Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I am absolutely not a fan of President Obama. I can't think of anything he's said or done with which I agree, except his support of building new nuclear power plants in America.
That said, I have to ask; what purpose can this thread serve? The man is young, relatively healthy despite that nasty cigarette habit. He shouldn't be thinking about dying for a good many years. Why come here & start a thread asking people to look forward to his death?
If I could, I'd give you negative rep points. Useless thread that will no doubt lead people to post some nasty and hateful crap.

I believe this thread was composed to show the hatefulness of the very same kind of thread about Cheney dying. Some on the left need concrete examples of the kind of hate they engage in. Death is a favorite for them.

If you read the OP's first statement I am positive you will see NO referance to asking people to look forward to his death.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:08 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I believe this thread was composed to show the hatefulness of the very same kind of thread about Cheney dying. Some on the left need concrete examples of the kind of hate they engage in. Death is a favorite for them.

If you read the OP's first statement I am positive you will see NO referance to asking people to look forward to his death.
He asked people to look forward to his death by posing the question he posed.
I happen to agree with all the points he made int he post. I happen to dislike vehemently most of wht our president has done. You could have asked a much less "morbid" , and probably more relevant and relatable, question. How about, Will America be as happy when Obama is no longer President as we appeared to be when Bush left?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Did the same kind of thread scare you that asked if Chaney died?

Will America grieve when Cheney dies?
Apples and oranges - Cheney isn't human.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:14 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
I don't see you commenting in this thread: Will America grieve when Cheney dies?

You guys are something else. Cheney dies, 5 posts so far and two of them are me parroting people from here and another is the author trying get a dig on me. And so now when we are talking about Obama dying, we are now on the third page.

Last edited by mossomo; 02-22-2010 at 11:29 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I don't see you commenting in this thread: Will America grieve when Cheney dies?

You guys are something else. Cheney dies, 5 posts so far and two of them are me parroting people from here. So when we talk about Obama dying, we are on the third page now.
I didn't see that one. Also, I've sort of come to expect libs to be looking forward gleefully to the deaths of certain people, with Cheney & Bush near the top of the list. I sort of hoped, however, that the republicans, with whom I am more inclined to share political views, wouldn't feel it necessary to sink to that level.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
I happen to agree with all the points he made int he post. I happen to dislike vehemently most of wht our president has done. You could have asked a much less "morbid" , and probably more relevant and relatable, question. How about, Will America be as happy when Obama is no longer President as we appeared to be when Bush left?

Hmmm.....

Will America grieve when Cheney dies?

Will America grieve when obama dies?

Now where did you read?

Will you look forward to it when Cheney dies?

Will you look forward to it when obama dies?

This op was simply showing the hatefulness of the Cheney thread, and a good example it is.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
I didn't see that one. Also, I've sort of come to expect libs to be looking forward gleefully to the deaths of certain people, with Cheney & Bush near the top of the list. I sort of hoped, however, that the republicans, with whom I am more inclined to share political views, wouldn't feel it necessary to sink to that level.
Guess we aren't all that different, eh? LOL

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Well, look at it this way -- Michael Jackson died almost a year ago and we still can't get rid of him. I think when Obama dies, some segment of the population will turn him into the next Jesus.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Apples and oranges - Cheney isn't human.
That is exactly the leftist view and what started this hate business rather that policy oppostion.They did it to nxon from the get go and have continue ;how they are seeign the worm turn. Remember that nixon didn't start the dirty trick squad ;JFK did in the 60 election.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
He polls worse than Bush? I dont remember seeing Obama hit 27 percent? Anti capitalist? WRONG again. He lies? Well Jeez. ALL politicians lie. World Apology? Where did he say sorry?

Many Americans have a low opinion of Obama? Dont say I didnt tell you but he is not anywhere close to Obama.

You like being wrong. Just like most of the trash Republicans and CONservatives. Makes me happy.

And yes, I do believe America will grieve over Obama. More than Cheney No doubt about it in the LEAST. Sucker!

Obam is only at his one year mark remmeber. Goig from 61% to 47% in the same pols means alot. But not neccessary him but his policies. i don't disl;ike him;its his polices and filures in the triplig the debt with no resultsd. In teh end that is what matters;results. At this point I don't see his result getting good even if he were to contiue for eight years with the debt he has saddled the country with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies