Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 10:30 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You're forgetting something: I hate NO ONE. God hates NO ONE. I discriminate against NO ONE. I just don't believe that the marriage of two men or two women is equal to the marriage of a heterosexual couple. If God wanted homosexuality to go on, he would have allowed them to procreate. Nobody has addressed this as of yet, but I have said it several times, as have other posters.
Perhaps no-one has addressed it because it doesn't make a lot of sense?

You appear to be assuming that everyone has to have children.

You appear to also be ignoring the fact that many gays and lesbians DO have children.

You appear to be also ignoring the fact that many married couples are raising children who are not their biological children, either through blended families or adoption.

You appear to be also ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the time people have sex, they are deliberately NOT wanting to "procreate".

Or are you saying that the only time you or "God" wants people to have sex is when they are having sex to deliberately conceive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:07 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
However, that still doesn't mean or excuse people to hate on gays. That's the misconception the gay community has.
Oh really? Why not go take a gander at FoxNews.com and look at the comments people are leaving in regard to the story about DADT being repealed. Here's a small sampling from my 1 minute of skimming them:

"I ask all service members who were hoping against the DA/DT repeal. Don't show any support to known gays. Don't talk with them, don't befriend them and certainly don't help them in combat."

"Perhaps we will see an increase in friendly fire incidents. One could only hope"

"Straight people have no rights in this country anymore"

"We find gays revolting...'nuff said and that's reason enough for me."

"How about a camo dirty sanchez for the new guys.... or girls...what ever they think they are."

"Impeach the watermelon eater"

That and countless posts have been "flagged for review" - seemingly because (from reading the response comments that remain) because they were even more hateful than the ones above.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh really? Why not go take a gander at FoxNews.com and look at the comments people are leaving in regard to the story about DADT being repealed. Here's a small sampling from my 1 minute of skimming them:

"I ask all service members who were hoping against the DA/DT repeal. Don't show any support to known gays. Don't talk with them, don't befriend them and certainly don't help them in combat."

"Perhaps we will see an increase in friendly fire incidents. One could only hope"

"Straight people have no rights in this country anymore"

"We find gays revolting...'nuff said and that's reason enough for me."

"How about a camo dirty sanchez for the new guys.... or girls...what ever they think they are."

"Impeach the watermelon eater"

That and countless posts have been "flagged for review" - seemingly because (from reading the response comments that remain) because they were even more hateful than the ones above.

Again you are assuming all Christians are like that based on a few. Aren't the liberals always the ones correcting us that because a couple Muslims blow themselves up, doesn't mean all of them want to?

Have you seen hundreds of thousands of Christians openly marching on the streets carrying banners that say things like death to homosexuals and the like? No, you haven't.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:15 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Again you are assuming all Christians are like that based on a few. Aren't the liberals always the ones correcting us that because a couple Muslims blow themselves up, doesn't mean all of them want to?

Have you seen hundreds of thousands of Christians openly marching on the streets carrying banners that say things like death to homosexuals and the like? No, you haven't.
I never said "all Christians". I've spent a great deal of time on this thread pointing out that there are many, many, many, many loving, accepting, non-fundamentalist, liberal Christians out there who harbor no irrational hatred or bigotry in their hearts.

Last edited by hammertime33; 12-18-2010 at 11:41 PM..

Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Perhaps no-one has addressed it because it doesn't make a lot of sense?

You appear to be assuming that everyone has to have children.

You appear to also be ignoring the fact that many gays and lesbians DO have children.

You appear to be also ignoring the fact that many married couples are raising children who are not their biological children, either through blended families or adoption.

You appear to be also ignoring the fact that the vast majority of the time people have sex, they are deliberately NOT wanting to "procreate".

Or are you saying that the only time you or "God" wants people to have sex is when they are having sex to deliberately conceive?

In the old testament, god struck a guy down for rubbing one out and having one of his "Seeds" hit the ground. Soooooo

Old 12-19-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
Homophobia doesn't exist. Homo = human in Latin, phobia = fear in Latin, so homophobia means fear of humans in Latin, and it doesn't exist, if an actual homophobe existed, he/she would have to live in the mountains, the jungle or some place like that, since they couldn't be around other humans. Hating gays is not homophobia, homophobia is just a label created by the gay-liberal lobby to try to undermine anybody who speaks out againt their disgusting sickness and destruction of western society, but it's all in vane for them, in a few decades the World will go back to normal and they won't be allowed to bother normal people anymore.

Incorrect on all counts.

The word homophobia was coined by a heterosexual in the 1960's.

George Weinberg -Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. "Weinberg used homophobia to label heterosexuals' dread of being in close quarters with homosexuals as well as homosexuals' self loathing. The word first appeared in print in 1969 and was subsequently discussed at length in Weinberg's 1972 book, Society and the Healthy Homosexual."

"homo" comes from the Greek word meaning "same". It's not from Latin.

"phobia" comes from the Greek (fobos) meaning "fear". Again, it's not from Latin.

Greek and Latin roots in English - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Definitions: Sexual Prejudice, Homophobia, and Heterosexism

Homophobia has generally come to mean a fear or dislike of homosexuals.

As for the rest of your rant... Sorry...you're on the wrong side of history.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:54 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
I discriminate against NO ONE. I just don't believe that the marriage of two men or two women is equal to the marriage of a heterosexual couple.

I have no problem with gay people. I do not agree with them being gay, I feel it is a choice, so no, it is not "who they are."
Do you not see the direct contradictions in your statements? You don't discriminate, but they don't deserve equality? Ladies and gentleman, I bring you a PRIME example of hypocrisy at its finest!

If you still don't get it, I'll equate this to something you'd probably understand better... this would be like me saying "I have no problem with abortions, but believe they should be outlawed." or "I don't discriminate against Christians, but they should all convert to Judaism." Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Actually I'm amused when I see the angry and militant gays on CD so quick to throw labels and stereotypes on any one who dare disagree with them.

Maybe we heteros need special hate crime legislation to protect us against the likes of you
Please don't lump me (a heterosexual woman) in with your hatred of gays... I'm on their side 100% with this debate, and would laugh at the suggestion of protecting us.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
I'm not vilifying anyone. You're falling right into the trap of the others on here, saying Christians HATE gays, etc. I'm not spreading any misinformation. God does not approve of homosexuality, read your Bible.

At this point, I'm really just banging my head against a brick wall. Nothing I say will change your minds, you're going to think what you're going to think about me, my views, about Christianity and your false notion that being gay is okay. Whatever you want to think to help you sleep at night. Therefore, my time is better spent elsewhere, but you will be in my prayers along with every other sinner on earth (which is literally everyone).
Of course you are spreading misinformation about gays. You don't appear to know very much at all about homosexuality and you don't appear to know very much about the Bible either.

I HAVE read the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, quite a number of times over many years. I've also studied ancient history and the cultures in which the Biblical texts were written. I've also read many of the writings of early church writers and many apocryphal texts. I've also studied comparative religions and the origins and development of different religions. I've also spent several years researching the topic of homosexuality and the Bible and have read many books by both conservative and liberal scholars on the subject. I've also read just about every study I could get my hands on about homosexuality as well as Counselled many GLBT people. My findings are very different from yours.

Yet you yourself have admitted that you haven't even read the whole Bible yet. And that you have only become a "Christian" about a year ago. What does that tell you?

I have not said that Christians HATE gays at all. Obviously there are some who do, but there are many gay Christians and many Christians who are accepting of gay people.

There are also uninformed Christians who misuse the Bible to condemn gay people. Most of the ones I have come across have not even read the whole Bible (like you), let alone studied it or the languages and cultures in which it was written. Most of these also cherry-pick the parts of the Bible that suit them and ignore the parts that don't (not that most of them would even know what is and isn't in the Bible)In my experience, most of these also take it on themselves to declare that they "know" what God does and doesn't approve of and call other Christians who don't agree with their particular version of Christianity "not true Christians".

I would prefer that you didn't "pray for me" thank you, as I do not feel that your "prayers" are in any way positive or in the true spirit of Christ's teachings.

Last edited by Ceist; 12-19-2010 at 05:08 AM..

Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Okay, S&G is the first time in the Bible that men having sex with other men is mentioned. God destroyed those cities. What does that tell you?

Uh no. What was mentioned was a threat of rape of the "strangers' (angels) after the angels had been sent to warn Lot and his family of the impending destruction.

Do you seriously not know that heterosexual men have often used rape of other men to humiliate them and show their power over them throughout history? Do you think that men who rape men in prison are all gay?

Could you please tell me what this has to do with gays? Especially gays in loving relationships?

Please read this link from the Jewish encyclopedia about the laws of hospitality at that time if you want to know about the story of S & G.

Please read Ezekial 16:49 if you want to know why S & G were destroyed. "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

Please read the story of the Levite in Judges 19 if you want the next instance where men threatened to rape strange men. They ended up gang raping the Levite's concubine (female) all night. Does this sound like "homosexuals" to you?

-------
Abraham (the father of the Judeo-Christian religions) had an incestuous marriage with his half sister Sarah. Clearly this was okay with God as he caused Sarah to get pregnant (at age 90 no less). Abraham also had sex with Hagar, Sarah's slave woman. Abraham also had many concubines with whom he had children.

What does that tell you? That incestuous marriages are okay with God? That owning slaves and having sex with them is okay? That having many concubines and having children with them is okay?

Lot offered up his two young virgin daughters to be gang raped rather than turn over the strangers (angels) under the protection of his roof to the angry crowd.

What does this tell you? That it's okay with God for a father to do this? God saved Lot, so what does that tell you?

Quote:

The dawn of man occurred with Adam and Eve. They were straight.

Therefore, straightness was pleasing to God and began at the beginning of time. Gayness was not pleasing to God so he destroyed the people who were committed the sodomy.

Spin it how you want, that's how it happened.
Most religions have creation myths. They are not meant to be taken literally. The Hebrew word translated into English as Adam, just meant "man" and the Hebrew word translated as "Eve" meant "life giver".

“Gayness was not pleasing to the God so he destroyed the people who were committed the sodomy.”? LOL

It’s clear you haven’t even read the story.

If you think heterosexual men threatening to rape angels has anything to do with “gays” or “gayness” then you need to check your critical thinking skills, because it makes no sense.

The aroma of burnt flesh from sacrificial offerings was also pleasing to the Lord.

When you do finally get to read the whole Bible, you’ll find a lot of things which we find horrific or criminal today were “pleasing to the Lord”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies