Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:41 AM

768 posts, read 942,144 times

Advertisements

These are a lot of words for two of the men most responsible for the greatest moral failure in our democracy since slavery.

They both were resoundingly wrong on the biggest and most important issue of our time, both tactically and philosophically. Why are they still getting press? Cheney still beats his chest in utter intellectual denial, and Powell is trying to self-justify the fact that he had problems with a variety of things and wasn't man enough to speak out against it.

They should be rendered irrelevant when adults talk foreign policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Not at all.

Powell > Cheney x 10

I hate to be the one to inform you, but a VP would have hell of a lot more security information than a general would ever have. Return to math and learn the difference between < and >..

Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Give it a rest, you pulled the race card again on a thread which had nothing at all to do with race.. The left pull out race 99% of the time, its almost like you have the cards marked and pull it. Only thing I'm trying to decide, is in a card game, which card trumps the other one, the joker, or the race card?

Back up your stats. With all of these why are blacks threads that crop up every day ontop of the Idiotic one about Blacks believing they own Obama. Like I said, Try again. I guess when all else fail, spin, transparence and provide phoney stats. As usual you are predictable.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:46 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
I hate to be the one to inform you, but a VP would have hell of a lot more security information than a general would ever have. Return to math and learn the difference between < and >..

Possibly, but they should also be judged on credibility and mis-use of information they possess.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Back up your stats. With all of these why are blacks threads that crop up every day ontop of the Idiotic one about Blacks believing they own Obama. Like I said, Try again. I guess when all else fail, spin, transparence and provide phoney stats. As usual you are predictable.
As usual I am predictable to call out your racism accusation on a topic which has nothing to do with racism? Good.. Thats a plus in my book. I dont need to backup my stats, you are the one who claimed race would be brought up on a thread, while YOU brought up race.

I dont give a rats ass about any thread in regards to 'why are blacks".. This isnt one of those threads and I dont post on bs threads.. You are welcome to go toute your racism on other racist threads, leave those threads which have nothing to do with racism alone if you cant discuss the topic without claiming racism..

Any such cry of racism that has nothing to do with racism simply discredit real racism when it exists.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Possibly, but they should also be judged on credibility and mis-use of information they possess.
what mis-use? You seem to be privy to information the rest of us dont have..

Old 02-24-2010, 05:54 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
[quote=pghquest;13034249]As usual I am predictable to call out your racism accusation on a topic which has nothing to do with racism? Good.. Thats a plus in my book. I dont need to backup my stats, you are the one who claimed race would be brought up on a thread, while YOU brought up race.

I dont give a rats ass about any thread in regards to 'why are blacks".. This isnt one of those threads and I dont post on bs threads.. You are welcome to go toute your racism on other racist threads, leave those threads which have nothing to do with racism alone if you cant discuss the topic without claiming racism..

Any such cry of racism that has nothing to do with racism simply discredit real racism when it exists.[/quote0]

aHHH the ever loving SPIN, TRANSPARENCE, PREDICTABILITY OF YOU. Thank You for playing along. Continue with the Spin and the personal attack of calling me a racist

Old 02-24-2010, 05:57 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Wink Just for the record...

Quote:
As a former VP, Cheney's security info would be no better than Powell's, at best. And he's bloviating about security "issues" that he claims have arisen since he left office over a year ago. He's been out of the loop for some time now. And his rants smack of bitterness. He's a cranky old man who's angry that America isn't more "grateful" for all the damage he did when in office.

I'm glad to inform you that a respected former secretary of state, retired general officer, JCS, and combat veteran has a lot more credibility than a chickenhawk failed veep who never served a day in uniform.

But only with the thinking public. The dittohead public will continue to sing Cheney's praises as instructed by their leadership.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
aHHH the ever loving SPIN, TRANSPARENCE, PREDICTABILITY OF YOU. Thank You for playing along. Continue with the Spin and the personal attack of calling me a racist
You got called out on your racism, and now want to turn the topic into me.. Nice try.

That might work if individuals werent able to follow along with the thread and read where YOU brought up race, just like 10% of your other postings.. (and yes, that is a REAL statistic from the search option)

Old 02-24-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
As a former VP, Cheney's security info would be no better than Powell's, at best.
Not even close. Powell hasnt held the National Security Advisors position since 1989, nor has he held any other political position since 2005. The only way your posting would be accurate is if we were a stagnate world where things havent changed, but I can guarantee you security info has changed substantially in 5 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies