Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes there is... again, read a psychological report or two & come back with some actual facts.
I have no interest in doing further reading on men raping other men, thanks. I don't care what you say, a man putting his thing into another man's backside is GAY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
You are 100% wrong... you apparently read the Bible with biased eyes, and I imagine you've NEVER read a psychological report on homosexuality and/or rape. I have, and it's been proven that rape has no connection to sexuality - it's an issue of power, and straight people can & do rape people of the same sex. The act itself doesn't make one gay, it only makes them a power-tripping rapist. If these men in prison had a woman available to assault, do you think they'd choose a man instead? No? Then they aren't gay!
Yes, I understand that rape is about power and violence. But I do not subscribe to the notion that any man who actually goes through with a gay sexual act of any kind is not gay. If a man has a desire to do something sexual to another man, I don't care the reason, he is gay.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I just have to ask - where are you getting your ideas about gays and lesbians? Because you haven't posted a factual word on this thread. And when you are presented with facts, you use totally nonsensical 'reasoning' to argue against those facts.
I have seen no facts here. I see a lot of whining about "gay oppression." I have yet to see any facts.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:48 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I have seen no facts here. I see a lot of whining about "gay oppression." I have yet to see any facts.
Really? You must not be reading carefully, then, because many people have presented facts... or do you not consider psychological & scientific studies to be fact?

Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Ummmmm, isn't that exactly the definition of "cherry picking?" Or at the very least, being LED to "cherry pick" the Bible as you see fit. I'm sorry, but you can't claim to be a strict follower of the Bible, and then admit you only read & believe what you want... I don't think it works that way.
I don't only read what I want. I was doing a one-year reading plan that goes chronologically. I have read all of Genesis, Job, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Numbers, Leviticus. I stopped when my MIL got put on life support 2 hours away from us so I was driving on a daily basis to go sit at her hospital bed and ensure she was receiving proper care in the ICU.

Then I was doing one reading plan where I read the Gospels, so I have read about the first half of each. I stopped when we got busy with stuff for relocation.

Then alllllllllll the times where I wanted to research something of interest to me, I have read different parts of different books. Not to mention the last year of strict church attendance where we have two lay readings, the Psalm and a Gospel reading each Sunday. Then Bible study after that.

You may call it cherry picking, I call it being a Christian.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:50 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I have no interest in doing further reading on men raping other men, thanks.
Oh, never mind - I see you don't actually want to read these facts you requested. Mmmkay.

Quote:
I don't care what you say, a man putting his thing into another man's backside is GAY.
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... only those doing such a thing would know, and quite frankly it's none of your business. Why do other people's sexual preferences bother you so much?

Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not gay when they married? No, they just didn't want to admit to themselves that they were gay...A problem caused by people like you.

So what? Your view that God wants us to procreate is wrong...We are procreating to the point where many are starving to death....Enough with the breeding like rabbits already...
World Population Clock - Worldometers
Blah blah blah. People like me? Riiiiiiiight.

You CHOOSE to be gay, that is my opinion. Your argument to me about not admitting things to themselves is inane. If you want to be gay, be gay, don't get married. Perhaps some self-restraint and careful introspection is in order for these folks. Don't you think it's messed up for the spouse in that situation to be taken for a ride just b/c someone doesn't feel like "admitting" something to themselves? I don't buy it.

If you can't take care of a child and keep them fed, you should not be having kids. But biologically, we were programmed that way. We have free will to do whatever we please (including being gay), that is why there are too many mouths to feed at this point in time. People choose to lay down with someone else and get knocked up. What did they honestly think was going to happen? They didn't think, that's the problem, they acted on their urges, and many don't even learn their lesson the first time, which is why you have people with four kids on welfare. They don't use their brains, to the detriment of the child.

God gave us free will in hopes that we wouldn't screw up, well, we have Eve to thank for the punishment we're now receiving: a world full of sin.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Apparently your "Holy Spirit" is sadly uninformed and misinformed about the Bible, homosexuality, history, science, human sexuality and pretty much everything YOU are uninformed and misinformed about.

Isn't that curious?
It's curious that someone would be able to read through the Bible and NOT understand that God does NOT want people to be gay.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And the poster protests that she is not spreading misinformation about gay people?
I'm giving my opinion. As are you. "Misinformed," as it is being used here, is subjective. As has been evidenced in previous posts on this thread, many folks do agree with my side of the argument. It's a typical liberal argument to say that the other side is misinformed just b/c they disagree.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Really? You must not be reading carefully, then, because many people have presented facts... or do you not consider psychological & scientific studies to be fact?
As of that post, there had not been any links to studies presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies