Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Joe's thread is still growing. I'm so glad he got the country talking about this. THANKS JOE!
The only thing Joe has the American public talking about is the fact that he is a Terrorist and his supporters are far right wing anti-American Terrorist supporting extremists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
Can you also acknowledge that your government is a murderer? In fact the body count as a result of government violence cannot even be compared to Stack's one act of violence. Now in anticipation of the reply that when the government kills, the victims are not Americans and are simply casualties of war, let me just say two words: Ruby Ridge.

I can add the words waco and david koresh to ruby ridge as well. I don't have blinders on, but you do if you can't concede that joe was a murderer. using your thinking, take away all of the whys of what he did and look at the act of flying a plane into a building that results in the deaths of two people. murder. no way around it.

a country going to war is different than a lone crazy that murders someone. to use the analogy of war to compare the "righteousness" of an act does not apply, the only commonality they have is that people died.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:21 PM

938 posts, read 1,229,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The only thing Joe has the American public talking about is the fact that he is a Terrorist and his supporters are far right wing anti-American Terrorist supporting extremists.
not at all. that's only the wackos who want martial law chanting that stuff. the real people are looking deeper.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What you don't get is you and consent and horsemen are the ones saying something wrong was right. You've marginalized your position again and again by saying you don't think Stack should have done what he did, but you defend what he did nonetheless. He was wrong. And nothing that you three have said changes that. Stack murdered an innocent man, and injured many others. You want to focus on the sins of the IRS to justify Stack's actions. NOTHING justifies Stack's actions. NOTHING. He murdered a good man. Whether he did it as a political protest is moot. He murdered a good man. Stack made all those choices, no one forced him to do so.
Thomas Jefferson is turning in his grave

Quote:
And just for clarity's sake, we're not all IRS supporters or cheerleaders. We're all grown-ups, who've grown beyond the high school pep squads. We actually are mature enough to know that the "If you're not with us, you're against us" mantra is just immature bullying. Bullying. Because the world is not black and white, and because violence hardly ever solves any problem.
Amazing. this is EXATCLY what you clowns are doing. all that terrorist talk nonsense. you clowns are the reason the "eyes" are watching. You can't bully me into following your lab rat march just because you believe everything the IRS does is pure and innocent. I spit that kool-aid out long ago. sorry.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
for reference:

Joe Stack's thread:
460 replies, 5,163 views

Vernon Hunter thread:
163 replies, only 1,285 views
Quote:
Shows the interest. people didn't really care that Hunter got killed. Only people that really cared was his immediate family. the media just pumped up a few fringe idiots to run with a 'terrorist' story to take the focus off Joe's true issues, which was to send a message to the IRS and wasn't to go on a mission to 'killl Vernon Hunter".

You people have been a victim of the Classic Spin Media.
No, the difference in the replies and views between these two memorial threads has nothing to do with how you're trying to spin it. Many of us here on CD tried hard to show respect and not engage in a controversial exchange on Hunter's memorial thread and we took our outrage over here to this thread instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Let's talk specifically about the book that your 'hero' read that encouraged people to declare themselves a church to avoid paying taxes. Was that a quality book in your opinion, or was it the crappy book which I content? Are you willing to admit that if he hadn't read that book that his life probably would have turned out much differently?
Would you mind answering these questions above that I asked of you a few pages back? Or are you avoiding doing so?

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 03-03-2010 at 02:38 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui
most of us have at least agreed that we have problems and can understand his frustrations, can you 3 at least acknowledge that the man was a murderer?

As soon as you acknowledge the IRS pushed him to do it.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, the difference in the replies and views between these two memorial threads has nothing to do with how you're trying to spin it. Many of us here on CD tried hard to show respect and not engage in a controversial exchange on Hunter's memorial thread and we took our outrage over here to this thread instead.
oh how thoughtful.

Quote:
Would you mind answering this question above that I asked of you a few pages back? Or are you avoiding doing so?

Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Thomas Jefferson is turning in his grave

Amazing. this is EXATCLY what you clowns are doing. all that terrorist talk nonsense. you clowns are the reason the "eyes" are watching. You can't bully me into following your lab rat march just because you believe everything the IRS does is pure and innocent. I spit that kool-aid out long ago. sorry.
No one believes that everything the IRS does is pure and innocent. No one believes that.

But just because the IRS isn't pure and innocent, doesn't make it okay to fly planes into buildings where their employees work. It's not okay.

You seem unable to argue those points, and so resort to calling those who disagree with you as lab rats, and lock-step marchers. Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners?

Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
[/i]

As soon as you acknowledge the IRS pushed him to do it.
you are so full of BS I think you must enjoy the taste of it in your mouth.
joe was "man enough" in your eyes to do what he did, but you are not man enough to accept joe was pushed to it murder by his own greed and failures.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,238,196 times
Default Peaceful Reform? Give Examples

I greatly admire the Dalai Lama, who has spent his life peacefully attempting to gain the liberation of Tibet, after the Chinese invasion forced him into exile. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked. I wish we could have a peaceful reform, but I don't see the powers-that-be will allow us the choice of a candidate that would actually change things. When the presidential elections come, we will get the choice of Clone A (democrat) or Clone B (republican). They both will increase the size and spending of federal government, and take more and more from the few working people left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies