Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 02:04 PM

377 posts, read 326,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
I think you have it backwards. There are many things that are not specifically mentioned in the Constitution. Anything not specifically allowed by the Constitution is not therefore prohibited, it just isn't addressed either way. As brilliant as the founders were, they could not anticipate everything and would we want to have a document dictating every move for us anyway? I know I don't.
If it's not comprehended by the constitution, it's not comprehended by the constitution. Insurrection is not enumerated for the fed nor is it delegated to the states. That sort of defeats the purpose of having our style of constitution.

Quote:
First of all, we aren't necessarily talking insurrection here. Fact is to affect any change within the government, one must work within the protocols established by the government. That just seems really wrong to me, although it is obviously a good thing for the government.

As for the extreme measure of insurrection, have you read any of the Jefferson quotes posted here?
What we're talking about is a group of people who are sore b/c their guy didn't win the election and they don't like the way the president is doing his job. And they are reactionaries who largely don't understand the constitution, government, economics or the very governmental programs that they rail against or support (it's hard to tell sometimes):

"Tell the federal government to keep its damn hands off of my Medicare!"

I like Jefferson---the price of liberty is eternal vigilance.... But his quotes are not relevant to constitutional jurisprudence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 02:05 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
650 posts for a murderer,willing to murder innocent civilians,many of whom potentially anti-tax...

Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
And thank you for reassuring us that the Looney Right is dangerous
Hiiichooo to you too!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
For the safety of America I really hope the FBI is monitoring cowards like 4horseman, trueisrealite, consentwithdrawn, mary phagan, etc. You people are dangerously close to terrorists.

Just goes to show what sore losers some on the right are. We were out of power for 6 years and we sat back, gritted our teeth and counted down the days to election. You people are out of power for just over a year and you committ acts of terrorism not seen since the likes of Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph.

you don't realize it but the coward is YOU. look at all the snitchable characteristics in your reply: complaining, crying, whining, "I hope the the FBI is watching...yada yada"..LOL

SNITCH!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
650 posts for a murderer,willing to murder innocent civilians,many of whom potentially anti-tax...
people are talking. that's what's important.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:22 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
you don't realize it but the coward is YOU. look at all the snitchable characteristics in your reply: complaining, crying, whining, "I hope the the FBI is watching...yada yada"..LOL

SNITCH!
No, you're the coward. You condone killing innocent people because you don't have the stones to face the music and man up. Suicide is the coward's way out. You're no more masculine and heroic than the 9/11 suicide bombers.

And if I'm ever questioned by any authorities regarding people of interest in a Joe Stack-esque plot, I'll be more than happy to refer them to your posting history.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:31 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
Condoning a totally unjustified murder,is at least a bad joke & certainly malicious as an idea...

The killer is no different in malice than the Oklahoma bomber...

Anybody wandered how many of those 168 victims were ...conservative & anti-tax..?

To those who wish harm to politicians,I suggest this...
Check how Brown won in Mass...That's the way to win...
Democratically,through elections,not with bloodshed...

Old 03-08-2010, 02:37 PM

377 posts, read 326,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Condoning a totally unjustified murder,is at least a bad joke & certainly malicious as an idea...

The killer is no different in malice than the Oklahoma bomber...

Anybody wandered how many of those 168 victims were ...conservative & anti-tax..?

To those who wish harm to politicians,I suggest this...
Check how Brown won in Mass...That's the way to win...
Democratically,through elections,not with bloodshed...
It's odd.

We have a guy who flies a plane into a building as a political statement.

Al Qaeda flew a plane into a building as a political statement.

From a common sense approach, I'm having a difficult time figuring out how someone can call one a terrorist deserving of death and another a hero in loving memory.

There are some confused people in this world.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:25 PM

39 posts, read 34,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
It's odd.

Al Qaeda flew a plane into a building as a political statement.

From a common sense approach, I'm having a difficult time figuring out how someone can call one a terrorist deserving of death and another a hero in loving memory.
Missles and mortors are detonated frequently by men wearing stars and stripes upon their shoulder for political ends.

Do you have a problem understanding how one can call Atta and Stack "terrorists deserving of death" while calling those wearing earth-tone pixilated clown suits "heros"?

Old 03-08-2010, 04:30 PM

39 posts, read 34,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
they didn't have tanks in Jefferson's day...lol oh boy

Nor nukes. I am unclear on what you are attempting to suggest, though. If, as you said, the idea is timeless, then all current state-of-the-art is included, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies