 11:51 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Unemployment was around 5%. And what have Dems done to make life better for the average american? The Dems have been running congress since 2007 what have they done? 10% unemployment and a national debt at 14.3 trillion . How has raiing the nationla debt by 1/3 and having 10% unemployment helped the average american?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:00 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
care to ellaborate on your reasons?? just curious why you would post this, and not explain your stance...
I get his appeal. My son and his 20 year-old buddies all love the guy. Remember the Moonies handing out flowers in the airport? That's the effect RP and his followers seem to have.

RP is a professional politician, just like Obama, and like Obama has no business experience. He has essentially been running for political office ever since he graduated medical school and did his stint in the services.

While RP has some admirable qualities, he is an isolationist, anti-free trade, and unwilling to compromise on anything. That's a problem in a democracy where lots of people have lots of points of view.

He's a conspiracist who believes the CIA has taken over the government through a coup, and he would like to abolish the federal reserve. Just the kind of guy I want for president.

Ron Paul is a rigid idealogue who is Obama's Bizzaro alter-ego. Look how much good Obama's idealogy is doing for the country or his party...that's what Republicans would get with a Ron Paul presidency.

I'm sure you have all your answers lined up as to why I'm wrong, but I've done my homework on Ron Paul, and Ron Paul will be just as bad for America as Obama is right now.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Unemployment was around 5%. And what have Dems done to make life better for the average american? The Dems have been running congress since 2007 what have they done? 10% unemployment and a national debt at 14.3 trillion . How has raiing the nationla debt by 1/3 and having 10% unemployment helped the average american?
Please provide links to substantiate what you are claiming and please have the links include dates at to when the economy and jobs started going downhill.

Bush and the Republican controlled Congress certainly did work with the surplus and squandered it away on tax cuts for the very wealthiest white Americans, and in 2002, they let the regulations on the financial industry lapse and with no regulations in place, the thieves went crazy.

Then Bush got a wild hair idea to invade Iraq and give no-bid contracts to Cheney’s Halliburton and the Christian extremist Blackwater group, and spent billions on an unnecessary war. Besides destabilizing the region, the war wasted billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

Bush and the Republican controlled Congress also set up the deal to send thousands of American jobs to Asia because there were no regulations for companies in foreign countries, and the foreign countries did not have their own regulations. These items guaranteed windfall profits for corporate America and the banking industry, with no oversight or regulations to keep them honest.

That brings the scene to 2010, and there is a push back against any new regulations on the financial industry or increased taxes on the obscenely rich by Conservative Republicans who are desperate to protect their rich, white corporate buddies some of which are heavily involved in the Tea Party movement like newly elected Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown.

So the answer to the poll regarding who is to blame for the economic downturn is George W. Bush and the Republican controlled Congress. It began in 2002 when the regulations on the banking and financial industry expired and were not renewed so corporate America and the financial institutions could continue raping the American public out of hard earned money, and Fox News heavily promoted tax cuts and deregulation then and they continue today.

It continues now with Republicans letting the Tea Party Patriots and Sarah Palin rail against the health care reform bill so the insurance industry can keep their monopoly and stranglehold on people, and keep their bottom line in the stratosphere.

Republicans and George W. Bush are responsible for the economic problems in America today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies