Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:31 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
They are and they didn't. The police faux outrage is the product of the OP.
Gotcha

Well, then the ladies are doing the right thing. If I own private property, and I don't want to allow blue eyed people onto it, then thats my right. Even if its a business, that should be the standard. If I want to be a sexist, racist idiot, then thats my God given right, is it not. The government shouldn't tell me I have to do anything, and they have a right to protect my right to be a sexist, racist idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
"We have this generation of American muslim women who are saying look you want us to go to Harvard, to rise to the highest level of Wall Street firms and you want us to sit where in the mosque?," Nomani said."

Islamic feminists. Nice to see.
Are they armed?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Quote:
It is nice to see, but that isn't the point of the thread.
missed the private country club thing. I get it now. ok?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:43 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Private Property. End of Story.
Private property. Point taken. Still bugs me.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:43 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Gotcha

Well, then the ladies are doing the right thing. If I own private property, and I don't want to allow blue eyed people onto it, then thats my right. Even if its a business, that should be the standard. If I want to be a sexist, racist idiot, then thats my God given right, is it not. The government shouldn't tell me I have to do anything, and they have a right to protect my right to be a sexist, racist idiot.
Which is why the imam called in the cops....

Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The public police should stay out of enforcing ANY religious requirements.
They didn't, they responded to a public complaint. If more than one object, then the police are bound to react. The same would be true if a bunch of Catholics went into a Synagogue and worshiped as Catholics and the Jewish congregation objected. The police would be bound to eject the Catholics.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Gotcha

No you don't "gotcha."

If you have a private business that conducts business with the public you don't have the right to be a sexist, racist idiot... well you have the right to be an idiot, but your idiocy doesn't allow you to act in a discriminatory manner.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
No you don't "gotcha."

If you have a private business that conducts business with the public you don't have the right to be a sexist, racist idiot... well you have the right to be an idiot, but your idiocy doesn't allow you to act in a discriminatory manner.
I'm saying it should. If I own a business, and I want to ban someone, for whatever reason, from entering my business, my property, then it should be my right.

However, if its a publicly owned thing, like a city bus, or a court house, or the sheriffs office, then anyone should be allowed in.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
I'm saying it should.
Yes, you and thousands of other(?) segregationist thought the same thing but what you think and what the law says are two different animals.

Civil Rights Act of 1964: Public Accommodation

Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Hmm... Separate but equal? Isn't that a civil rights amendment violation?

These people need to wake up to the fact that in this country we don't have a star and sickle on our flag.

If they want to live like they're in the 5th century let them do that crap back where they came from.

Since when do the police get involved in a dispute like that?

Disgraceful!

What would the men have done? STONED THE WOMEN WHO ARE PROTESTING?

They need to Get the F*** outta here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies