Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You seem to be somewhat confused, Christians in this country are one of the last groups, that it is OK, "if not politically correct",to bash, what special rights are Christians asking for or receiving that no other American is afforded? For the record I don't know of anyone on here that has promoted the idea that it is OK to bully, threaten or harass homos.

I think the confusion might stem from the fact that the Christian majority only pretends to be victimized and marginalized, when, in fact, they are the source of the very hegemony that makes this type of anti-hate violence legislation necessary.

While Christians pretend to be victimized and marginalized (because, of course, being persecuted makes you more Jesus-like), gay people are actually victimized in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 03:51 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
cracks me up, people afraid of gay people. heheheeeee

Old 02-24-2010, 04:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Christians in this country are one of the last groups, that it is OK, "if not politically correct",to bash.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:16 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense1 View Post
I read a book years ago about this very issue, where economic collapse was coming, coupled with Homosexual "rights" trampling the rights of everyone else (including the Constitution), and ending in a President pushing a Global Government.

It's a great read, granted the book is several years old and it has almost all come to happen with the election of Hussein Obama and his one-world government, homosexual, and anti-American agenda.

America's Last Call"
by David Wilkerson
Indeed!! We are rushing headlong into oblivion in what could be the end of our country as we know it, with a real ECONOMIC crisis, while the left, obsesses with homosexual rights and global warming.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think the confusion might stem from the fact that the Christian majority only pretends to be victimized and marginalized, when, in fact, they are the source of the very hegemony that makes this type of anti-hate violence legislation necessary.

While Christians pretend to be victimized and marginalized (because, of course, being persecuted makes you more Jesus-like), gay people are actually victimized in reality.
I don't play the victim game! read the post I responded to Christians are not seeking special protection.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:18 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Indeed!! We are rushing headlong into oblivion in what could be the end of our country as we know it, with a real ECONOMIC crisis, while the left, obsesses with homosexual rights and global warming.

yep, pretty funny chicken little the sky IS falling pretty soon men will be required to wear miniskirts

Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I'm not confused in the least. What would you say to taking off religion, race & sex from the list of protected people? That way, anyone who has been discriminated against or fired, harassed what have you because of their religion, race or sex has no case & no reason to complain.
If you are referring to hate crime laws, I do not believe in them for anyone. We are all protected by the same bill of rights. I firmly believe that an employer has the right to fire anyone for any reason period.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:25 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,665 times
Quote:
I don't play the victim game! read the post I responded to Christians are not seeking special protection.
Why don't you respond to my post about what special rights homosexuals are wanting.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Why don't you respond to my post about what special rights homosexuals are wanting.
You would need to ask one of them on this forum. I am on record as stating they currently have every right that every other American has and there need not be any special legislation or laws passed based on someones sexual appetite.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:32 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
You would need to ask one of them on this forum. I am on record as stating they currently have every right that every other American has and there need not be any special legislation or laws passed based on someones sexual appetite.
I don't have the right to marry the person I love in every the majority of states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies