Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 12:45 PM

39 posts, read 34,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And IRS worker taking a few extra dollars out of your paycheck isn't only innocent, IT'S THE LAW.
The guard watching over the political prisoners as they are worked and starved to death is not only innocent, IT'S THE LAW.

Quote:
Most, if not all of them. Any Greek War, the Spanish Civil War, the American Revolution, the Alamo, etc
I guess you don't consider property owners "innocent." The Spainish revolutionaries sure didn't

Quote:
most founding fathers spoke out against targeting loyalists, so as long as they gave no aid and refused to quarter troops.
Well, assuming this is accurate, it still stands that a worker in the breauacracy of the government is doing at least as much as a random civilian giving "aid and quarter" to troops.

Quote:
I believe it was Jefferson who said something along the lines of "It would make us the grandest of hypocrites to persecute someone for belief."
Belief =/= actions. The founders clearly believed this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
sadly none of your "guesses" had him calling himself terrorist though
I never once called him a terrorist. I did, however, say he terrorized the people who were in that building that day. Do you deny the truth of that statement?

Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidlizzard View Post
The guard watching over the political prisoners as they are worked and starved to death is not only innocent, IT'S THE LAW.
You're not starving and you're not a political prisoner. You're a thug, terrorist, and traitor.

Quote:
Belief =/= actions. The founders clearly believed this.
And they also believed every advantage had its tax. The rate of government oversight in personal lives and enforcement of social laws was probably more tyrannical then than it is today.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You're not starving and you're not a political prisoner. You're a thug, terrorist, and traitor.
I was a thug. I murdered innocent people in exchange for stolen money. Maybe they weren't people though, after all they aren't noble AMERICANS like you and I. Yeah, the object of war is terror so I was a terrorist as well. And yes, I have since come to oppose that which I once served, so now I suppose I am a traitor.

Quote:
And they also believed every advantage had its tax. The rate of government oversight in personal lives and enforcement of social laws was probably more tyrannical then than it is today.
I'm no apologist for the founders, you're the one who was acting as if their (hypocritical) words were some sort of gudepost.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
There is no such thing as an "Enemy Combatant" he is either a Criminal or a Prisoner of War. As a POW he has rights and can't be tortured, etc etc. Then again you can hold him until the war is over and then try him for warcrimes. As a Sabatour or Criminal you try him as soon as possible

Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM

Also, Twista, you have a wonderful talent for missing the point. You appeal to law, yet I would be willing to bet that you don't find legality to be of supreme importance - that, in fact, it really does not factor into your assesments of acceptable behavior. If it did, you would have simply agreed with me that guards of state-sanctioned death camps should not be harmed and their commands should be obeyed.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidlizzard View Post
Also, Twista, you have a wonderful talent for missing the point. You appeal to law, yet I would be willing to bet that you don't find legality to be of supreme importance - that, in fact, it really does not factor into your assesments of acceptable behavior. If it did, you would have simply agreed with me that guards of state-sanctioned death camps should not be harmed and their commands should be obeyed.
Please, for the benefit of everyone, do what Joe Stack did, minus hurting anyone or damaging anything.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Please, for the benefit of everyone, do what Joe Stack did, minus hurting anyone or damaging anything.
I appreciate that you are frustrated in your discussion with BAL, but wouldn't it be a better discussion if we all refrained from asking people to kill themselves?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I never once called him a terrorist. I did, however, say he terrorized the people who were in that building that day. Do you deny the truth of that statement?
semantics. implying that he was a terrorist was just as bad.

And why haven't you sounded off in the Pentagon shooting thread screaming 'terrorist" yet??

Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
That's some fine argumentation skill there. Want to do something novel and address the constant contradictions in your perspective I continue to point out? Or have you come to the end of your power to create anything resembling (for you have shown nothing which actually is) actual reasoned discourse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies