U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,435 posts, read 15,981,208 times
Reputation: 5224

Advertisements

IRS worker's widow sues pilot's wife

I think that this is horrible. I doubt that Stack's widow knew anything about Joe wanting to fly his airplane into the IRS bldg. Even if she had the slightest clue, how would they prove it?

Last edited by wehotex; 02-23-2010 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2010, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 70,038,371 times
Reputation: 27523
So much for the previous report where they didn't blame Stack and said prayers went out to Stack's wife and family.

This just has a real ugly feel to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2010, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,691 posts, read 86,982,965 times
Reputation: 29356
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
IRS worker's widow sues pilot's wife

I think that this is horrible. I doubt that Stack's widow knew anything about Joe wanting to fly his airplane into the IRS bldg. Even if she had any slight clule, how would they prove it?
What a moron this lawyer is. He has about a 100% chance of success if he just sues Stack's estate, and about a 0% chance of success in this particular case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2010, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,009 posts, read 15,205,324 times
Reputation: 3739
What a coincidence. The Hunter family is as much of a leech as the IRS. Here's a quote from her before she learned she could extract some money.

"We are not the only family in mourning today. Our hearts go out to the wife and family of Andrew Joseph Stack. We are not angry with them because they did not do this. We forgive Joe for his actions which took Vern’s “pound of flesh” with him. Joe had to be in a great deal of pain and distress so… the family and friends of Vernon Hunter, and the entire “Body of Christ” at The Greater Mt. Zion Church, pray for their peace and comfort this day, in the name of Jesus. We are also praying for any and every person whose life has been impacted by this terrible tragedy."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 PM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,187,388 times
Reputation: 9378
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What a coincidence. The Hunter family is as much of a leech as the IRS. Here's a quote from her before she learned she could extract some money.

"We are not the only family in mourning today. Our hearts go out to the wife and family of Andrew Joseph Stack. We are not angry with them because they did not do this. We forgive Joe for his actions which took Vern’s “pound of flesh” with him. Joe had to be in a great deal of pain and distress so… the family and friends of Vernon Hunter, and the entire “Body of Christ” at The Greater Mt. Zion Church, pray for their peace and comfort this day, in the name of Jesus. We are also praying for any and every person whose life has been impacted by this terrible tragedy."
KFC biscuits are awesome.....until you find out Denny's has free pancakes on Tuesday's. Then common decency is replaced with the overwhelming desire to cut in line and retrieve that feast you're "entitled" to.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 02-23-2010 at 11:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 PM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,449,686 times
Reputation: 4741
Is the body cold yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,354,192 times
Reputation: 453
Question time for our Law Genius's. Did she not relieve the family of being culpable when she said that they were not to blame nationally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2010, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,691 posts, read 86,982,965 times
Reputation: 29356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Question time for our Law Genius's. Did she not relieve the family of being culpable when she said that they were not to blame nationally?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,354,192 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
No.
Why not? She said they were not to blame. Would that not release them from any responsibility? At least it would bring her character into question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 AM
 
Location: Chicago
38,691 posts, read 86,982,965 times
Reputation: 29356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Why not? She said they were not to blame. Would that not release them from any responsibility? At least it would bring her character into question.
Just saying "X is not to blame" is not a legally binding statement, that's why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top