Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 03:10 PM

768 posts, read 1,088,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
come again?

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax - the ONLY tax they are intitled to.
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense(tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer registration tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

America is by far the MOST taxed country on the planet!

And the list is guaranteed to grow. That is one thing the government is very good at; developing new and innovative ways to steal, I mean tax the people. Another one of their talents is finding more ways to try to take away our freedom through the creation of laws.

http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog13710-most-laws-have-no-moral-justification.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 03:18 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,368 times
Joe Stack may be dead, but his ideal lives on.

Remember, Remember, the 5th of November.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
You've proven two things:

1. You can catalog taxes

2. You have no idea how to compare tax burdens amongst nations.

The U.S. Tax Burden Is Low Relative to Other OECD Countries

The U.S. Tax Burden Is Low Relative to Other OECD Countries
Oh, okay, I get it. So being over taxed is okay as long as we aren't the highest taxed nation in the world? Wow, suddenly I feel better because at least I know some have it worse than me. I guess unquestioned acquiescence to our current situation is really the best thing after all. I guess we should all go back to putting our collective heads in the sand and our collective thumbs up our arses.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:09 PM

377 posts, read 326,260 times
Quote:
Joe Stack may be dead, but his ideal lives on.

Remember, Remember, the 5th of November.
Yeah, fight the power of modest taxation minimal reporting requirements and taxation with representation.

Stack was one sick bastard. Sick in the head, sick in the soul...if he had one.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
Oh, okay, I get it. So being over taxed is okay as long as we aren't the highest taxed nation in the world? Wow, suddenly I feel better because at least I know some have it worse than me. I guess unquestioned acquiescence to our current situation is really the best thing after all. I guess we should all go back to putting our collective heads in the sand and our collective thumbs up our arses.
What are you talking about?

We have modest taxation and taxation with representation.

Which of those two things are lighting your rebellious fire?

From where I'm sitting, the entire tax tea party group has no idea what it is protesting and how good they really have it.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Yeah, fight the power of modest taxation minimal reporting requirements and taxation with representation.
Unlike you I prefer not to wait until the guillotine is about to drop on my neck. I'm making prep to avoid that.

Quote:
Stack was one sick bastard. Sick in the head, sick in the soul...if he had one.
don't forget terrorist...

Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about?

We have modest taxation and taxation with representation.

Which of those two things are lighting your rebellious fire?

From where I'm sitting, the entire tax tea party group has no idea what it is protesting and how good they really have it.
Again I ask you.. What does the Income Tax pay for?

Before you answer, understand that the Income Tax is a tax on our labor which is UN-CONSTITUTIONAL!!

Did you skip school a lot?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Again I ask you.. What does the Income Tax pay for?

Before you answer, understand that the Income Tax is a tax on our labor which is UN-CONSTITUTIONAL!!

Did you skip school a lot?
Yes I did. But I had a legitimate education.

I didn't take the Irwin Schiff easy-read course in "How to completely mischaracterize tax laws to avoid paying any income tax".

Why don't you write a letter to your congress person and apprise them of your idea that income tax is unconstitutional?

You will get no response b/c your contention belongs in the arena of conspiracy theories...aliens, David Icke...and the like.

Taxes on labor are constitutional.
“The power, in the eighth section of the first article, to lay and collect taxes, included a power to lay direct taxes, (whether capitation, or any other) and also duties, imposes, and excises; and every other species or kind of tax whatsoever, and called by any other name. ... I consider the Constitution to stand in this manner. A general power is given to Congress, to lay and collect taxes, of every kind or nature, without any restraint, except only on exports...
Hylton v. United States

Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Yes I did. But I had a legitimate education.

I didn't take the Irwin Schiff easy-read course in "How to completely mischaracterize tax laws to avoid paying any income tax".

Why don't you write a letter to your congress person and apprise them of your idea that income tax is unconstitutional?

You will get no response b/c your contention belongs in the arena of conspiracy theories...aliens, David Icke...and the like.

Taxes on labor are constitutional.
“The power, in the eighth section of the first article, to lay and collect taxes, included a power to lay direct taxes, (whether capitation, or any other) and also duties, imposes, and excises; and every other species or kind of tax whatsoever, and called by any other name. ... I consider the Constitution to stand in this manner. A general power is given to Congress, to lay and collect taxes, of every kind or nature, without any restraint, except only on exports...
Hylton v. United States

Ahh, taxes on labor are constitutional. By God why didn't someone say this earlier and saved us all the trouble of debating this issue. And why didn't someone tell Joe Stack that taxing income was constitutional so he wouldn't have felt compelled to crash a plane into the IRS building. I'm sure the financially struggling people who's tax burden is seriously reducing their quality of life are also going to feel so much better now because, hey, income tax is constitutional!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
Ahh, taxes on labor are constitutional. By God why didn't someone say this earlier and saved us all the trouble of debating this issue. And why didn't someone tell Joe Stack that taxing income was constitutional so he wouldn't have felt compelled to crash a plane into the IRS building. I'm sure the financially struggling people who's tax burden is seriously reducing their quality of life are also going to feel so much better now because, hey, income tax is constitutional!
I think Joe knew that taxing income was Constitutional, else he wouldn't have first tried to claim that he was a church, and then he wouldn't have tried to hide income. He tried to scam the system. Some people, like you, think this is a form of protest. When your children lie to you, do you think it's a form of protest against parental authority, or do you think they are trying to cover up their own wrongdoing? When a coworker steals credit for your work, protest or scam?

I think we all realize that you think taxing people's income is wrong, and that you identify with Mr Stack because he fought against paying his own income taxes. But his lying and hiding didn't further the tax protest movement. Refusing to pay your taxes is protest. I don't see how lying about your tax liability is protest. If you think the tax laws are wrong, how does lying about your income and your status serve as protest? Isn't protest about proving to others that the tax laws are wrong? It just doesn't seem to me that cheating proves that tax laws are wrong, only that tax laws can be secretly broken. And trying to sneak things by, that's not civil disobedience. People committing civil disobedience want to be caught. Protesters want to be caught. Criminals don't. A large section of Mr Stack's diatribe was about being caught, and his dismay that he was caught. He was angry about being caught. To me, that's a problem for people who want to elevate Mr Stack to hero status. He was trying to sneak past the law and was angry about being caught. I realize that to you he was trying to sneak past the law, but he wasn't sneaking past the law to benefit others, only to benefit himself. That's just not heroic or laudable to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies